Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rodney Trotter

Why do so many black people give their kids such stupid names?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

names of some of my old students:

deja vu

arneesha

tyree

drakari

tymani

raekwon

ayzia

nichelle

jibao

interesting to say the least

p.s. hi rodney =)

Originally posted by seeking

wow, that is a cute dog.

is it a dog, or a puppy?

He's a puppy. He won't get to be much larger than that, though. Even

as a full adult, he will look almost identical to that, except his hair will be

a little bit longer.

Allright seeking, I gotcha. I think the main thing that is going wrong right now is like i said, if Brent and Lakisha have the same educational backround, USUALLY it means Lakisha is a harder worker and is more qualified, when its always backwords. This just makes it so much harder to improve minorty achievement. Agreed?

what the?

I have an original name! And I like it! And it means something, too.

Yeah, I got made fun of a bit, and as a matter of fact, people still try. Yeah, people my age. But it's easy - the people who make fun are the people who never finished high school, have terrible social skills, and have other problems. JHS bullies that never grew up type shit. Now I see why, as this thread gives me an idea that you people are mad racist, but are afraid to admit it.

When I hit a party and meet three Johns and a Kevin, I have a hard time remembering any of their names. But when I meet a Gustav, I'll remember a hell of a lot easier.

Seriously, seeking, that's pretty bad, some of the things you say.

cry me a river. give your kid a retarded name, be it drakari, or river, and you're setting your kid up to fail.

welcome to america.

oh, and all of you sarahs and johns can laugh all you want about Ms. Paltrow's daughter's name (Apple), but the fact is, it's pretty nice. Names have to be created somewhere - last I checked, there was no 'Amber' in the Apostles.

My daughter's name is going to be very original, and it will have something to do with marijuana. I'm not going to say what it is, because it WILL be stolen, that's how fresh it is. And this is coming from a guy who had kids be bruuutal to him back in the elementary school days for my first and last name. which kids? the white kids. the low class white kids from the white trash area in my neighbourhood. *the white kids who are having a much more difficult time in life than me, that's for sure.

Originally posted by Weapon X

oh, and all of you sarahs and johns can laugh all you want about Ms. Paltrow's daughter's name (Apple), but the fact is, it's pretty nice. Names have to be created somewhere - last I checked, there was no 'Amber' in the Apostles.

My daughter's name is going to be very original, and it will have something to do with marijuana. I'm not going to say what it is, because it WILL be stolen, that's how fresh it is. And this is coming from a guy who had kids be bruuutal to him back in the elementary school days for my first and last names. which kids? the white kids. the low class white kids from the white trash area in my neighbourhood.

try kaya. i always thought i might name my first daught4r that.

Now I see why, as this thread gives me an idea that you people are mad racist, but are afraid to admit it.

:idea: Not all... but you can easily spot the ones that use threads like these to vent their underlying racism.

Originally posted by seeking

cry me a river. give your kid a retarded name, be it drakari, or river, and you're setting your kid up to fail.

welcome to america.

like River Phoenix? If it wasn't for the drug overdose, he would've been a success right now, I think. He was a good looking actor with actual talent. And he was on his way to succeed in a big way, I think. Or checkit - his brother Joaquin...he's doing pretty well.

My daughter's name is going to be very original, and it will have something to do with marijuana.

kiya? been done. naming your daughter after marijuana is just slightly more fucking ignorant than naming your pet after drugs of some sort.

i honestly dont even give a shit about kids picking on eachother. kids will pick one one another for everything and anything. they'll pick on eachother for things that are perfectly normal by anyones standards. kids are retarded. im talking about job opportunities. a kid named 'apple' is going to have a much harder time getting a quality job than a kid named 'elizabeth'. i dont care how 'original' it is, originality doesnt pay the bills.

besides, who the fuck are you to talk about anyone being close minded or ignorant? your the one who claims lesbians all secretly crave dick.

weapon x, i don't think seeking is a racist at all....i think he's just trying to be more realistic than others here would be willing to do.

it takes nuts to say what he's saying. respect him for his opinion. even if it does look like he's playing the devils advocate.

i don't agree with him on alot of what he's saying, but i understand it. there's a difference.

they do, guy. except the really ugleeeee ones. i thought i explained that!

and no, not kiya, or kaya. Something else. It's a beautiful name.

Also, I think I'd be doing my kid a favour by giving him or her a name like that, rather than Peter, Paul, or Mary. Christianity ain't the end all, be all. My name is from the Sanskrit language, and means Victorious, or something like that. I think that's pretty cool.

And man, for someone who hates on the fact that the Puritans messed up America good, how can you say you like the homogenized version of America, where everyone is named after the 12 Apostles, or the Virgin Mary. Whatever, this is stupid, but of course it's not open minded to think that an original name is stupid.

wait, which part was me being racist, the one where i said naming your kid moon beam or apple was retarded, or the one where i said that our educational system is set up to keep poor people down?

deal with reality, not your hand-out, PC bullshit. i dont give a fuck what color you are, naming your kid after weed, or champagne, or a car, is fucking retarded.

seeks/blow it out your ass

dude, you guys are totally right, when i have kids, i'm naming them rolex and chardoney. i dont know what i was thinking before.

seeking, i'm not saying you're a racist. all i'm saying is that our opinions differ.

btw; for your kids name, i'd stick with darryl jr.

naming your kid after something in nature, like Sky, Daisy, Apple, or after a marijuana plant is all good.

Naming your kid after an important figure in history (yes, even if it's Vince, after Vince Lombardi, or a Roman Caesar) is all good.

Naming your kid after a very expensive commercial product that is peddled by the nignogs in their rap videos is maybe not the best idea, but it's not going to be the kid who gets made fun of. It will be the mother, when/if she's at the soccer mom PTA meeting and is wearing gold painted door knockers and fake nails. Whatever, if it's fashionable, than the point is moot, I'd think.