Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

it was just something i heard.that they are alot less friendly when it comes to tresspassers.heard if from a family member who works at a local yard.most of the rail workers i have came across are usually pretty cool guys,i stay out of their way most of the time tho.now those rail cops...fuck those guys.

im not saying they dont exist because they do but ive never met a mean bull.

and ive met more than a couple.

theyre doing their job. that job is busting my ass for breaking the rules. im pretty ok with that.

it sucks but its all part of the game. yeeah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
also sometimes when you get caught

they give you pizza pizza and corndogs!

TRUE STORY!

oh, but you're in jail.

I forgot about that part.

they let you watch joe dirt too.

but you gotta listen to tony montana of sweetwater talk about his 175000 bucks the cops took from his wife ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

i know that idiots life better than he does.

and yeah that juice man saved the day.

it has a way of doing that...

sat around indio/coachella 3 days waiting and just as i roll out my bag to go to sleep before the sun came up that shit creeped up and stopped long enough for me to haul ass and pop in a miniwell. made it all the way to uvalde and got the boot.

oh wellssss...

OR me and mr. eatso waiting 3 days in el paso and sneaking into the yard to get on it and as we are walking up talking about barely missing trains that shit airs up and is moving too fast to get on. if we had been 10 seconds faster we would have been on it.

i actually have a bunch of little anecdotes that involve that train.

damn it i need to be on a train.

shitfuck.

the dirt loudness boredom long waits rain snow hellish heat jail cops people talking shit because you smell bad dogs trying to bite you homebums trying to rape you whatever... once you get on a train going somewhere all that shit doesnt even matter at all.

this is exactly how i would imagine it.

it has a way of doing that...

sat around indio/coachella 3 days waiting and just as i roll out my bag to go to sleep before the sun came up that shit creeped up and stopped long enough for me to haul ass and pop in a miniwell. made it all the way to uvalde and got the boot.

oh wellssss...

OR me and mr. eatso waiting 3 days in el paso and sneaking into the yard to get on it and as we are walking up talking about barely missing trains that shit airs up and is moving too fast to get on. if we had been 10 seconds faster we would have been on it.

i actually have a bunch of little anecdotes that involve that train.

damn it i need to be on a train.

shitfuck.

u still around here blood?

For those of you who frequent the National Hobo Convention at Britt, I got a call from Ladybug this morning telling me that Charmin' Harmon has caught the westbound. Harmon was mentally challenged, and Minneapolis Jewell and Tuck cared for him for many years in their home. Harmon was 58 years old, I think. He never had much to say, but he loved going to Britt and he loved being with the tramps and sitting quietly listening to people tell road stories and campfire tales, although he never rode the rails himself. Harmon was well-known by all the Boxcar Boys and had many friends in the FTRA. They would come by Jewell's place to see him on their way through Minneapolis.

He will be buried in South Dakota, where he has family. In August, at the NHC Memorial Service, Harmon will be remembered and his life celebrated.

so much rambling, some of that graffiti was very boring and unnappealing.

i think maybe at one stage i want to ride american freight trains and get sweaty and dirty and write on things. im not sure.

rolling nowhere seems like a fun guy to travel with. i think a few days in jail for riding a train is fair as fair can be.

ROSENBERG (TEXAS) RAILROAD MUSEUM

HOBO DAYS

APRIL 23-25, 2010

http://www.rosenbergrrmuseum.org/

Plenty of room for camping, about two city blocks for parking cars. Last year there were amateur musicians, a Depression-era Hooverville reenactment in 1930's period costume by a Living History civil war reenactment group on the west side of the property, barbeque trailers, they collected non-perishable food and canned goods for the homeless and we built a "jungle" with a campfire on the east side of the museum.

This year the chuck wagon cook from the George Ranch is coming down to cook a big mulligan stew. Jana Smith, the director of the museum, tells me that she can give vouchers for any tramps who show up to roll out for the weekend. The museum is private property, so alcohol consumption is permitted as long as you use some common sense. If you get shitfaced and make an ass out of yourself you might get bounced. There will be citizens and kids all over the place, so exercise some discretion. (Nothing illegal is permitted---absolutely no drugs, no fireworks, no firearms or weapons of any kind, and no flying a sign at the museum.) Please use the trash cans and keep a clean camp. Every can or piece of trash that gets dropped has to be picked up by somebody.

Last year was a lot of fun.

IF YOU ARE IN THE HOUSTON AREA, YOU SHOULD COME.

I learned yesterday that my good friend Joey, aka Yme, was killed in a train related accident. In spite of his age, many of you may know him, he was a fixture on the circuit for many years and had been riding freight since he was in middle school. Joey loved the high line and loved Montana, even home bumming it in Grand Rapids for a while. I talked to him a month ago and he seemed happy, I hope he died that way.

He was only 20 years old, but rode harder and with more heart than anyone i've ever met. He was a coast to coast cat, and lived a hard knock life. pour a forty for a brother today. rip my friend, ride in peace.

I can't stress this enough, I've seen enough friends die because of being drunk and riding freight, watch your ass out there, please.

4224751848_f1c279abf8_b.jpg

• Like 1