The Klan is marching in my town soon - how shall I fuck with them?

GnomeToys

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Porque

The problem that the Klan considers the biggest is how difficult it is to get their message out. Think about it--they usually march with less than 50 people, and that is sometimes including women and younger teenagers. That's because their organizations are so lame ass that they cannot attract the sort of disaffected, angry white youth that they need. This is why they branched out, about twenty years ago, into "skinhead" organizations and the sort of racist rock and roll groups that appeal to pissed-off white psychopaths. The worst possible outcome for an organization like the Klan is to appear to be superfluous. They love to be hated---it appeals to the kind of people they are trying to recruit.

DID YOU KNOW that the Klan makes COMMON CAUSE with black separatist organizations like the Nation of Islam? This is because their real focus is NOT on black people or other minority races, but Jews. The NOI guys also hate Jews, so they have secret, hidden agreements. The Klan and the NOI have a great deal in common in terms of their ideas about racial "purity," their forms of organization, their eventual goals for their respective races (in both cases, they seek a "racial homeland" free of other races,) and their mutual hatred of "race traitors" (whites who marry blacks, blacks who marry whites.) They also both have a sort of nostalgia for mythical pasts in which their respective races were noble, pure and respected. (Of course, this mythical past is bullshit, but you'll never be able to convince them of that.)

There have been three permutations of the KKK. The first was in the 1860's, led by Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest Gump. (No, wait--no Gump.) The second was after the 1890's and lasted through WWI to 1924. They were very powerful politically, and actually controlled several states' governments, especially Indiana, where they elected a Klan governor. At that time, they had millions of members and sympathizers. The most recent period started in the 1950's and is still is progress.

The Klan is much, much smaller today than it was at it's peak in the mid-1960's. At that time, they were estimated to have over 60,000 dues-paying members, split amoung three or four different KKK organizations. This was the period during which I fought them at anti-war demonstrations as a young anarchist, and during which they bombed KPFT Pacifica Radio off the air twice here in Houston, bombed the restaurant where I worked twice, and blew up a radically owned leather shop two blocks from my house in the Montrose neighborhood. There was also a series of kidnappings and beatings of "hippies," in our neighborhood, including a girl I knew who was slapped around and sexually molested, but not raped.

They are not exactly geniuses, and their philosophy of racism is ridiculous, but don't underestimate their propensity for violence. They shot the shit out of the Revolutionary Communist Party in Greenville, N.C. and got away with it. Several Communists were killed, and a bunch got wounded. There may be only twenty or thirty of them in robes, but you can be sure they have armed back-up somewhere close by. Several times we got into fist fights with ten or twenty Klansman and wound up fighting twice that many, half of them armed with baseball bats or axe handles and pocket knives. Be careful.

Originally posted by destroya

since you're not from the us, i'll give you a pass for not knowing what fuck you're talking about.

well, gee thanks for the pass and all but please dop explain what you mean...

how can i not know what im talking about when all i said was:

its worth fucking with them, just to show them that there are people who dont agree with their views and that they may not be wanted..

are you saying that i was wrong in saying that the KKK are not wanted in the states? Surely there must be at least ONE person in USA who doesnt like them.......?

the thing is, they KNOW most people don't like them, and they expect to be fucked with. what they want is attention for their cause. they're already getting news coverage, and if someone fucks with them on a large enough scale, that's just more coverage, and the number of news stations and papers reporting the story increases. they could even play the victim, complaining about "niggers, niggerlovers, and jews" ruining their perfectly legal rally, and in some senses, seeming to strenghten their case. all of this would give them exactly what they want, to spread their word to a large audience.

in short, to fuck with them is giving them what they want.

Destroya is correct

The more outrage and protest, and especially the more violence, the better they like it. What they lack (besides any common sense at all) is money for publicity. If you show up and cause a bunch of shit, you just handed them a million bucks worth of prime time air. Best policy, in my opinion, is hold a multicultural counter demonstration dedicated to brotherhood, tolerance and patriotism. Lots of American flags. No haters. Then the story becomes

"Fifty Klansman marched down the middle of MLK Boulevard Saturday to streets empty of everyone but 250 police officers and County sheriff's deputies. About 10,000 local young people attended a Brotherhood and America Rally at Albert Schwietzer Park, where they listened to speeches by local ministers, rabbis and representatives of the local Muslim community. Several local bands and rap musicians gave performances to an enthusiastic crowd, and local community action groups passed out bottled water and sunscreen. "This is what America is all about," said Calvin Washington, 18, "People working together to make our community a better place." No spokesman from the Klan group was available at press time. There were no arrests."

...the best way to fuck with them is seriously to ignore them...a couple years ago back home they organized a meeting at the local library (demonstarting their right to organize on public property) well the issue made the news and when it happened a bunch of people showed up and tried to stop them from going in...the klan loved the reaction so much they decided to organize another meeting at a local library in an almost all black and hispanic area...this time when it happened the community group of that area worked with the library and organized a "read in the park day" (it was called something like that)...they had a bookmobile out at the park and read stories to a bunch of kids and had adults and local african american authors giving talks...they had only one person at the library that day, just to open the doors and let the klan enter and show them to the meeting room...no one else was at the library at all, no news, no protestors, no body...the klan was so pissed they left after about half an hour and i haven't heard anything about them since...

porque has definitely got a point. Sure it would hilarious if you and your friends sdressed up in pink kkk robes, but it would only add to their hatred. Sucks to not go and bug em, but I would imagine that if they were doing a march and no one was there on the sidelines, theyd feel more like shit.

fuck this shit..

Join the festivities.. Make something stupid into some outrageous drunken fun.. Grab a grill, couple cases of cheap beer, some steaks/burgers and some rap music and go and have some fun..

/Nothing like a good Klan rally to get people together again..