Hobos, Tramps and Homeless Bums

KaBar

minot is officially the shittiest place on earth. fuck this joint.

wishing for some big rock candy mountain shit about now.

and sardines are the jam! rock some mustard sauce and i can go all day. i spend half my food stamps on sardines or kippers every month!

we only stayed the night in minot. i dont think they liked us too much at the bar. we made a burrow in a bush and got some 48s in the morning.

yessir.

hiliine hijinks.

sardines are pocket sized. id probably never pay for em if i ate them.

then again i dont pay for many things i eat.

even when i have food stamps im still on the rack attack with expensive food items. why not?

speaking of..i need to hustle and get some stampage.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

true. i went and sat in moist grass and mud getting assaulted by ants for about 26 hours.

didnt go nowhere.

except to exxon to buy an arizona green tea and a grapeade for homeboy.

kid missed the colton train. it even stopped. just for him. with an open boxcar.

wonk wonk wonk...

i wonder if hes still sitting out there...

i think i got the poison ivy.

GOD DAMN IT.

probably. i've heard about people having those, what do you call it? real lives. anyway, i've wanted to hit britt for a couple of years now and am finally in a position where it might happen.i hear conflicting reports on whether it is worth it ala sturgis etc . by that i guess i mean with everyone and their cousin showing up, it being ruined for those that are there for the original reasons. anything that has been hyped. cops? locals? any first hand reports?

probably. i've heard about people having those, what do you call it? real lives. anyway, i've wanted to hit britt for a couple of years now and am finally in a position where it might happen.i hear conflicting reports on whether it is worth it ala sturgis etc . by that i guess i mean with everyone and their cousin showing up, it being ruined for those that are there for the original reasons. anything that has been hyped. cops? locals? any first hand reports?

i was thinkin about going to britt years ago when i met kabar. it seemd like a cool idea then. now im completely uninterested in any kind of hobo gathering/festival/shindig/hodown/blahbityblahblah. i really dont like most train riders i have met. ive definitely run into some cool people but for the most part definitely not.

blahblahblah.

i'd just heard that it got all 'touristy" but i'd also heard it was worth the trip. i've found, in my travels, that if you want to get anywhere, you have to break what i call the bum circle. whether it be flying a sign, racking, getting a job, however you choose to make your funds, you have to go out further than they are willing to travel. i.e. away from the shelters, soup kitchens etc. because the bums have burnt them out and was just wondering if britt was the same.

i'd just heard that it got all 'touristy" but i'd also heard it was worth the trip. i've found, in my travels, that if you want to get anywhere, you have to break what i call the bum circle. whether it be flying a sign, racking, getting a job, however you choose to make your funds, you have to go out further than they are willing to travel. i.e. away from the shelters, soup kitchens etc. because the bums have burnt them out and was just wondering if britt was the same.

the bum circle! haha. man i love that.

bums are fuckin lazy. i remember when some dude hit us up for a dollar or whatever to buy a burger and i was like..yo i dont even have a dollar to buy myself a burger BUT if you walk over to blahblahblah you can get a bunch of pizza from the dumpster. he got all like..FUCK THAT IM NOT WALKIN OVER THERE and walked away. imagine that having to walk a little to get some free food. i went to that dumpster pretty muvh immediately after that and got mad pizzas and they were dee-lish.

fuckin bums...

im sure britt is touristy as fuck. the main reason i wouldnt go to that one. im not a fuckin sideshow exhibit. i just ride trains from time to time. big whoop!

New rules now for britt thanks to a bunch of other riders and thanks to a new mayor and cheif of police these new rules affect me as well,,,,,,no more siners camp,,no more drinking,,no dogs,,random warrent checks on everyone,,dope snifing dogs and no more camping in our boxcar. Might as well be for RV folks only and i was soposed to run the kitchen this year but the no dogs thing pisses me off. Burlington dog is 12 now and has been going all his life till now. If he ain't welcome then i aint and they can take that and shove it. I'll always have my cooler of beer too.. HAHA

me and stupid dog are gonna be in chicago in a few days, its been awhile since i been through there, i've heard that the bensonville spot is no longer a good spot to catch from (heading west), does anyone know if this is true or not, you can send me an private message so it doesn't have to be posted for everyone to see...

oops... and stupid

• Like 4

thanks for the info. i guess i'll make alternate vacation plans. any where my dog isn't welcome, then neither am i. give burl a friendly head pat for me. really, that no dog issue pisses me off.

i don't have a problem helping out a needy drunk if i got it but standard reply to the spangers is that i'm just trying to get a quarter myself. especially if i look like i've been outdoors and broke. i've tried fling a sign a couple of times but found it completely humiliating and gave up after a few cars. like 3 traffic lights. i just have too much self respect and other hustles to mess with it.

these days i'm on the homefront but love living vicariously through this thread. peace.

Hey, my last post was on 6-01-10, but I still drop by to check out 12 Oz. from time-to-time.

Stretch was up there at Britt last August when all the stupid shit went down with a bunch of road kids. There was a bunch of fighting, people letting their dogs shit all over the place, people stealing shit, smoking dope in the boxcar and so on. They fucked it up for everybody by their stupid, idiotic, antisocial behavior.

As Stretch said, he took Burl to Britt for twelve years without any problem. The Sinner's Camp people drank alcoholic beverages and smoked dope on the sly for years, without any problem, but all it took was a bunch of immature idiots to wreck it. Their whole attitude was "Fuck you, we're going to do whatever we want and you can't do shit about it." WRONG. They can do something about it, and they did do something about it.

I may go up there in August just to see how bad it is. If it's really fucked up, I'll just leave.

It's going to sound wierd, but the reason things got so out of hand is that the government prevents natural justice from being enforced. The first time those punks talked shit to the crumb boss, the jungle should have armed themselves and gone over there and whipped some ass. But they didn't do that, because they didn't want to go to jail. They just chose to "let the cops handle it." Well, the cops handled it, all right. And look what happened.