STAK tfp

raysin

Originally posted by The Dude

hypocrite. im guessing this is how it went down:

someone makes a STAK thread. you are the first to jump on it being the postmaster that you are and diss it, thinking that he is some newjack from colorado, someone clowns you and you backtrack. the end. im done wasting my time, this isnt my thread.

:lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

understanding and respecting history and tradition though comes into play...comparing someone who's been at it for a minute like stak with someone like "plant trees" is like comparing apples and chainsaws...

essentially graffiti is about the name, in it's traditional sense..letters have always been the dominant focus of good graf...personally i have tons more respect for anyone who can work within the limitations of the roman alphabet and flex it with style...

while the use of iconography might be "groundbreaking" to some, i personally don't feel the tree dood..i'd rather see reminisce's horses, twist's screws or my man bigfoot's sasquatches..

if all work is open to criticism, then criticise it..calling something tired is hardly a valid critique..it's just bad opinion...

Guest thewhite2pac
Originally posted by LENS

Thanks, that's all the explanation i needed. At least some folks can be sane in their explanations.

And no WhiteWannabe2Pac, i'm not done writing yet.

First of all my 12 oz screen name is a joke (i do not own a single 2pac ablum, nor can i tell you the name of a single 2pac song, its a joke get it?). second of all the fact that you are ignorant to who stak tfp is means your graffitti career is as well (a Joke) you fucking inbred clown from east bumblefuck wanna run your mouth on the internet. You jock that tree dude? come on now bro any body that jocks that clown is obviosly a nobody. Save your smart ass reply, unless you wanna come to NYC and tell me in person. I bet you some corny ass suburban kid that lives with his mom and painted like 5 frieghts so now you think you down with graff hop off it, and hop back in your moms minivan 'cause your late for soccer practice son.

Beardo.....sorry, i'd like to get in one last retort....

War Pigs, I see where you're coming from and I respect what you had to say. I'll take what you said into account when delivering future "critiques"

White2Pac....sorry, i don't think a trip to New York is gonna happen anytime soon. And yeah, Plant Trees is the shit. I guess everyone else who thought so in that thread is a nobody too huh? Hmmmm:rolleyes:

And with me getting in the last word, I depart from this thread. STAK obviously means a lot to some people and I don't wanna hurt anyone elses feelings.

With that, i echo Beardos sentiments and say BRING ON THE STAK FLICKS

Originally posted by war pigs

understanding and respecting history and tradition though comes into play...comparing someone who's been at it for a minute like stak with someone like "plant trees" is like comparing apples and chainsaws...

essentially graffiti is about the name, in it's traditional sense..letters have always been the dominant focus of good graf...personally i have tons more respect for anyone who can work within the limitations of the roman alphabet and flex it with style...

while the use of iconography might be "groundbreaking" to some, i personally don't feel the tree dood..i'd rather see reminisce's horses, twist's screws or my man bigfoot's sasquatches..

if all work is open to criticism, then criticise it..calling something tired is hardly a valid critique..it's just bad opinion...

ok man if graffiti is going to stay letters forever then boredom is the next phase. shit is going to progress and change. now if you want to see the same letter style and convince yourself its dope then go along.

also if somebody has been writing for 10years and you expect him to get huge amounts of credit reevaluate that. somebody who has been writing for 3 years could have transformd his/her style dramatically and be shitloads better. the main difference between the two is skills of craft (using paint) and experience in the game.

this guys style is one of an average writer. you may think graffiti is for the black sheep but these kids are the make up goddesses of britney spears.

Guest thewhite2pac

Beardo.....sorry, i'd like to get in one last retort....

White2Pac....sorry, i don't think a trip to New York is gonna happen anytime soon. And yeah, Plant Trees is the shit. I guess everyone else who thought so in that thread is a nobody too huh? Hmmmm:rolleyes:

yes, exactly. Are'nt you late to soccer practice? you better get going.

Originally posted by krs702

ok man if graffiti is going to stay letters forever then boredom is the next phase. shit is going to progress and change. now if you want to see the same letter style and convince yourself its dope then go along.

also if somebody has been writing for 10years and you expect him to get huge amounts of credit reevaluate that. somebody who has been writing for 3 years could have transformd his/her style dramatically and be shitloads better. the main difference between the two is skills of craft (using paint) and experience in the game.

this guys style is one of an average writer. you may think graffiti is for the black sheep but these kids are the make up goddesses of britney spears.

boredom will only afflict those who don't understand the fundamentals of traditional graffiti...for me, personally, i'm into the letter form foremost...iconography, characters, backgrounds and even colors come secondary...and yes..i do think keeping a consistant letter style is dope...shows that some writers don't really care about hopping on the flavor of the month bandwagon and fitting in with the "in" style...

but i'm not even talking about stak tfp..but just graffiti in general...i have much respect for stak, because of what he's done...i don't think he's the most groundbreaking writer in existance, nor would i say he's pioneered anything but he's solid in his fundamentals and has developed a style that is his own...plus, he's a new york writer, who has done his share of cleans, freights, walls, and bombing...so yes my opinion might be biased considering i grew up seeing his work...

i don't think anyone who's been writing for 3 years could ever really transform their style into anything except for a derivative style anyway...3 years is not that long in graffiti..or in any artform in general....even in traditional illustration, one's own unique style takes years to develop...anyone fairly educated will tell you that...3 years into the game you're still checking out other peoples shit...some people incorporate and flip it..some people borrow..some people bite...maybe i'm wrong or maybe i'm jaded because i've been paying attention to graffiti for the better part of the last 15 years and have seen both progression and backwards movement in this artform...

and...no it's not bickering...i don't take any discussion personally...i think if more people had the patience to explain their ideas and hold actual conversations..12oz wouldn't be so polluted with the random bullshit we all skim through...

Originally posted by war pigs

boredom will only afflict those who don't understand the fundamentals of traditional graffiti...for me, personally, i'm into the letter form foremost...iconography, characters, backgrounds and even colors come secondary...and yes..i do think keeping a consistant letter style is dope...shows that some writers don't really care about hopping on the flavor of the month bandwagon and fitting in with the "in" style...

but i'm not even talking about stak tfp..but just graffiti in general...i have much respect for stak, because of what he's done...i don't think he's the most groundbreaking writer in existance, nor would i say he's pioneered anything but he's solid in his fundamentals and has developed a style that is his own...plus, he's a new york writer, who has done his share of cleans, freights, walls, and bombing...so yes my opinion might be biased considering i grew up seeing his work...

i don't think anyone who's been writing for 3 years could ever really transform their style into anything except for a derivative style anyway...3 years is not that long in graffiti..or in any artform in general....even in traditional illustration, one's own unique style takes years to develop...anyone fairly educated will tell you that...3 years into the game you're still checking out other peoples shit...some people incorporate and flip it..some people borrow..some people bite...maybe i'm wrong or maybe i'm jaded because i've been paying attention to graffiti for the better part of the last 15 years and have seen both progression and backwards movement in this artform...

and...no it's not bickering...i don't take any discussion personally...i think if more people had the patience to explain their ideas and hold actual conversations..12oz wouldn't be so polluted with the random bullshit we all skim through...

i dont know man ive seen a couple kids develop a style dramatically fast its just the craft isnt superb.

oh ye i dont think we're bitching just expressing our views.

Guest thewhite2pac
Originally posted by Jack Meoff

plant trees is the man. i must be a clown and a nobody.

.....and you are? .........?????.........??????

war pigs is my hero! werd em up!

this shit is a culture! "its traditions are handed down from one youthful generation to another" sound famaliar. its good to try new things and push the envelop but most people who have been in this for a substantial amount of time are what you would call purist. weriting is about letters. its silly when people make this an "artform" with all of its freedom and expression. writing is about how much and how fancy you can write your name with a can of spray paint or a marker. anything outside of that is not writing...its like graffiti art or some bullshit like that. STAK TFPcomes from a long line of masters making him a master his style and skill are absolutely unfuckable with.

i wish i had some fliks.

Thanks, that's all the explanation i needed. At least some folks can be sane in their explanations.

And no WhiteWannabe2Pac, i'm not done writing yet.

Hummm, maybe you will learn to LEARN before making ignorant comments trying to sound like you know whats what and who is who. Obviously you don't, Stak should be in any writers knowledge base. What is your exscuse this time? I believe the honest critique of your comments on this thread would be:::::

You are ignorant.

Thats how it is.

Originally posted by frijoles

Hummm, maybe you will learn to LEARN before making ignorant comments trying to sound like you know whats what and who is who. Obviously you don't, Stak should be in any writers knowledge base. What is your exscuse this time? I believe the honest critique of your comments on this thread would be:::::

You are ignorant.

Thats how it is.

No, that's not how it is. I don't care about who you know or whether you stayed up all night researching this shit just so you could clown other people for not knowing what's what. Judging a writer based on their knowledge of the graffiti panthenon? I wasn't aware to be considered a writer you had to pass a written test. Would you consider a bad ass writer from the cutties to be less of a writer just because he didn't know who STAK is? You probably would you little donkey.

You know what...STAK may have invented said letterforms but guess what...he DOES NOT do a thing for me. I think that shit is boring. too bad if my point of view is not on par with yours. You think Plant Trees is wack? Good for you, i'm proud you can think for yourself.

No, that's not how it is. I don't care about who you know or whether you stayed up all night researching this shit just so you could clown other people for not knowing what's what. Judging a writer based on their knowledge of the graffiti panthenon? I wasn't aware to be considered a writer you had to pass a written test. Would you consider a bad ass writer from the cutties to be less of a writer just because he didn't know who STAK is? You probably would you little donkey.

You know what...STAK may have invented said letterforms but guess what...he DOES NOT do a thing for me. I think that shit is boring. too bad if my point of view is not on par with yours. You think Plant Trees is wack? Good for you, i'm proud you can think for yourself.

LENS YOU ARE A FUCKING PUSSY!!!!!

Guest thewhite2pac
Originally posted by WAR-BUBBLE

LENS YOU ARE A FUCKING PUSSY!!!!! [/quote

Exactlly, but you forgot to mention he is also an ignorant ass toy with his head up his fucking ass, that jocks herb ass toys. Yo lens save your big words for the curb son. Its funny you said some thing about you didnt know in order to be a writer you had to pass a written test, news flash ass hole this is an everyday written test, and dont forget the history final, which you failed misserably. Guess you are doomed to toy status untill the end of time.

Fuck outa here Lens

This is 4 Stak! Not look at lens.

The sole fact that your dick self is on a graffiti website and having

no clue about TFP. They are still kinging shit after decades. Stak

and all the boys Sane rip, Fuzz 1, Sento, Case 2, Butch 2, Slug.

Your oppinion has no value due to your ignorance. Nothing else to

be said. If you like modern art or art fag shit. Go find a new site.

And keep your mouth shut.

Go into a cd store and shout what is this nirvana stuff I heard

people talk about. How old is he. He must bit emo music.

That is what you just did repeatedly here. Please don't reply.

The world is watching you.

:rolleyes:

in my opinion tfp is one of the best crews of all time. i think this thread is showing the generation gap in graffiti these days. the generation of internet writers came up on 7000 can belton/montana productions, photorealistic spraycan portaits, stupid neckface artfag crap, abstract styles, european styles---seeing all this different shit on a daily basis on the web. they don't care if it's painted in a city, at a legal wall or behind a rock somewhere because the experience of actually going out into the environment where this stuff really exists is gone. people just come on here and look at flicks--and that's no way to judge a writer. you can talk until you're blue in the face about how stak doesn't do anything for you.. however, i bet you and your interweb graffiti heroes wouldn't have the heart to walk through half of the areas where tfp has crushed, never mind pull off full color pieces in spots where everyone else can only pull scrub-filled throwups. you probably wouldn't have the balls to catch a paint-pen tag on a payphone in the bronx. everybody's entitled to an opinion, but if you can't at least respect stuff like this, i think it's time to re-evaluate whether or not you appreciate graffiti at all, or why you even do it. maybe in five more years if you're still writing you might learn to like real graffiti.

CHECK IT!!!!

Check this shit out..... this thread is for STAK TFP, period!!! If you like his shit, good, bump it up!! If you dont like his shit, respect!!! Dont sit here talking shit on your computer acting like little toys and shit!!!

There is enough threads on here for you to find what you like and bump it up whatever that might be! And believe me, I will respect that!! I think the ficks on this thread is fuckin dope! So go talk your shit elsewhere, like face to face or in the yards. Not here on 12oz cause you come off lookin like a fool no matter what your point is!!

Peace out!!

Originally posted by thewhite2pac

.....and you are? .........?????.........??????

why does it matter who i am? i wanted to voice my opinion about plant trees, and i did. the guy is a bombing machine. every city in the us i have been to this guy is up. west coast, east coast, and cities in between. whether or not you like his style, you cant deny the fact that he is one of the most up across the country.

Guest cabin fever

This stuff is fresh.

And this thread confirmed the second axiom of graffiti (The first being: "You can't have nice things with writers around"): Axiom #2: You can't tell writers anything.

Archived