Graffiti in JAPAN...Reccomendations?

Gunm

This winter I'll be heading to Japan (Tokyo) and Hong Kong for three weeks. I wanted to know if anyone could reccomend....

-streets or districts to flick tags and graffiti.

-stores or shops that sell the ill, "never a chance of seeing it here stateside" markers, inks, etc...

And could anyone tell me what the graffiti laws are like over there?

Muchas gracias amigos:mexican:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

for tokyo:

go to east shinjuku, or roppongi, or anywhere else tourists congregate. Most of the graf is by tourists, there's not much of a local scene. I haven't seen anything running on the trains so far.

The police don't speak any english and have draconian powers in being able to lock mans up for no reason, so don't get caught.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd recomend getting a JR (japan rail) pass, i'm pretty sure travel agencies are the only people that can hook you up with those, i forgot how much they cost but you get unlimited rides on JR lines, including a bunch of lines in tokyo, i think any and all shinkansen (bullet trains), in smaller cities like hiroshima the trams, and some ferries are operated by JR, so get one cause they come in handy.

besides whats been mentioned, near Ueno station in Tokyo, theres a bunch of shops with shutter fronts under the tracks, and a few have nice legal pieces on the fronts of them, so check that place out after everyone's closed up shop. i also saw some nice stuff on the walls along the east side of the Sumida river.

theres stuff everywhere, just gotta keep your eyes peeled. but i'm sure you know all about that. have a good trip.

Originally posted by OHASHI@Oct 10 2004, 09:36 PM

try hittin up TOP NATION JAPAN in shibuya, its near tower records. they got tips, otrs and such

Are you fucking serious?? Damn I haven't been to Shibuya in a long ass time. Bout time to go there again I guess.

Oh and mode7 go back to BombingScience.

SHIBUYA

ROPPONGI

HARAJUKU

and dont get caught...the last night i was there i was walking home drunk from a strip club and hit a tag and some cop came up and pointed at my tag..i was fucking scared shitless but a lot of appologizing can go a long way...he ended up letting me go and not even taking my streaker

a good store with markers and shit is TOKYU HANDS, theres on in shibuya, its got everything from snowboards to handbags to pilot jumbos

fuck tagging in japan anywyas....go hit up the clubs, all the sick stores, the local women