Why do so many black people give their kids such stupid names?

Rodney Trotter

they do, guy. except the really ugleeeee ones. i thought i explained that!

and no, not kiya, or kaya. Something else. It's a beautiful name.

Also, I think I'd be doing my kid a favour by giving him or her a name like that, rather than Peter, Paul, or Mary. Christianity ain't the end all, be all. My name is from the Sanskrit language, and means Victorious, or something like that. I think that's pretty cool.

And man, for someone who hates on the fact that the Puritans messed up America good, how can you say you like the homogenized version of America, where everyone is named after the 12 Apostles, or the Virgin Mary. Whatever, this is stupid, but of course it's not open minded to think that an original name is stupid.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, which part was me being racist, the one where i said naming your kid moon beam or apple was retarded, or the one where i said that our educational system is set up to keep poor people down?

deal with reality, not your hand-out, PC bullshit. i dont give a fuck what color you are, naming your kid after weed, or champagne, or a car, is fucking retarded.

seeks/blow it out your ass

naming your kid after something in nature, like Sky, Daisy, Apple, or after a marijuana plant is all good.

Naming your kid after an important figure in history (yes, even if it's Vince, after Vince Lombardi, or a Roman Caesar) is all good.

Naming your kid after a very expensive commercial product that is peddled by the nignogs in their rap videos is maybe not the best idea, but it's not going to be the kid who gets made fun of. It will be the mother, when/if she's at the soccer mom PTA meeting and is wearing gold painted door knockers and fake nails. Whatever, if it's fashionable, than the point is moot, I'd think.

..hey seeks...what about actual african-americans?...i have a few friends that are nigerian and ethiopian and have very african names...sadly their names mimic the pretend names from america...yet now they are competeing in the american market for jobs since they have completed school here in the us...would you not hire them?...

...i'm just tryin to play devils advocate...

Originally posted by porque

..hey seeks...what about actual african-americans?...i have a few friends that are nigerian and ethiopian and have very african names...sadly their names mimic the pretend names from america...yet now they are competeing in the american market for jobs since they have completed school here in the us...would you not hire them?...

dude, i love nigerians and ethiopeans, they rock.

this has really been stretched a bit too far, largely by my own fault, but still. i would be all about hiring someone from africa. seriously, those guys are awesome. i just have issues with the 'shaqwandas' of the world, because i deal with them so often, and have had very few positive experiences. but that all comes back to growing up around detroit and the socio-political climate here. and when i say stuff about people with these names, im not doing so like your average ignorant white american who's using the name as a blanket term for anyone black in america, im just talking about people with retarded names (which very much includes stupid hippie names as well). its the kind of tongue-in-cheek rant that needs to be held in person to really be understood.

i just cant stand ignorant people, sue me.

i just had an argument about ethiopean women the other day. seriously, they're so beautiful, it's silly. african people as a whole are pretty dope. well, except for the ones that look like they might practice voo-doo...im still kind of a little skeptical of those guys, otherwise, my whole shit is like, zimbabwe, hooooooooooooooooooo!

seeks/This is protected By the Red, the Black and the Green

Guest willy.wonka

my homie is this rasta man that finally met his beautiful eithiopean queen, sometime next year, he's going on that great spiritual journey to e'i'thiopia. she rides bike with him everwhere.

man, but when i say i have met some fine ones...i have champange taste