Guest WebsterUno

problak-when i was checking out this

thread yesterday, someone had made

a comment about the mlk piece.

i thought it was kinda messed up to

talk smack about an mlk piece.

i didnt say anything at first, but after

reading your first post, in my head i was

like, "right on!"...and a song lyric came to mind.

"why do you only work when there is a check?"

which is kinda summing up what you said.

we write, and reap the profits, the profit being fame.

this guy chose to put mlk's name and image,

giving all props to mlk...not the writer himself.

did that make any sense?

YEAH MAN NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I HEAR YOU

MY-B FOR NOT DIGGIN A LITTLE HARDER INTO YOUR REFERENCE TO THOSE LYRICS.

I KNOW I HEARD THE TERM BEFORE I JUST FEEL CRAZY BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT'S SITTING ON THE EDGE OF MY BRAIN. JUST CAN'T REMEMBER WHO.

BUT ON THE REAL GOOD LOOKS FOR ADVOCATING FOR THAT PIECE WE FELT SO STRONG ABOUT DOING DOWN THIER. ALOT OF THE LOCAL CATS SAID "THEY NEEDED THAT" AND BIGGED UP BOSTON FOR BRINGING THAT TO ALABAMA.

SO NOW A LARGE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE TAKE OUR CITY MORE SERIOUSLY WHEN IT COMES TO US AS GRAFF WRITERS.

Originally posted by stylemaster

Is that a king 157 piece??

NAW MAN THE STYLE DEFINATLY SPELLS OUT K.I.N.G BUT THE PIECE WAS PRODUCED BY ME. IT WAS RELIVANT T THE MARTIN LUTHER KING PORTRAITS DONE BY FERB.

ALA CREW

PEACE

Much props on this years show, once again you guys oganized a good event with great talent.

Good seeing a head from chicago up at the event (revise).

Peace

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by PROBLAK

YEAH MAN NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I HEAR YOU

MY-B FOR NOT DIGGIN A LITTLE HARDER INTO YOUR REFERENCE TO THOSE LYRICS.

I KNOW I HEARD THE TERM BEFORE I JUST FEEL CRAZY BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT'S SITTING ON THE EDGE OF MY BRAIN. JUST CAN'T REMEMBER WHO.

BUT ON THE REAL GOOD LOOKS FOR ADVOCATING FOR THAT PIECE WE FELT SO STRONG ABOUT DOING DOWN THIER. ALOT OF THE LOCAL CATS SAID "THEY NEEDED THAT" AND BIGGED UP BOSTON FOR BRINGING THAT TO ALABAMA.

SO NOW A LARGE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE TAKE OUR CITY MORE SERIOUSLY WHEN IT COMES TO US AS GRAFF WRITERS.

its all good.

i got that from a krs-one song titled 'like a throttle'

off his album 'sex and violence'. im pretty sure its

a part of a scripture from the quran, but not positive.

pretty sick jam, here is a sample of the lyrics...

(you should listen to it though, the beat is funky!)

"Check it out

Everytime KRS-One steps in the jam

The party is packed, he got the mic in his hand

Brooklyn's ready Uptown's in the house

Kenny drops the beat and we turn the party out

That's it! None of the gimmicks, tricks, oh it's

you either have the hits, or the crazy hype lyrics

But MC's come half-assed, and lookin pitiful

None of em lyrical but their ego is critical

Like I said I'm not a Muslim but to Allah I'm obedient

Some MC's on the mic become Muslims when it's CONVENIENT

And I've seen it!

Real Muslims praise Allah, and they mean it

Others are dreamin it with Sex Me and Do Me and

I'd rather listen to the Brand Nubians

You know it's funny everybody wants money

And material things from cars and chicken wings

When they sing, they sing for the cash

They fail to realize, respect will outlast cash

You get respect by bein creative

and yes a native to your audience, so you know reality

In other words, if you ain't a gangsta why play you a gangsta?

If you ain't a hoe, why sell sex?

If you believe in Allah, how is it you can only work when there's a check?

All of this is incorrect

First should always come respect

The charts are not equal to the respect of the people

Their respect doesn't weeble or wobble

They know the difference from an artist and a lip-syncin model

Right on stage, you'll get a bottle

You're-holding-my-dick-like-a-throttle"

DOPE

All that shit was hot.. Zeph!! Big ups Nime and Benz for rockin the spot! I saw some Guts action too.. what up homie!

Originally posted by Shit talkers

Overall nice show except for the gay style painters. :o

hahahaha Oh man..

Bump for Problack's reason

it's not King B from NYC it's not King 157 from Cali. the styles look complely different. it's ProBlack from Boston.

yo FERB--the portraits look fresh.

I think with the word "KING" got people thinking it was someone else.

I also agree with you Pro 100% regarding rocking different names.

--Target

Originally posted by Targetone

it's not King B from NYC it's not King 157 from Cali. the styles look complely different. it's ProBlack from Boston.

yo FERB--the portraits look fresh.

I think with the word "KING" got people thinking it was someone else.

I also agree with you Pro 100% regarding rocking different names.

--Target

THANKS MAN, REAL HEADS RECOGNIZE.

WE HAVE TO PAINT BEFORE IT GETS TOO COLD.

TOO MANY MOSQUITOS NOW

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

its all good.

i got that from a krs-one song titled 'like a throttle'

off his album 'sex and violence'. im pretty sure its

a part of a scripture from the quran, but not positive.

pretty sick jam, here is a sample of the lyrics...

(you should listen to it though, the beat is funky!)

"Check it out

Everytime KRS-One steps in the jam

The party is packed, he got the mic in his hand

Brooklyn's ready Uptown's in the house

Kenny drops the beat and we turn the party out

That's it! None of the gimmicks, tricks, oh it's

you either have the hits, or the crazy hype lyrics

But MC's come half-assed, and lookin pitiful

None of em lyrical but their ego is critical

Like I said I'm not a Muslim but to Allah I'm obedient

Some MC's on the mic become Muslims when it's CONVENIENT

And I've seen it!

Real Muslims praise Allah, and they mean it

Others are dreamin it with Sex Me and Do Me and

I'd rather listen to the Brand Nubians

You know it's funny everybody wants money

And material things from cars and chicken wings

When they sing, they sing for the cash

They fail to realize, respect will outlast cash

You get respect by bein creative

and yes a native to your audience, so you know reality

In other words, if you ain't a gangsta why play you a gangsta?

If you ain't a hoe, why sell sex?

If you believe in Allah, how is it you can only work when there's a check?

All of this is incorrect

First should always come respect

The charts are not equal to the respect of the people

Their respect doesn't weeble or wobble

They know the difference from an artist and a lip-syncin model

Right on stage, you'll get a bottle

You're-holding-my-dick-like-a-throttle"

THANKS MAN I FIGURED THAT SHIT OUT AROUND 11:00 LAST NIGHT GOOD LOOKS HOMES

yeah all you kids are retarded, its clearly not king b or king157, and its clearly a jam in ALABAMA, with a portrait of DR.KING on both sides of it. like damn what more do you need. problak, that shit is fresh and nice to see some selflessness at the usual ego-fests.

that said, this jam looks cool, ive never been down south...id love to roll down for this next summer...is it a 'first come first served' type jam or do have to like register some space? id love to troop down there next time.

and i love the SFR dudes, but damn guys, that one thing (SNAKE? maybe?) is a really really really intense AMAZE bite. its one thing to rock that 70s funk look, or even a REASish vibe, but that piece like literally has letters done identical to amaze. the A and the E with the finger point in particular. no diss to yall but damn that shit is like wow

Originally posted by cheerleader

yeah all you kids are retarded, its clearly not king b or king157, and its clearly a jam in ALABAMA, with a portrait of DR.KING on both sides of it. like damn what more do you need. problak, that shit is fresh and nice to see some selflessness at the usual ego-fests.

that said, this jam looks cool, ive never been down south...id love to roll down for this next summer...is it a 'first come first served' type jam or do have to like register some space? id love to troop down there next time.

and i love the SFR dudes, but damn guys, that one thing (SNAKE? maybe?) is a really really really intense AMAZE bite. its one thing to rock that 70s funk look, or even a REASish vibe, but that piece like literally has letters done identical to amaze. the A and the E with the finger point in particular. no diss to yall but damn that shit is like wow

Not to take away from all the work that was done that weekend and get into this style is a rip from this person or that person. that "AMAZE" style isn't his either.

Yo Pro... you know how to get up with me. lets rock something. I've been keeping busy painting. let,s rock it.

T

as far as the retarded comment goes, you can go fuck yourself... problak is from my city i see his shit daily.. i diddnt know ferb was there and those characters diddnt look like problaks stuff..... plus the backdrop of honeycomb on the other side fucked me up a little..... so how am i being retarded, when blak had a mural as the center piece of a show in boston on the same weekend........ plus problak himself already straightened us out so theres no need for "retarded comments"

thank you very much

word up guys.

Goose

Renk

Snake Eyes

Daze

Brok

Sode

looks like good clean fun in Birmingham this year. too bad I couldn't make it, but thanks for the hit up snake eyes....

hotniks: im sorry the "honeycombs" threw you off....i had no idea problak did it as i dont know him, but the "retarded" comment related to kids saying it was KING BEE or KING157. i dont think you were one of those people, so dont be so defensive.

target: i thought i made that distinction clear, that 70s funk/aok/ris style is definitely cool and kosher (albeit a tad trendy now) and even reas and them didnt invent it either...but my point was those letters are actually literal bites from amaze pieces, not the general "style". the a and e particularly are directly from amaze pieces. the other SFR dudes rocked that style, like that REK dude...and it looks fine, like a 70s style but his own letters pretty much.

hotniks: im sorry the "honeycombs" threw you off....i had no idea problak did it as i dont know him, but the "retarded" comment related to kids saying it was KING BEE or KING157. i dont think you were one of those people, so dont be so defensive.

target: i thought i made that distinction clear, that 70s funk/aok/ris style is definitely cool and kosher (albeit a tad trendy now) and even reas and them didnt invent it either...but my point was those letters are actually literal bites from amaze pieces, not the general "style". the a and e particularly are directly from amaze pieces. the other SFR dudes rocked that style, like that REK dude...and it looks fine, like a 70s style but his own letters pretty much.

I hear ya man.

word im still a little blue in the face cause i was the first to say hay that king bee is so dope:lol: :lol: sorry i told you to go f yoself:D

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this