Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kabar wrote: The coal train slowly passes under a a drop chute and the coal is dropped into the gon with a thunderous roar, filling the entire car in just a few seconds

I am assuming they weren't in the very 1st car so there was a lot of noise leading up this. You have also offered up the solid advice of not being fucked up/stoned/whatever, which is is even more solid advice. I take all of your advice seriously but NOT riding coal cars is one I disagree with.

I have been on many coal cars since then and found a loaded car a comfortable ride, better than even in the back of a pickup truck. I was able to roll a cigarette and have a conversation at normal speaking tones, even in the snow. Any car is dangerous and dirty. You are not going to get off of any train without needing a bath. That's just the way it is.

Be aware of your surroundings, don't catch a moving train if you can in any way avoid it (you can) and wait until you get off the train to get fucked up.

• 4 weeks later...

Most of train riding safety is just exercising common sense. Have you ever heard of "hood surfing?" A few years ago I encountered a guy who had a large tattoo of the Vigin of Guadalupe inked on his back. (He had a bunch of other tats as well.) He and his friends had gotten drunk and somebody thought up the idea of going "hood surfing." So one of his drunk-ass buddies got behind the wheel and Mr. Art Work climbed up on the hood, and off they went, hollering and yelling and throwing beer cans ever which-a-way. Pretty soon, they came to an intersection, and of course, somebody pulled out in front of them. The driver stepped on the brakes, Art Work went off the front, but managed somehow to grab the bumper on his way under the car. The guy driving slammed on the brakes, but it still took a while to stop, and Art Work looked like somebody took a belt sander to his back. At the hospital, they had to do skin grafts to cover the deep-ass abrasions, so he wouldn't die. He was in the hospital for a couple of months. He had pieces of tats here and there and everywhere. The donor sites (where they got the skin) were big square raw spots on his butt and legs. He had leg hair growing on his back.

I asked him, "Were you so drunk you couldn't figure out that if the driver hit the brakes you were going under the car?" He just shrugged. "I donno, man. We were fucked up, you know? And jus' barely havin' a good time."

The guy was an unmitigated jackass, and deserved worse than what he got, for being such a dumbass. He risked his life for NOTHING--because he was STUPID. Lucky for him, society educated a hospital full of doctors and nurses to care for him and was willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to try and repair the damage he did to himself by being a thoughtless, reckless, stupid asshole.

I hate to say that anybody who gets hurt on a train was asking for it, but people who don't follow the rules of trainhopping are basically taking tremendous risks without any reason whatsoever. Can you get hurt or killed if you ARE following the rules? Of course you can. But the likelihood of it happening, or the severity of one's injuries will be a lot less if you at least try to avoid the worst of the risks.

Some years ago on this thread (I think) I advocated that trainhoppers should wear helmets, like motorcycle helmets or climbing helmets. Just doing that would probably reduce the head injuries from derailments or folding up a train by 95%. Nothing is going to protect you from falling under a train except avoiding hitting a rolling train to start with.

LEARN WHERE TO CATCH STANDING TRAINS. Catching on the fly is UNNECESSARY. As well as reckless. Rufe told me a thousand times, "Catching on the fly is for saps. Don't do it."

• 2 weeks later...
woke up getting yelled at by owner of house my friends were squatting. running from cops first thing is a hell of a way to start the day. glad i had my bike.

bout to be train time.

headed west. or north then west. we shall see. wouldnt mind hittin that highline again.

If this happened in Austin I think we might have a mutual friend...for what it's worth I just went through something similar here and am once again among the legions of couchsurfers.

Oh well, cop and blow. If you make to Oakland PM me.

If this happened in Austin I think we might have a mutual friend...for what it's worth I just went through something similar here and am once again among the legions of couchsurfers.

Oh well, cop and blow. If you make to Oakland PM me.

yessir in austin.

i will holler when i am in oakland for sure.

Re: BOXCARRO FOR THE WIN

Boxcarro, without a doubt, you are definately the weirdest motherfucker on this website. The chicken video absolutely takes the prize, no shit. i fully and completely acknowledge your Supreme Weirdness, and concede any claim that I ever had on that title.

I do have a question, however. Is it the drugs? Or is it some form of schizophrenia? Perhaps both? Breathless millions are waiting to hear.

Re: AND SPEAKING OF WEIRDNESS

AND SPEAKING OF WEIRDNESS, try this on for size. 1953 was a banner year, for sure.

1931 Dr. Cornelius Rhoads, under the auspices of the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Investigations, infects human subjects with cancer cells. He later goes on to establish the U.S. Army Biological Warfare facilities in Maryland, Utah, and Panama, and is named to the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission. While there, he begins a series of radiation exposure experiments on American soldiers and civilian hospital patients.

1932 The Tuskegee Syphilis Study begins. 200 black men diagnosed with syphilis are never told of their illness, are denied treatment, and instead are used as human guinea pigs in order to follow the progression and symptoms of the disease. They all subsequently die from syphilis, their families never told that they could have been treated.

1935 The Pellagra Incident. After millions of individuals die from Pellagra over a span of two decades, the U.S. Public Health Service finally acts to stem the disease. The director of the agency admits it had known for at least 20 years that Pellagra is caused by a niacin deficiency but failed to act since most of the deaths occured within poverty-striken black populations.

1940 Four hundred prisoners in Chicago are infected with Malaria in order to study the effects of new and experimental drugs to combat the disease. Nazi doctors later on trial at Nuremberg cite this American study to defend their own actions during the Holocaust.

1942 Chemical Warfare Services begins mustard gas experiments on approximately 4,000 servicemen. The experiments continue until 1945 and made use of Seventh Day Adventists who chose to become human guinea pigs rather than serve on active duty.

1943 In response to Japan’s full-scale germ warfare program, the U.S. begins research on biological weapons at Fort Detrick, MD.

1944 U.S. Navy uses human subjects to test gas masks and clothing. Individuals were locked in a gas chamber and exposed to mustard gas and lewisite.

1945 Project Paperclip is initiated. The U.S. State Department, Army intelligence, and the CIA recruit Nazi scientists and offer them immunity and secret identities in exchange for work on top secret government projects in the United States.

1945 “Program F” is implemented by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC). This is the most extensive U.S. study of the health effects of fluoride, which was the key chemical component in atomic bomb production. One of the most toxic chemicals known to man, fluoride, it is found, causes marked adverse effects to the central nervous system but much of the information is squelched in the name of national security because of fear that lawsuits would undermine full-scale production of atomic bombs.

1946 Patients in VA hospitals are used as guinea pigs for medical experiments. In order to allay suspicions, the order is given to change the word “experiments” to “investigations” or “observations” whenever reporting a medical study performed in one of the nation’s veteran’s hospitals.

1947 Colonel E.E. Kirkpatrick of the U.S. Atomic Energy Comission issues a secret document (Document 07075001, January 8, 1947) stating that the agency will begin administering intravenous doses of radioactive substances to human subjects.

1947 The CIA begins its study of LSD as a potential weapon for use by American intelligence. Human subjects (both civilian and military) are used with and without their knowledge.

1950 Department of Defense begins plans to detonate nuclear weapons in desert areas and monitor downwind residents for medical problems and mortality rates.

1950 I n an experiment to determine how susceptible an American city would be to biological attack, the U.S. Navy sprays a cloud of bacteria from ships over San Franciso. Monitoring devices are situated throughout the city in order to test the extent of infection. Many residents become ill with pneumonia-like symptoms.

1951 Department of Defense begins open air tests using disease-producing bacteria and viruses. Tests last through 1969 and there is concern that people in the surrounding areas have been exposed.

1953 U.S. military releases clouds of zinc cadmium sulfide gas over Winnipeg, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Fort Wayne, the Monocacy River Valley in Maryland, and Leesburg, Virginia. Their intent is to determine how efficiently they could disperse chemical agents.

1953 Joint Army-Navy-CIA experiments are conducted in which tens of thousands of people in New York and San Francisco are exposed to the airborne germs Serratia marcescens and Bacillus glogigii.

1953 CIA initiates Project MKULTRA. This is an eleven year research program designed to produce and test drugs and biological agents that would be used for mind control and behavior modification. Six of the subprojects involved testing the agents on unwitting human beings.

1955 The CIA, in an experiment to test its ability to infect human populations with biological agents, releases a bacteria withdrawn from the Army’s biological warfare arsenal over Tampa Bay, Fl.

1955 Army Chemical Corps continues LSD research, studying its potential use as a chemical incapacitating agent. More than 1,000 Americans participate in the tests, which continue until 1958.

1956 U.S. military releases mosquitoes infected with Yellow Fever over Savannah, Ga and Avon Park, Fl. Following each test, Army agents posing as public health officials test victims for effects.

1958 LSD is tested on 95 volunteers at the Army’s Chemical Warfare Laboratories for its effect on intelligence.

1960 The Army Assistant Chief-of-Staff for Intelligence (ACSI) authorizes field testing of LSD in Europe and the Far East. Testing of the european population is code named Project THIRD CHANCE; testing of the Asian population is code named Project DERBY HAT.

1965 Project CIA and Department of Defense begin Project MKSEARCH, a program to develop a capability to manipulate human behavior through the use of mind-altering drugs.

1965 Prisoners at the Holmesburg State Prison in Philadelphia are subjected to dioxin, the highly toxic chemical component of Agent Orange used in Viet Nam. The men are later studied for development of cancer, which indicates that Agent Orange had been a suspected carcinogen all along.

1966 CIA initiates Project MKOFTEN, a program to test the toxicological effects of certain drugs on humans and animals.

1966 U.S. Army dispenses Bacillus subtilis variant niger throughout the New York City subway system. More than a million civilians are exposed when army scientists drop lightbulbs filled with the bacteria onto ventilation grates.

1967 CIA and Department of Defense implement Project MKNAOMI, successor to MKULTRA and designed to maintain, stockpile and test biological and chemical weapons.

1968 CIA experiments with the possibility of poisoning drinking water by injecting chemicals into the water supply of the FDA in Washington, D.C.

1969 Dr. Robert MacMahan of the Department of Defense requests from congress $10 million to develop, within 5 to 10 years, a synthetic biological agent to which no natural immunity exists.

1970 Funding for the synthetic biological agent is obtained under H.R. 15090. The project, under the supervision of the CIA, is carried out by the Special Operations Division at Fort Detrick, the army’s top secret biological weapons facility. Speculation is raised that molecular biology techniques are used to produce AIDS-like retroviruses.

1970 United States intensifies its development of “ethnic weapons” (Military Review, Nov., 1970), designed to selectively target and eliminate specific ethnic groups who are susceptible due to genetic differences and variations in DNA.

1975 The virus section of Fort Detrick’s Center for Biological Warfare Research is renamed the Fredrick Cancer Research Facilities and placed under the supervision of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) . It is here that a special virus cancer program is initiated by the U.S. Navy, purportedly to develop cancer-causing viruses. It is also here that retrovirologists isolate a virus to which no immunity exists. It is later named HTLV (Human T-cell Leukemia Virus).

1977 Senate hearings on Health and Scientific Research confirm that 239 populated areas had been contaminated with biological agents between 1949 and 1969. Some of the areas included San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Key West, Panama City, Minneapolis, and St. Louis.

1978 Experimental Hepatitis B vaccine trials, conducted by the CDC, begin in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Ads for research subjects specifically ask for promiscuous homosexual men.

1981 First cases of AIDS are confirmed in homosexual men in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco, triggering speculation that AIDS may have been introduced via the Hepatitis B vaccine

1985 According to the journal Science (227:173-177), HTLV and VISNA, a fatal sheep virus, are very similar, indicating a close taxonomic and evolutionary relationship.

1986 According to the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (83:4007-4011), HIV and VISNA are highly similar and share all structural elements, except for a small segment which is nearly identical to HTLV. This leads to speculation that HTLV and VISNA may have been linked to produce a new retrovirus to which no natural immunity exists.

1986 A report to Congress reveals that the U.S. Government’s current generation of biological agents includes: modified viruses, naturally occurring toxins, and agents that are altered through genetic engineering to change immunological character and prevent treatment by all existing vaccines.

1987 Department of Defense admits that, despite a treaty banning research and development of biological agents, it continues to operate research facilities at 127 facilities and universities around the nation.

1990 More than 1500 six-month old black and hispanic babies in Los Angeles are given an “experimental” measles vaccine that had never been licensed for use in the United States. CDC later admits that parents were never informed that the vaccine being injected to their children was experimental.

1994 With a technique called “gene tracking,” Dr. Garth Nicolson at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX discovers that many returning Desert Storm veterans are infected with an altered strain of Mycoplasma incognitus, a microbe commonly used in the production of biological weapons. Incorporated into its molecular structure is 40 percent of the HIV protein coat, indicating that it had been man-made.

1994 Senator John D. Rockefeller issues a report revealing that for at least 50 years the Department of Defense has used hundreds of thousands of military personnel in human experiments and for intentional exposure to dangerous substances. Materials included mustard and nerve gas, ionizing radiation, psychochemicals, hallucinogens, and drugs used during the Gulf War .

1995 U.S. Government admits that it had offered Japanese war criminals and scientists who had performed human medical experiments salaries and immunity from prosecution in exchange for data on biological warfare research.

1995 Dr. Garth Nicolson, uncovers evidence that the biological agents used during the Gulf War had been manufactured in Houston, TX and Boca Raton, Fl and tested on prisoners in the Texas Department of Corrections.

1996 Department of Defense admits that Desert Storm soldiers were exposed to chemical agents.

1997 Eighty-eight members of Congress sign a letter demanding an investigation into bioweapons use & Gulf War Syndrome.

I met Dr. Garth Nicholson and his wife (also an MD) once here in Houston. Their daughter was an Army officer and a Gulf War veteran, and she came home from Iraq with Gulf #War Syndrome and her kids caught it from her. The Drs. Nicholson were research doctors and worked for M.D. Anderson Cancer Hospital in Houston, in the Texas Medical Center. They decided to research GWS. They did, and they found out it could be cured with large doses of a common antibiotic called doxycycline. They sucessfully treated their daughter and her children, but when they went public, the U.S. Government sent word to them to "Shut Up. about Gulf War Syndrome" Instead, they went on a Houston radio station and told the truth, but they were worried enough about being arrested by the Federal government that they asked the Texcas Constitutional Militia to provide security for them, which it did.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Railroads are hiring conducters! CSX and NS!

If you can stand working in the worst weather imaginable this is the job for you. Starting Pay is 27.00 an hour plus union benifits. Being a hobo might be a plus as you would already be familar with the railroad enviroment. Both railroads have a long pain in the ass application procces and will require you to go to training for 4-6 weeks and may require a up front fee for schooling. I know for a fact they are hiring because I just met some greenhorns at the local pub in New Castle for CSX and talked to a new NS female conducter at the local motel where I get my coffee. If you are a female apply for NS first.

http://www.csx.com/index.cfm/working-at-csx/hiring-process/

http://www.nscorp.com/nscportal/nscorp/Job_Seekers/Hourly%20Positions/;jsessionid=njFBKXCJSrgYCfnygBjmxJFXRGQx3LHtGDsK2pKclGTS689LmXgW!-84051349

Saw first 48 well car in about 6 months. As of late I have been riding 53s...How you might ask?

53s are 3-5 car long artuculated sets coupled by perm couples. At each end of the set is the brake rigging and a mini well about 2 feet wide and a porch. The metal flaps on tthe sides can keep you from being spotted.I also have been riding first generation SP Econostacks which have a flat covered riding area between the braces. There is no reason to ride suicide if you know what you are lookinng for.

Hey Boxcarro, Is it only a matter of time before drones are used by railroad police in major yards?

I don't think your being crazy does not make you wrong. Its time to take out these drones with a good Winchester shotgun. 2012 tech meet your 1890s nemises!!

I have had it with Boxcars,Everyone I ride is a Shaker,could not sleep a lick on the New York Central Mainline. Slow trains on branch lines not a problem,Grainers-Sleep like a baby. Saw another 48 well going the wrong way..economy must be picking up to bring the old gals outa storage

Towns Tramped out to the point of starving homeless people-

http://www.infowars.com/feeding-the-homeless-banned-in-major-cities-all-over-america-2/

I tell you its these Occupy fcks who did this to us. Kids have a home but camp out in parks in protest of God knows what ,,,then these town bans sleeping outside. The poor will always be among us. Matter of fact I rather be poor then tied down in a big house with a bitch of a wife who really does not love me and does not cook. I cook with my ol lady...combo of dumpster dive,her food stamps and my meager pay from slave ready..Aint it romantic?

^LOL. St. Louis has had that on the books for years. Didn't stop the vans from coming around though. Sacaramento sued Loaves and Fishes for feeding too many people. This was back in the late 90's so this is nothing new.

All this says to me is be self sufficient. The mentally ill, those that for whatever reasons truly can't take care of themselves, etc. already have a vague idea of where to go for a decent meal. The folks that really want to take care of these people will drive around and find them, permits or not. But mostly I don't give a fuck about the Occupy movement.

My fave Dumpster as of late has been Panera Bread.So much food gets tossed away to point of if they give it away they save money on Dumpster Fees. The Occupy kids are not U & Me. I have talked to them and they come from well to do homes and have a snotty attitude to the regular homebums. A lot has changed from when you could go to Kent State for a couple hundred dollers a semster and protest the war in your spare time. Now these college kids are the product of the 1% cause only the 1% can afford to go to even a shitty state college. Occupy is one part of the 1% protesting against another part of the 1%.

Occupy only used us as far as we were usefull.

If Bloomburg wont let the Christion Sinners atone for there sins by doing good deads like feeding the homeless, how will they avoid hell?

Since Bloomburg is Jewish you almost have to expect him to openly revolt against Jesus and the Beatiitudes. In Chrisionity being poor is a blessing. In Jewdaism being poor is a sin of the worst degree deserving of contempt. Your name could be Madoff and you rape underage hookers in your spare time. But hey as long as you have a expensive lawyer who can get you in the best country club federal prisons where you can keep a kosher jail cell and hang out with other hoods in your social class your doing all right then. Somethings wrong if all Madoff could get was a public defender and ended up doing state time with young punks in Elmira or Attica. Madoff gets to watch cable tv with Kowalkski and Pollock....guys he would hang out at the country club anyway.

http://cnebusiness.geomapguide.ca/?s_icid=-feature-rght-stations-terminals-map

&

Bing Maps--Use the Birds Eye for airplane views more clear then the Google Earth

I have been using Google Earth and Bing maps to hunt down railroad yards. My prob is that a lot of the Sattlite maps are outa date...I go to a yard and then find its a shopping mall....Its boots season watch out for the quicksand!