Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Too bad I missed all of Balthazar's pics. Why not use Photobucket? That way the pics will stay up and not go to those hated little "x"'s.

It's gettin' pretty chilly to be catching out up north. Stretch was in Gila Bend for the Combat Railfans New Year's Eve Party, and has called me a couple of times from Phoenix and Tucson. He's headed back east to Houston on a somewhat leisurely schedule. We got some genuinely cold-ass weather here in Houston over the last week or so, too cold to be comfortable living outdoors. It was way below freezing, down into the teens.

Word, thanks.

Any tips for cold weather riding? Going on my first hop tomorrow night.. 19 degrees and probably around 0 with the wind chill. Just lots of warm clothes, a sleeping bag, and water I guess. And cardboard depending if we're on a grainer or not.. Anything else y'all might recommend?

head south, its warmer down there

dig that riding on top of the car photo

hell yeah. the single stack viking ship ride was awesome.

rode that fucker from whitefish into seattle.

the kids in that photo are 2 youngsters from new hampshire we met up with in havre and let them join the fun time party squad.

they were on their first traveling adventure.

and that girl is too fucking cute.

me and gentleman eatso both made her man angry.

haha!

YESSIR.

anyone know any train routes to get to indiana from tennessee

Where in Tennessee?

I know CSX grainers (empties) going north out of the Wauhatchie (CSX) yard in Chattanooga can wind up in Evansville IN.

Not much help, I know...not from the area, and never rode any distance, so anybody on this thread can probably trump my advice.

I say fuck the ones who don't know, there are already too

many dumb ass Kids riding the rails fucking shit up!

So let them find out the hard way!

people have been saying this since like 1990.

i bet you werent riding then either...

there arent that many people out there on trains...

by the way its 2010..shits already fucked up.

i deal with it and do my thing regardless.

getting ready to ride out of cincy any ideas? thinking of maybe hitting the west coast let know me is it faster to head south or just shot west?

you're lucky because the csx and ns yards in cincy are pretty close to each other if i remember correctly. going south you'll end up in atlanta, louisville, or knoxville most of the time. from there you can get down to Fort Worth and jump on the sunset line that'll take you all the way to colton (near LA). Going straight west would be way quicker but you have to remember that the overland is going to be cold as fuck this time of year and unless you have some pretty kickass gear you don't want to be out there in january. id try to stay south to go west. watch for INS!

i was pulled off going westbound in niland less than a month ago. anywhere on the border you have to watch your ass, but thats just my experience.

yeah it can happen for sure i just got some info from a legit source and he said they are way more concerned with east bounds which make a lot of sense. and in my experience riding back and forth on the sunset ive only had problems going east. but shit does happen when you least expect it.

it sucks taking a nap and the sound that wakes you up is that cop walkie talkie beep sound...

BOO SWEETWATER.