Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just checking in.  Looks like this thread is pretty dead--not much traffic.   I am thinking about heading to Salt Lake City.  Anybody live out there?

Some crazy rando on the side of the tracks playing with his nipple piercings in 35 degree weather. 

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
some junky scumbag left his/her syringes laying around at eureka.

fuckin jerks.

YO D-MAN...... THAT WAS ME...... THERES A TRAIL FROM EUREKA TO MEMORIAL

DOWN TO WILLOW BEND!!! ALL USED SYRINGES....THEY TRAIL STRETCHES OUT TO SUGARLAND

THEN ONTO ROSENBERG....THEN TO EAGLE LAKE......OFFF THROUGH COLOMBUS AND WEIMAR AND

SCHULENBERRG,,,, ONTO FLATONIA....GOES INTO SHINER....THEN ON TO THE NEXT TOWN.....ALL

THE WAY INTO SAN ANTONIO....

HAVE FUN PICKIN THEM UP...

YO SFR IS MAD JUNKIES YO!!!!

New 2007 King of Hobos--King Tuck, of Minneapolis, MN.

Tuck is a long-time rail rider, close friend with Preacher Steve, Dog Man Tony, the late Shot Down Wills and Eight-Ball and the rest of the Boys. In the last few years, genuine rail riding tramps have been elected King.

tuck.jpg

King Tuck and his Queen, Lady Sonshine, of Maine, at their election in Britt.

k&q2.jpg

YO D-MAN...... THAT WAS ME...... THERES A TRAIL FROM EUREKA TO MEMORIAL

DOWN TO WILLOW BEND!!! ALL USED SYRINGES....THEY TRAIL STRETCHES OUT TO SUGARLAND

THEN ONTO ROSENBERG....THEN TO EAGLE LAKE......OFFF THROUGH COLOMBUS AND WEIMAR AND

SCHULENBERRG,,,, ONTO FLATONIA....GOES INTO SHINER....THEN ON TO THE NEXT TOWN.....ALL

THE WAY INTO SAN ANTONIO....

HAVE FUN PICKIN THEM UP...

YO SFR IS MAD JUNKIES YO!!!!

i had no idea you guys were into that shit... i mean i know you guys paint some junky graffiti like its 1978 or something..but i would have never guessed you were actual junkies. very interesting.

we were riding back to austin 3 weeks ago and had to jump off our train in weimar after we got spotted in columbus by a train in the siding. it was fuckin lame. we had been sitting on the train in some middle of nowhere siding for like 12 hours then we rolled like 10 or 15 miles into that stupid little eagle lake yard and sat there for like 12 more hours. this was like the slowest train on earth. just when we were about to get off the train and say fuck it i heard them say they were ready to go and we finally start rolling at a decent pace and we get seen and some fool called it in. lucky i had the scanner on... we were creeping by a train in the siding in weimar im pretty sure they were looking for us but we jumped off and went to chill at a gas station. some weimar cop asked us like 10 times how we got there. i think he knew what was up. i guess he didnt really care oh well...

i need to get g-ma's number so next time she can have some chicken fried steaks waiting. ha!

Nope, I can't recall ever riding through Rochester, N.Y. I rode mostly in the West.

thanks...just wondering...

no offense, but being a trainhopper seems kinda cool until stuff like THIS->[url=http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/8064627.html][/url] happens...im not blamming anyone or anything, its just a rather scary local event that i wouldnt want to be part of....

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/8064627.html

thanks...just wondering...

no offense, but being a trainhopper seems kinda cool until stuff like THIS->[url=http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/8064627.html][/url] happens...im not blamming anyone or anything, its just a rather scary local event that i wouldnt want to be part of....

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/8064627.html

dont hang around scumfuck jerks and you dont have to worry about that shit too much...

It's hard to say what could have possibly happened up on that rooftop in Philadelphia. When you've got a lot of people who are drinking heavily and using drugs, it could have been just about anything--an argument over a girl, a drug deal gone bad, a drug debt unpaid, a betrayal of some sort---who knows? Only the people involved.

This sort of unfortunate incident seems to occasionally occur in a variety of settings, and is certainly not characteristic of trainhoppers in general, but there are some bad apples in every barrel. I've never seen this sort of aggression among any of the people I rode with but twice. Once it was an argument over a girl and which group with whom she was going to leave (her "ol' man" insisted she was going with him and his group, and she preferred to depart with another guy and his group, leading to an ugly brawl) and another time a streamliner tried to steal someone's bindle in camp and the guys present gave him a sort of ineffectual thumping (everybody involved was drunk.) The thumpee wasn't hurt very much.

Most disputes are settled with some loud talk and one or both of the belligerants leaving camp.

If you mind your own business and acknowledge the basic rules of hobo ettiquette, you aren't likely to get in much trouble.

1.) Ask permission to enter someone else's jungle. The jungle is their home, so treat it with respect.

2.) Offer to contribute something to the frisco if you want to share in the food or beverages. Food is best, but other things are usually accepted too. If you have absolutely nothing (hey, it happens) they will probably let you share anyway, but you should help out by shagging firewood, volunteering to go get water, etc. Tobacco is okay for a contribution, and so is alcohol or money. If you give money, don't get any ideas of entitlement. Money usually goes for beer or wine, and when the booze is gone, it's time to pony up again if you want to be part of the frisco. I once saw a guy contribute a roll of toilet paper to the frisco, and it was welcomed.

3.) Don't relieve yourself near camp. Twenty-five yards away is about right to take a piss if you are drinking, and maybe fifty to take a dump. Dig a cat-hole and bury it. If the camp can smell it, you are way too close. Dump dishwater away from camp.

4.) Do not assume that any 5-gallon plastic bucket you see is okay to use as a seat. Sometimes this is true, especially if there are a lot of buckets around, but sometimes buckets belong to individual people. Also, some buckets are used for drinking water only and are never used for anything else. They are usually marked. Pay attention.

5.) If you use a pot, pan or gunboat, YOU are responsible for washing it. Leaving dirty, filthy unwashed pots and pans around the jungle is sure to piss everybody off. Clean gunboats are usually left upside down on a stick driven into the ground near the fire ring. Just because a gunboat is a little rusty doesn't mean that it is ruined. I've cooked in freshly washed rusty gunboats many times. (Always wash a pot before you cook in it.)

6.) BURN ALL TRASH. Good, clean newspapers should be stashed for future use somewhere they will stay dry. If you throw shit on the ground in the jungle, your reputation will suffer and people will get an attitude. Show some respect. "Keep a Clean Camp."

7.) Treat all women with respect. Be polite, but keep your distance from other tramps' girlfriends or wives. The worst fights I've ever seen were caused by someone disrespecting a woman or girl. If you make a pass at another guy's woman, you could wind up getting seriously hurt or even killed. STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S WOMEN. Sometimes a girl actually gets a kick out of having two men fight over her, and may give you the idea she welcomes your advances. USE YOUR BRAIN.

8.) Do not touch someone else's bindle, pack, boots or anything else without permission. Water jugs are not considered "common property", although most tramps share water with their buddies if it is scarce. You should carry a cup of some kind. If you ask for water, pour it into a cup. Drinking straight from someone else's jug is rude, not to mention unsanitary.

9.) Do not ask someone how much money they have, whether they have a scanner or a radio or anything that might be construed as trying to find out about other people's finances. Tramps usually don't have much, but they are very protective of what they do have. They might give you half of their money or food or whatever, but they will fight like a tiger if you try to take something from them by force.

If you have money, DO NOT FLASH IT AROUND. Do not keep all your money in one place. Be as generous as you can be, but remember that most tramps have enormous unmet needs. Whatever you've got--food, money, alcohol, tobacco, whatever---they need it. If you start supporting other people with what you've got, pretty soon they are going to become "entitled" and think that you "owe" them something. After all, you're rich, right? So why can't you just give them what they need?

10.) Do not assume that you can pet every dog you see. Some tramps use their dog as protection and as a gear guard. They will resent anyone trying to make friends with their dogs. ASK PERMISSION before touching anybody's dog, and do not offer dogs food. If the tramp says "No," or "I'd rather you didn't," respect that. It's his dog. He probably has good reasons for not wanting you to touch his dog.

Some idiots think it's fun to tease or roughhouse with someone else's dog. NEVER DO THIS, you're just asking for trouble if you do. You might get bit, or you might piss off the tramp and wind up having to fight.