Running

Guest bug

i just saw that thread in the bench of the guy that was beat by the cops. I've really been considering getting running shoes for a while now and start running, not just for excercise, but building speed and stamina to get away from the cops if they start chasing. i used to run a lot as a little kid, but if i run now, my legs ache after several minutes and i run out of breath. its the first sign that your getting old when you're in your early twenties, i remember just a few years ago running forever and my only problem was getting thirsty...

anyone else "practice" running from the cops?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands

i've had the same thought for a long time. i can't run for shit...if it came down to a chase and me with no escape plan, i'm done.

you know what it is?

i'm just fuckin lazy

It is a good idea to get in shape to run, both away from cops and for general health. But then again what makes you think the cops will be able to catch you? If you get chased by some middle aged vet that has packed on those pounds since joining the force chances are you'll make it out scot free regardless of you conditioning. But if you got some kid just out the academy chances are your fucked if he really wants to get you regardless of your stamina.

i dunno pistol, in my city, the cops are all healthy in shape weight lifting types. the fat middle age ones you describe have been in the force so long that they work their way up to the day shift, so all the young, in- shape ones are on night shift.

man i cant out run shit. im so god damn slow. i used to be sprinter king, now i decided i wanted muscule and put on a ton of weight so im just big and kinda slow. id bet i could get away if i had too, if it was a hro who was chasing me. id just punch him, fuck it, i boxed for 5 years, i know how to fight, but i smoke too so i dont think running would be the best get away. but ya never know

Guest imported_Tesseract

Same here,smoke to much, cant run shit.I cant even hold my breath underwater anymore.15 seconds and i am gone.

Its ironic though cause for some reason i look pretty healthy and build up and i always concider my self as a ninja(based on some weird reflex reactions from my childhood)

I am 22 now and i still think that i can getaway like a fuckin chimpanzee but based on the fact that when i run my teeth hurt....fuck

I just hope that nothing happens so i'll face the truth on that matter

I ran a marathon (26.2 miles) in January of 1999 ... and it remains one of the largest physical goals I have set for myself and ended up achieving. Training started in the August prior to the race ... and I gave up every Friday night and Staurday morning for long runs. I was a freshman in college at the time, so it was extremely difficult to adhere to such a strcit sleep schedule. In the end, however, it was well worth my time and effort. All the malarky you hear about all the pain and sacrifice being worth it when you cross the finish line is completely true. There's no way I would do it again anytime soon - maybe later in my life ... but not now. There's beer to be drank. Newcastle=yum. :eek:

Archived