Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Agreed. That guy can't sing worth shit.

RN-- Remember I told you way back then---"The real danger is that you won't want to quit." It's been forty years for me and I still can't get past it. Worse than smoking.

Agreed. That guy can't sing worth shit.

RN-- Remember I told you way back then---"The real danger is that you won't want to quit." It's been forty years for me and I still can't get past it. Worse than smoking.

hell yeah i remember.

i kinda knew i was in trouble on that first train ride. haha

• Like 1

all you mother fuckers (with the exception of Kbar, cause i know him and i know he's put in his time) spend way to much time on the internet arguing about trains, shut the fuck up and go ride one...

oops... and stupid dog

on second thought who gives a fuck.

people getting on the internet to tell people they are online too much is real smart pally.

Oops has put in his time for sure, he's a serious coast-to-coast rider. He just gets belligerant pretty easy.

I think we ought to all give each other a break. You guys all have a lot in common, and being addicted to catching out is just one of them. I don't get to ride much any more because I'm trying to get enough years in on my job so I can retire with a decent income. If I get busted on a train, I'll lose my job. And getting a good job when you are 60 years old ain't easy, trust me. It was tough enough when I was 50. It would be a real bitch at 60.

I would like to see all you guys going to college and racking up years and $$$ for retirement. You're young now, and retirement seems like it is a long way away, but that's how I felt when I was your age too. Life goes by in an eyeblink. Have some adventures while you are young, hell have adventures your whole life, but keep in mind that you need to be earning money and investing seriously for your future.

I tried to get Stretch to see how easy it would be to invest $50 or $60 a week, but he just isn't interested. If you would just invest $1.12 for each and every hour you work (about $45) every week (if you worked 40 hours a week), at 6% interest, you would be a millionaire at age 65.

I never invested a penny until I was older than 40. WHAT A MISTAKE. Start young, at age 15 or 16. By the time you're my age, you'll be a millionaire, and that's no bullshit. Go online to a Weekly Contribution Compound Interest Calculator and play around with it, different amounts at different interest rates. START INVESTING YOUNG, AND INVEST EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Invest $61.00 a week at 6% interest from age 15 until age 65 and you will end up with $1,008,406.72. Over a milllion dollars.

Don't take my word for it. Prove it to yourself.

http://www.bygpub.com/finance/InterestCalc.htm

http://www.bygpub.com/finance/finance0.htm

http://www.bygpub.com/finance/finance2.htm#InterestCalc

It's true, you can stack paper if you have the discipline. Sadly, I don't. It doesn't take me long to flip out and tell the boss where to stick it. Well, I don't bother telling the boss anything anymore, I just leave when I'm freaking out.

I hate being told what to do.

Oops has put in his time for sure, he's a serious coast-to-coast rider. He just gets belligerant pretty easy.

I would like to see all you guys going to college and racking up years and $$$ for retirement. You're young now, and retirement seems like it is a long way away, but that's how I felt when I was your age too. Life goes by in an eyeblink. Have some adventures while you are young, hell have adventures your whole life, but keep in mind that you need to be earning money and investing seriously for your future.

both very true...

TO THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

88mph

You're just getting old, fat and entering middle-aged GEEZERDOM. True blue tramps would be out there, stinky, dirty, covered in rust and diesel smoke with a fifth of Ten High in one hand and a tin of slightly moldy sardines in the other, living the FREE LIFE.

Ha ha. Welcome to the Old Folks neighborhood. Got any gray hairs yet?

'Scuse me. I gotta go pee. Again.

By the way, what's this Senior Member shit on my byline? Is that a crack? I think that's a crack.

You're just getting old, fat and entering middle-aged GEEZERDOM. True blue tramps would be out there, stinky, dirty, covered in rust and diesel smoke with a fifth of Ten High in one hand and a tin of slightly moldy sardines in the other, living the FREE LIFE.

Ha ha. Welcome to the Old Folks neighborhood. Got any gray hairs yet?

'Scuse me. I gotta go pee. Again.

By the way, what's this Senior Member shit on my byline? Is that a crack? I think that's a crack.

im just focused on other shit. more productive things. ive never been interested in riding trains 24/7/365 anyway. i just get on em and go places i feel like going. ill leave that all day every day to the "real" train riders. hahaha... the ones who get arrested 20 times a year and still dont know what a hump yard is. also..ive had gray hairs since i was about 18.

ten high is the worst "whiskey" ive ever had. i dont really drink when im riding. once i get somewhere and im out and about..yes. waiting/riding a train? not very often. i like to be on point. not stumbling on my own feet pissing my pants in my sleeping bag. and sardines suck...haha

Hey, I like Ten High. It's not a bad whisky at all for less than twenty bucks a fifth. I like sardines, too. Sardines and soda crackers. Mmmmm.

Actually, if I didn't have to work, I think I'd just live at Eureka full time, either that or build me a hooch close to a division point up in the northwest. I'm getting really sick of the straight citizen life.

Nothing wrong with setting some priorities, mind you, but being a citizen wears thin pretty quick. I want to go sleep under the stars for a while.

Hey, I like Ten High. It's not a bad whisky at all for less than twenty bucks a fifth. I like sardines, too. Sardines and soda crackers. Mmmmm.

Actually, if I didn't have to work, I think I'd just live at Eureka full time, either that or build me a hooch close to a division point up in the northwest. I'm getting really sick of the straight citizen life.

Nothing wrong with setting some priorities, mind you, but being a citizen wears thin pretty quick. I want to go sleep under the stars for a while.

im sticking with my story. ten high ios the worst ive had. worse tan kentucky deluxe. mccormicks. old crow. shitty canadian whiskeys. i took a sip of that shit and wondered if was drinking paint thinner laced with bear piss. NO BUENO. id go for the 8 dollar kd any day over ten high.

this is rollingnowhere with cheap whiskey chat signing out!

side note: if you had ten high id defnitely drink it. HAH