STAK tfp

raysin

Guest CHUKYCHEEZE
Originally posted by ZedIsAlive

war pigs is my hero! werd em up!

this shit is a culture! "its traditions are handed down from one youthful generation to another" sound famaliar. its good to try new things and push the envelop but most people who have been in this for a substantial amount of time are what you would call purist. weriting is about letters. its silly when people make this an "artform" with all of its freedom and expression. writing is about how much and how fancy you can write your name with a can of spray paint or a marker. anything outside of that is not writing...its like graffiti art or some bullshit like that. STAK TFPcomes from a long line of masters making him a master his style and skill are absolutely unfuckable with.

i wish i had some fliks.

AGREED!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plant Trees, Tree guy ot whatever is interesting, he is amazingly around in Cali, but there's no reason to even talk about him on this thread.

"STAK TFPcomes from a long line of masters making him a master his style and skill are absolutely unfuckable with."

Stak's work speaks for itself.

I like all the discussion on here ...

Anybody who's really paid attention to the direction graffiti letters started in vs. the direction they've gone in the last 15 or so years knows that stak is holding down something fundamentally dope.

The style is subtle but flashy. There aren't a million different colors or connections, the letters dont do pretzel-twists and bend and fly out in 8 dimensions; they just flow and play off each other on some classic panel-style flavor. Legible but dope. Angular breaks in his arrows. Traditional connections and fresh color schemes. Its 80s subway panel shit with updated technique and more experience.

The only way I could see someone not feeling stak is by a matter of sheer taste or rookie style-ignorance. He's obviously real dope.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/raygay/stakizzle.jpg'>

Guest thewhite2pac
Originally posted by WAR-BUBBLE

YOU KNOW WHO I AM!BRING IT ON?

]

Whoa, thats like exactlly what I would have said. Serioslly Lens I will have you fucking bodied!!!!!!!!!! dont play games with me, son!!!!!!!!!

Guest thewhite2pac
Originally posted by Ten Cents

Anybody who's really paid attention to the direction graffiti letters started in vs. the direction they've gone in the last 15 or so years knows that stak is holding down something fundamentally dope.

The style is subtle but flashy. There aren't a million different colors or connections, the letters dont do pretzel-twists and bend and fly out in 8 dimensions; they just flow and play off each other on some classic panel-style flavor. Legible but dope. Angular breaks in his arrows. Traditional connections and fresh color schemes. Its 80s subway panel shit with updated technique and more experience.

The only way I could see someone not feeling stak is by a matter of sheer taste or rookie style-ignorance. He's obviously real dope.

Exactly, finally somebody on here knows what the fuck they are talking about!!

Originally posted by Ten Cents

thats whats up...you rocked it.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by JFKFC

in my opinion tfp is one of the best crews of all time. i think this thread is showing the generation gap in graffiti these days. the generation of internet writers came up on 7000 can belton/montana productions, photorealistic spraycan portaits, stupid neckface artfag crap, abstract styles, european styles---seeing all this different shit on a daily basis on the web. they don't care if it's painted in a city, at a legal wall or behind a rock somewhere because the experience of actually going out into the environment where this stuff really exists is gone. people just come on here and look at flicks--and that's no way to judge a writer. you can talk until you're blue in the face about how stak doesn't do anything for you.. however, i bet you and your interweb graffiti heroes wouldn't have the heart to walk through half of the areas where tfp has crushed, never mind pull off full color pieces in spots where everyone else can only pull scrub-filled throwups. you probably wouldn't have the balls to catch a paint-pen tag on a payphone in the bronx. everybody's entitled to an opinion, but if you can't at least respect stuff like this, i think it's time to re-evaluate whether or not you appreciate graffiti at all, or why you even do it. maybe in five more years if you're still writing you might learn to like real graffiti.

perfectly said.....

unfortunately, graffiti writers are few and far in between these days....heritage, styles, passion, hunger, and mentors are glossary words people know only cause of google....

• 2 weeks later...