Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THIS THE LATEST TRAIN HOP VIDEO LADY's VIDEO STUFF ON TRAIN HOPPING, I'M SURE THIS WILL GET SOME PEOPLE'S PANTIES IN AN UPROAR GO HERE TO SEE AND LISTEN http://hallelujah-bound.blogspot.com/ What do you think? At least she gives credit on this one!

personally i dont give a shit if someone mails out copies of the cc to everyone walking the earth. ill still be riding trains doin my thing just the same because info in the cc usually isnt all that great in the first place. tells me where a yard ive never been to is maybe at best. we find our own spots to catch trains when we get there. blah blah blah...

that lady is a fucking idjit.

you are a fucking nuisance as well.

dear jeremyctrain...

do you ride trains?

have you ever seen a train?

whats your deal?

mentally ill?

just an annoying fool?

every post you make is pretty retarded and i really dont get what youre trying to do other than a weak attempt at making people mad via the internet. maybe?

are you bored?

just plain stupid?

feel free to answer these questions or dont.... WE DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT CREWCHANGE WHORE ANYMORE... get over it pal.

its annoying.

like getting habanero hot sauce on your dick.

that shit burned like a motherfucker...

HAH

RHMF

word Kabar representing us motherfuckers. bout time i figured out i wasn't the only homeless writer o.O

and yes i am full blown legit homeless, i sleep under a fucking a handicap ramp for a church and i do a damn good job looking like im not broke. or i try at least. its kinda hard to keep the shit off your shoulders being a social dude and people being like oh your the fucking homeless kid wtf and at least it helps when your like hey wtf do i look it and the respond no.

Just returned to Houston from Armory Railroad Festival, and it was a lot of fun. We had thirty-two tramps sign in, but there wasn't usually 32 people in the jungle, too much to do and go see. The Amory Railroad Museum alone is worth the trip.

Stretch and Burl came in with Larry from Arizona, Big Chuck and Aileen. Hobo Spike drove in and brought Grandpa Dudley, who is eighty-two this year. Mad Mary didn't come, she isn't feeling too great. Redbird Express was there, Ohio Tom and a bunch of people I don't know too well.

While we were setting up the camp next to the steam locomotive in the park, a more-or-less local guy, Cody, showed up. The guy had bummed a ride down from Fulton, MS because he had a dental appointment in Amory on Tuesday, but he only had a grand total of eight dollars to last him a week. He did have a jacket. The first night he slept on a bench by the fire, but the next morning we were able to scrounge up a blanket bindle, some foam for him to sleep on and a water jug and he ate in the jungle with us. Every night when the concession stands shut down they gave us a lot of leftover hot dogs, hamburgers, barbequed chicken and french fries. There were about eight churches who were running big concession stands selling barbeque, burgers, smoked sausage, chicken--you name it. Plenty of first-rate chow. The only bad thing is that Amory is a dry city in a dry county. No alcohol is sold anywhere. The closest place to buy beer is Tupelo, about thirty miles west.

Friday some filmmakers showed up from New York and were hanging around the jungle getting interviews from tramps. The Festival was in full swing all around us, with 70,000 tourists in town, live bands alternating playing classic rock, country & western and soul music. That night, shortly after the filmmakers left the jungle, some wealthy local debutante types showed up in the jungle with a group of their old friends from high school. I think they had just come from some charity fundraiser party, because they were already pretty wasted when they arrived, but they brought a box full of liquor and some cases of beer andwere making trips back and forth from the jungle to their cars to refresh their drinks.

This was kind of an eye-opener for us. We were trying to be real careful to avoid getting rousted by the cops, so anybody that had a beer was pouring it into a coffee cup so as not to just be blatantly flaunting the law. These folks were the real-deal, young Southern aristocracy--the girls were dressed to the nines in backless, black cocktail dresses and a king's ransome in jewelry and the men were dressed in casual, genteel country-club attire: polo shirts, shorts and running shoes. They all had these "Old Miss" Southern accents and were driving about a quarter million dollars worth of Lexuses, BMWs, Jaguars, etc. As soon as all these wealthy folks arrived, the cops disappeared and the party was on. They supplied us with plenty of beer and were very gracious about it. I got a crash course in the local social and political scene.

A couple of these Old Miss folks had local connections, so we got our boy Cody hooked up with a job picking up trash in the park on Saturday. They were very gracious about helping him out. Saturday afternoon he got paid $80, which was a big surprise to him. He was happy. I don't think the guy had ever made $10 an hour in his life. They gave him a Amory Railroad Festival t-shirt too.

One local lady, Shelley, and her two kids pitched a tent with us Saturday night because the kids wanted to "spend the night in the hobo jungle", so we had a good time talking and answering the kids' questions about riding trains and hoboing. When the concessions closed down, the church folks brought us anouther feast of leftover hot dogs, hamburgers, barbecue, etc.

(As a side note--is there some connection between born-again Christianity and drop-dead gorgeous good looks? The high-school girls working at those food concession tents were absolutely beautiful--very conservatively dressed, of course, but gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen so many blue-eyed, blonde girls with beautiful smiles and squeaky-clean hair in my life. If the sign out front included the words "Apostolic", "Fundamental" "Bible Baptist" "Evangelical" or such-like you could be sure that the girls working there would just be absolutely stunning. It's enough to give one pause for thought, LOL. If I got to spend eternity with angels like that, church might be worth it.)

Sunday morning Miss Charlotte fed all the jungle residents breakfast at the Amory Cafe. (No, we didn't go to church, LOL.) and then we rolled up camp and started heading out. The Festival was actually still going on, but nearly everybody had a long way to go.

Big Chuck and Aileen dropped Stretch, Burl, Larry from Arizona and me off at the KCS tracks in Tupelo, where we camped in the jungle at the catch out. Stretch and Larry were catching out to Chicago through Fulton, TN and I caught a Greyhound back to Houston that was jam-packed with gargoyles like the bar scene in Star Wars.

I've been telling you guys for years about the Amory Railroad Festival, but this was my first trip. It was a lot of fun, I think I'll go back, but not by Greyhound. That bus trip is a killer.

Next up---Rosenberg Railroad Museum's Hobo Days.

RN--New Orleans ain't going anywhere, dude, and Rosenberg is just once a year. There's a signal in the east throat of the Rosenberg Yard--you might not even have to bail at speed, probably just a step-off.

With Rosenberg so close to Amory time-wise, we're not seeing many riders.

ROSENBERG RAILROAD MUSEUM

HOBO DAYS

Saturday/ Sunday, April 24-25, 2010

I'm camping out Friday night too, if I can. There shouldn't be any hassle. Last year it was cool.

RN--New Orleans ain't going anywhere, dude, and Rosenberg is just once a year. There's a signal in the east throat of the Rosenberg Yard--you might not even have to bail at speed, probably just a step-off.

With Rosenberg so close to Amory time-wise, we're not seeing many riders.

ROSENBERG RAILROAD MUSEUM

HOBO DAYS

Saturday/ Sunday, April 24-25, 2010

I'm camping out Friday night too, if I can. There shouldn't be any hassle. Last year it was cool.

i dont know every time ive been through there (except once the train stopped) its been pretty fast. haha...ive already made that mistake once and dont plan on doing it again. i like my legs and feets where they are.

the ride to nola bailed so i might try and come out there.

maybe maybe, who knows?

i might ride my bike down there its only like 30 miles or so. bring my sleeping bag and some random little bullshit and camp out. maybe maybe...

Just got home from Rosenberg. We were expecting a big rainstorm on Friday night, but it was just a cold front going over. Saturday a.m. there were a few puddles on the street but that's it. Other than that the weather was outstanding---clear blue sky, hardly a cloud anywhere. I pitched a tarp on the east side of the property and set up a campfire with a refrigerator grill. The head chuckwagon cook for the George Ranch, Nick, came in and cooked up a big pot of mulligan stew. The historical re-enactor group (they used to specialize in Civil War re-enacting) came in and set up a 1930's-Depression-era camp complete with shipping-crate hooches, canvas "fly" tents, Salvation Army ladies, a 1930's railroad bull carrying his grandfather's Smith & Wesson .44-40 and badge (his grandfather was a Union Pacific railroad bull) and a bunch of "hoboes" in overalls and fedoras. The best part about the re-enactors was the music. They all play a bunch of musical instruments--guitar, mandolin, violin, etc.

Most of the rest of this gathering is oriented to little kids. They have a lot of low-cost carnival type things for the kids to do. We answered questions all day and partied at night.

It was fun, but it would have been a lot better if more train riders had shown up.

Just got home from Rosenberg. We were expecting a big rainstorm on Friday night, but it was just a cold front going over. Saturday a.m. there were a few puddles on the street but that's it. Other than that the weather was outstanding---clear blue sky, hardly a cloud anywhere. I pitched a tarp on the east side of the property and set up a campfire with a refrigerator grill. The head chuckwagon cook for the George Ranch, Nick, came in and cooked up a big pot of mulligan stew. The historical re-enactor group (they used to specialize in Civil War re-enacting) came in and set up a 1930's-Depression-era camp complete with shipping-crate hooches, canvas "fly" tents, Salvation Army ladies, a 1930's railroad bull carrying his grandfather's Smith & Wesson .44-40 and badge (his grandfather was a Union Pacific railroad bull) and a bunch of "hoboes" in overalls and fedoras. The best part about the re-enactors was the music. They all play a bunch of musical instruments--guitar, mandolin, violin, etc.

Most of the rest of this gathering is oriented to little kids. They have a lot of low-cost carnival type things for the kids to do. We answered questions all day and partied at night.

It was fun, but it would have been a lot better if more train riders had shown up.

shit it was just today?

WOOPS.

From the current reigning Queen of Tramps, Stray Cat:

Hey, so sorta unrelated to trains.... and i don't know everyone on this list... but whatever...

anyhow.... a shoutout from North of 60, where trains don't go in Canada...

ummmm.... I've found myself in Whitehorse, living at and coordinating events at the only all-ages venue in town... trying to start a zine library... and get more than dance parties and punk/metal shows (featuring all the same bands) happening...

I was thinking about ways to contribute and making his space better... and one of the things that influenced me a bunch in my teen-aged years (and after) was reading zines purchased sometime during drunken treks into Halifax for punk shows... which were probably one of the major politicizing factors in my life... the point being that I don't feel like the kids here get much exposure to anything not going on in Whitehorse, and zines still expose me to tons of new ideas... so this is a request to all of you out there in train land to send your favourite zines about anything you like to Whitehorse... and that way the kids in this town get to think about some other stuff and hopefully learn some new shit... The zines will be placed in the space for people to look at and borrow as they please... even zines you think suck would be appercieated, it's better than what we have now....

That said there are actions starting to happen against police brutality which has become a major issue in this town... and some of the working groups in town are particularly interested in any zines/flyers/information from anyplace on how to deal with the police, and what can be done about them, and what other folks are doing about the po-po...

So if you feel like you have anything to contribute or suggestions about where I should seek out literature please do write or send shit to...

julie

c/o the golden apple discordian centre

411 Alexander Street

Whitehorse, YT

Y1A 2L8 Canada

I have a bunch of American postage stamps I'd be happy to give to folks wishing to send stuff up here. I am adding my personal collection to this space, and will be on briefly on Americas West Coast (then SLC and Wyoming) around the end of May... so if anyone has suggestions or Fuck yous about places I should seek out zines for the library - I'm into that too!

Sorry to bug you all with this thing, but the intention is to go beyond what me and personal friends think is cool. And if anyones heading to or from Alaska you are more than welcome to stop in and check out the discordian centre... I'll even let you get drunk and pass out on the floor...

Be Well

julie

From the current reigning Queen of Tramps, Stray Cat:

Hey, so sorta unrelated to trains.... and i don't know everyone on this list... but whatever...

anyhow.... a shoutout from North of 60, where trains don't go in Canada...

ummmm.... I've found myself in Whitehorse, living at and coordinating events at the only all-ages venue in town... trying to start a zine library... and get more than dance parties and punk/metal shows (featuring all the same bands) happening...

I was thinking about ways to contribute and making his space better... and one of the things that influenced me a bunch in my teen-aged years (and after) was reading zines purchased sometime during drunken treks into Halifax for punk shows... which were probably one of the major politicizing factors in my life... the point being that I don't feel like the kids here get much exposure to anything not going on in Whitehorse, and zines still expose me to tons of new ideas... so this is a request to all of you out there in train land to send your favourite zines about anything you like to Whitehorse... and that way the kids in this town get to think about some other stuff and hopefully learn some new shit... The zines will be placed in the space for people to look at and borrow as they please... even zines you think suck would be appercieated, it's better than what we have now....

That said there are actions starting to happen against police brutality which has become a major issue in this town... and some of the working groups in town are particularly interested in any zines/flyers/information from anyplace on how to deal with the police, and what can be done about them, and what other folks are doing about the po-po...

So if you feel like you have anything to contribute or suggestions about where I should seek out literature please do write or send shit to...

julie

c/o the golden apple discordian centre

411 Alexander Street

Whitehorse, YT

Y1A 2L8 Canada

I have a bunch of American postage stamps I'd be happy to give to folks wishing to send stuff up here. I am adding my personal collection to this space, and will be on briefly on Americas West Coast (then SLC and Wyoming) around the end of May... so if anyone has suggestions or Fuck yous about places I should seek out zines for the library - I'm into that too!

Sorry to bug you all with this thing, but the intention is to go beyond what me and personal friends think is cool. And if anyones heading to or from Alaska you are more than welcome to stop in and check out the discordian centre... I'll even let you get drunk and pass out on the floor...

Be Well

julie

If you find yourself in Portland Oregon, there are several great resour4ces for zines and underground publishing. The Portland Anarchist bookfair will be going on this summer, I had a booth there last year and theres a ton of diy literature. Also, Microcosm Publishing has an actual storefront in portland and put out some really good stuff. Check out AK Press, they have one of the most comprehensive collection of zines I've ever seen. They have a store in oakland and a website online.

good luck.

i want to go ride trains so bad.

but i dont want to at the same time.

its fucking with my head.

and making me insane.

ill go ride my bike 10000 miles at night and see some trains rolling and think..ahhh... i know where thats going! i could be going there too!

FUCK.

i want to chill and stay somewhere for awhile and get my shit together at least SOMEWHAT. this shits making me crazy fuuuuck.

what to do what to do...