Sin City

CinchedWaist

Have you guys seen the trailer yet?

It looks pretty bad ass. Film noir kills.

all of the characters look pretty neat, although i despise brittany murphy.

Oh, and Jessica Alba is a stripper! :yum:

Sorry if this has been posted already. it *may* take a while to download.

sin city trailer

I can't wait

*I love rosario dawson's character. She looks so bad ass.

Actually, most of the ladies do.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

grr i waited forever for it to work..and it never did!!! I WANTED TO SEE JESSICA ALBA ..rosario dawson is cute too..whats the movie about??

i wanna see.. i fucking watched the movie honey and thats one of the shittest movies i've ever seen just to see jessica alba shake her thang..hahaha...

sorry alure.

I know, it took FOREVER on my computer to download.

If you have dial up i'd say its hopeless.

Its a pretty neat preview tho.

Alba is in cowboy chaps and is doing a seductive dance...kinda cheesy but fun.

Dawson just looks bad azz...out to kill.

a whole mess of the fems in this movie look awesome.

And ABC, your right. its based on the comic.

plot: A collection of interweaving stories all based in the corrupt, crime infested hell-hole that is Basin City. Heavily influenced by film-noir, the main storylines concern a hulking brute called Marv, who is seeking the murderer of a beautiful woman who was killed while asleep in bed with him (along with the help of her twin sister); a photographer called Dwight who is callously used by a manipulative woman and seeks revenge, only later accidentally killing a hero cop and having to cover it up; and a soon-to-be-retiring policeman called Hartigan who is incarcerated for a crime he didn't commit only to find, on his release, the girl he was protecting when he was framed is under threat from a sinister psychopath. All based on the brilliant graphic novels "Sin City" "A Dame To Kill For", "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard", written and illustrated by Frank Miller.

**Benecio del toro is in it too...lookin funny as hell

Cast (in credits order)

Jessica Alba .... Nancy Callahan

Rosario Dawson .... Gail

Elijah Wood .... Kevin

Maria Bello .... Ava Lord

Bruce Willis .... Hartigan

Benicio Del Toro .... Jack Rafferty

Michael Clarke Duncan .... Manute

Carla Gugino .... Lucille

Josh Hartnett .... The Man

Michael Madsen .... Bob

Jaime King .... Goldie/Wendy

Brittany Murphy .... Shellie

Clive Owen .... Dwight

Mickey Rourke .... Marv

Nick Stahl .... Junior/Yellow Bastard

rest of cast listed alphabetically

Devon Aoki .... Miho

Alexis Bledel .... Becky

Jason Douglas .... Hitman

Lauren-Elaine Edleson .... Old Town Girl

Rick Gomez .... Mr. Shlubb

Ethan Maniquis .... Bozo #1

Jason McDonald .... Ronnie

Sherrell Murphy-Ramos .... Molly prince

Tommy Nix .... Weeval

Marley Shelton .... The Customer

Scott Teeters .... Lenny/Benny

Ken Thomas .... Bozo #2

Makenzie Vega .... Young Nancy

Arie Verveen .... Murphy

Chris Warner .... Bozo #3

Katherine Willis .... Nurse

frank miller comic book list

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graphic_novels/dh/sincity.jpg'> http://www.imakinarium.net/comic/ABC%20autores/M/MILLER%20Frank/6%20Sin%20City/6%20SC%20Hell%20&%20Back/fm00schab5.jpg'>

- Sin City -

by Frank Miller

[The comicbook that started it all...]

The maincharacter Marv ( big, ugly Marv ) meets a girl, Goldie. Goldie is far too lovely for a guy like Marv, and Marv knows that ( at leaset he have a blury idea of it - alcohol do that to people ). He can't miss a chance, though and he takes. But, when he wakes up Goldie is assassined. And someone is trying, of some unexpected reason, to blame Marv for her death. Marv doesn't accept that, afterall; The girl did show him some friendliness, which he almost never is confroted with. So, he start to hunt the hunters...

http://www.cs.joensuu.fi/~tkova/sc/marvface.jpg'>

marv

Frank Miller's (1957- )

early career was filled with uncertainty and poverty. It wasn't until he drew two issues of Peter Parker that he came to the attention of Jim Shooter at Marvel. Shooter recognized Miller's talent, and hired him to replace the departing Gene Colan as a penciller for Daredevil. Miller's Daredevil storylines "Elektra Saga" and "Born Again" remain highly acclaimed. Other important Miller works include Sin City, the Martha Washington saga, Big Guy and Rusty the Robot, 300 and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

Miller's Gotham City is not the place we remember from the Batman comics of the 50s. No longer decorated by outlandish props (remember the giant typewriter?) this city is dark and decayed, populated by rabid street gangs. Batman himself seems a near-fascist and perhaps a dangerous psychopath. This updated, gritty Gotham City is at once an artist's vision and a grim warning of what may exist in our own, very near future. About Batman, Miller said:

"For me, Batman was never funny. Gotham City was cold shafts of concrete lit by cold moonlight, windswept and bottomless, fading to a cloud bank of city lights, a wet, white mist, miles below me. The street sounds were a soft, sad roar, unbroken and unchanging... A shadow fell across me, from above. Wings flapped, close by and almost silent... It rose into space, its wings spread wide, then fell...past me, its shadow sliding across walls, growing to swallow whole buildings, lit by the clouds below. The shadow faded into the clouds. It was gone."

Although perhaps best-known for his work as an artist, Miller is also a talented writer. His screenplays include RoboCop 2 and 3.

Now, Dimension Films is set to bring Miller's expansive tale to the big screen in director Robert Rodriguez's Sin City, a film divided into three individualized sections that each tackle a Sin City story arc. The first, which is based on the first trade paperback, stars Mickey Rourke as Marv, Jamie King as Goldie, and Elijah Wood (Kevin). The second, based on The Big Fat Kill, stars Rosario Dawson as Gail, Clive Owen as Dwight, Benicio del Toro as Jackie Boy, Michael Clarke Duncan as Manute, and Brittany Murphy as Shellie. The last act, tackling That Yellow Bastard will star Bruce Willis as Hartigan, Jessica Alba as Nancy, Nick Stahl as Yellow Bastard. Along with Rodriguez (El Mariachi Trilogy, Spy Kids), he'll be joined on directing duty with Frank Miller himself, as well as by Quentin Tarantino for a dream sequence.

Sin City is actually a very simple story, at its heart, a tale of murder and corruption, devotion and revenge.

Marv, a recently paroled and borderline psychotic mountain of a man, cuts a bloody path of revenge through the streets of the titular metropolis. Awakening after a drunken night of passion with the kind of woman who normally wouldn't haven given him a first look, much less a second, Marv finds the object of his infatuation, Goldie, lifeless beside him, her perfect form unmarred by any sign of foul play. Before he can collect his thoughts, the blare of sirens heralds the arrival of Sin City's corrupt police force. Reasonably certain that he didn't murder Goldie, Marv decides that the fix must be in on him. Swearing revenge over the body of the woman he idolized, he pummels his way through the oncoming cops with Hong Kong action flick acrobatics that belie his massive bulk.

Over the course of the graphic novel, Marv stalks through the seedy underbelly of an already morally bankrupt burg, using his connections in the strip joints and back alley dives of Sin City to unravel a mystery that encompasses far more than one murdered prostitute and stretches dangerously higher than the gutters that Marv calls home.

Sin City works on basically every level. Visually speaking, Miller's use of negative space and choice to render his sequential noir in black and white make for some of the most striking and memorable images in comics history (see the scene of Marv in the rain for particularly strong examples). Sin City is a mean, ugly story about a brutal man and Miller never shies away from showing the gruesome results of Marv's handiwork. At the same time, however, it's by no means a gratuitous splatterfest. Still, make no bones about it, Sin City is a story for mature readers only.

Regarding the script, Miller's authorial voice is particularly strong in his protagonist, Marv's internal monologue showing both the influence of classic pulp fiction and film noir, as well as the effects of the main character's own dubious sanity.

At the end of the day, the entire Sin City franchise of graphic novels is worthwhile (except for Hell and Back, which is a drastically weaker affair than its predecessors), but it's the original that probably holds up the best. Sin City is an ugly, visceral tale about a disturbed man's blood-soaked quest for revenge, but at the same time, it's a moral story. Marv knows he'll do prison time, at the very least, for what he's planning, but he does it anyway simply because he genuinely believes it's the right thing to do.

And while later stories would delve into the city itself in greater detail, Sin City somehow never felt as real as it did the first time around. It's simply a classic of modern graphic fiction.

eh i was gonna post the other two storylines but dont want spoil anything

its a damn good series though...i was lucky enough to get the original sin city 1 signed by frank miller at a comicon...

so any body willing to buy it off me for a mere 700 bucks give me a holla

Actor Justin Pierce hangs self in Las Vegas hotel

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Justin Pierce, a 25-year-old actor who starred in

the controversial 1995 film ``Kids,'' was found dead after hanging himself

in a Las Vegas hotel room in what authorities said Wednesday was clearly a

suicide.

Pierce was found hanging in his room at the posh Bellagio resort on Monday

by hotel security officers and was pronounced dead at the scene, said

Clark County Coroner Ron Flud.

Flud said two suicide notes were found at the scene.

``Hanging is the cause of death and the manner of death is suicide,'' Flud

said.

Flud said toxicology tests were pending to determine if Pierce, who

appears in the upcoming film ``Pigeonholed'' with Rosanna Arquette, had

any drugs or alcohol in his system.

Pierce was best known for his role in ``Kids,'' which portrayed the grim

world of a group of New York City teenagers and sparked controversy over

its depiction of young people, at least one of them infected with HIV,

having unprotected sex and using drugs.

Pierce, who also starred alongside Ice Cube in this year's film ``Next

Friday'' and was discovered skateboarding on the streets of Manhattan, is

the second young actor to hang himself in Las Vegas in the last two years.

In March of 1999, David Strickland, who played a rock critic alongside

star Brooke Shields in TV's ``Suddenly Susan,'' was found dead in his

motel room on the famous Strip in this desert resort city.

http://www.prisma-online.de/image/50/mmnet_68965a0feb50.jpeg'>

DAMN i didnt even know....

and what sucks is his last movie was next friday...for shame