Why do so many black people give their kids such stupid names?

Rodney Trotter

no, it's in serious need of honesty.

1. the thread has an ignorant title, don't be surprised when it has ignorant content as well.

2. if you're name was laquifa, you'd laugh too.

3. while decu was trying to be ironic, there are girls with those names, so unfortunately it does little to back her point.

4. everyone likes chicken.

5. if you're going to tell me you wouldnt make fun of a white girl named starshine, you're fucking lying. even white girls named bridgette make fun of white girls named starshine.

6. we've accepted that we can't dance, and that (until recently) we had no asses, ya'll need to come to terms with the fact that some of you are naming babies after luxury items and amalgamations of two seperate names to disasterous results.

7. we know not all black people give their kids stupid names, just like you don't mean 'all' of us are racist.

8. it's the internet, who cares?

9. i'm bored of this now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd totally forgotten how much i posted in this thread when it started, so i'd like to ammend my first point. it's become fairly ignorant, and it had an extremely ignorant title, but as a whole, i think i made me some pretty intelligent points that i'd be more than happy to defend, if anyone feels that they have something to add.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 6 2006, 07:41 AM

john birch,

yo, im a sucker for girls with short dark hair and glasses, sorry homie.

black folks can make fun of a 'chet' or a 'lance' or a 'moon shade' or a 'billy bob', but white people can't make fun of a 'lashondaniqua'? fuck that.

stereotypes suck, but more often than not, they're right, regardless of what race they're associated with. wahh.

why can't white folks make fun of lashondaniqua? they absolutely can. I'm white skind-ded and I make fun of black skinded-people all the time. Seriously, 2 reasons why black folks would be mad ad white folks making fun of them is that

A.) they are still all caught up in the racist issue. or

B.) youre a damn racist and they know it , so your jokes aint funny, cracker!

like that.

cuz I can crack on black folks (if they know me) cuz they know me , but don't let Billy Thornton try to pop that yang (cuz they know him too) and he's a nigger hatin M/F as soon as he's out of Tyrone's earshot. you smell me?

no doubt seeking, all you said is real...there's nothing wrong with laughing at someone whom you think has a silly name...eveyone and their moms does it...that's humanity's judgemental nature...

but, in the grand scheme of things, for the people who seem to really be boggled by the trend of black folks giving their kids all sorts of names beginning and ending with "la's" and "iquas" and "isha", perhaps i can shed a pinhole amount of light on the matter ...it could easily be understood if people would take a second to look at it with a little less ethnocentricity and a little more cultural relativism ( which is real honesty...on the actual factual tip)...in my opinion, that's where the truth lies

...and the truth is, it's all, basically, an attempt by many black americans, mainly, impoverished black americans (not to be equated with "ghetto"), to carve out an appropriated cultural niche in american society...these folks want their kids to have unique and "pretty sounding" names, but they aren't familiar with anything outside of their everyday environment or element, so kats make shit up, or add a prefix or suffix to an already existing popular/common name, or just combine the names of two people in the family...it just seems to be more about cultural identity and some sort of cultural solidarity... and not stupidity or being "ghetto"... what does it mean to be a black/african american...what is a black/african american name...and blah blah blah

fuck it...i'm starting to have bogus flashbacks to sociology class

...like seeking stated...it's the internet, who cares

"...chlorophyll, more like borophyll..."

...i hate trying to make a point on the internet

p.s...avoid contact with broads named Alize pronounced (Al-li-zay), or any other female named after some liquor, for that matter

i understand where it comes from, and i appreciate the sentiment, my 'concern' is that it's basically branding the child for life, giving it an easily avoidably handicap, simply because the parent, and the parents parents, and the parents social circle, etc etc, lacked an ability to understand the ramification of what they're doing.

when i said 'its the internet, who cares' i simply meant that there will always be people who say dumb shit just to be an asshole, so getting upset or even aknowledging that they spoke is a waste of time. having an intelligent discussion about a controversial topic from your couch, while in your underwear is sweet.

Originally posted by SF1+Jan 8 2006, 04:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Jan 8 2006, 04:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MESTHREE@Jan 8 2006, 03:55 AM

.. wait a second.. white people have asses ??!!??

I don't know about where you live but yes. In the past 5 or so years all of a sudden white girls have asses. It's weird.

[/b]

it happened about the time that 13 year old started looking 20

Originally posted by dobsilla+Jan 7 2006, 11:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dobsilla - Jan 7 2006, 11:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SF1@Jan 8 2006, 04:10 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-MESTHREE@Jan 8 2006, 03:55 AM

.. wait a second.. white people have asses ??!!??

I don't know about where you live but yes. In the past 5 or so years all of a sudden white girls have asses. It's weird.

it happened about the time that 13 year old started looking 20:

Hanson-MmmbopPicture-Cd-132492.jpg

[/b]

Sssssssssshhhhhhh.

He still doesnt know.

:haha:

I think DREDZ explained it pretty well, although i just skimmed what he said. It's a deep psychological expression of individualism and to create their own culture aside from the white mans. They didn't get to have names when they were first brought over here, think about that for a good minute, let it sink in. It's one small thing they can do to make themselves that much more different than white people, or even the rest of the world. They don't give a fuck how "stupid" some of the more ignorant people of the world think it is. In fact, you can ask a black girl with a "funny" name, and I can guarantee that 99/100 would say they love their name and fuck you in the ass for asking. On the flip side, it is damaging to your childrens prospective future by giving your child a name that white society (business/political society, to be precise) isn't comfortable with.

And yeah, it's just the internet who cares. The problem with this is that the people that say the ignorant shit on the computer, and not the ironic/funny or saying it for the fuck of saying it people, really believe the bullshit they say in real life. So it really isn't "just the internet".

^ Seldoon's comments.

I agree.. but not with the overall idea. Let me explain...

I agree with a culture that doesn't care what outsiders think,

but it's a disservice to children to keep them out of the 'game'

by giving them a name that immediately denotes exclusion.

too wordy.... let me rephrase,

My ukranian buddy has as stupid long last name. Yasyaszczuck.

That's the short version. Now everyone just says 'yasack'. He's going to change to fit.

Everyone has to change a little bit to fit with what's around them.

If you force kids to be outsiders, they'll only resent their parents at the end of it.

• 1 year later...