NECKFACE.

High Priest

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hes probably only famous cause hes got friends in he art biz that hooked him up... dude really isnt all that talented, and he doesnt bomb as hard as everyone pretends he does. i have no problem with his art, but its his intentions that make the graff game look stupid.

i saw your shit at the yerba buena in SF recently... stick to canvas buddy.

that huge metal sculpture was kinda tite though.

I wouldnt argue that his stuff is kind of a gimmick, and i dont really like looking at it much either, but to me the most interesting thing about him and how his shit relates to graf and the art scene =

If this dude painted the exact same amount of the exact same spots in the exact same cities ... but was writing some conventional type of meaningless tag name like ZOR1 or KAZER or whatever ... with an arrow under it and a star at the end and a swirl underneath it ... he'd probably get 95% less attention than he's gotten ... both from other graffiti people and the art world alike. He'd fade right back into the landscape of however many hundreds of thousands of kids take the exact same approach. Which goes to show how his shit has become almost entirely about the fact that he attracted more attention than most other people who do virtually the same thing, and simply by doing it slightly different.

Whats even crazier is that he writes and chills with dudes who do "normal" graffiti (most of whom are approved of or at least not seen as ignorant of traditional graf by the same graf types who hate on him) proving he probably does know something about the style of graf he gets dissed for not doing.

How hard is it to come up with an average graffiti-tag style that meets some "non-toy" graf criteria anyway? Like do people look at JA and think "wow, that J and lowercase A are 100% acceptable in the graf rule book, and its so amazing that he does such acceptable graf instead of something i'd view as the result of a low level of talent" ..?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

neck face is profilic.

he has the style of having no style.

its like kitsch art.....

its really good honestly...

but the thing that sucks is that anyone can do it...

but only he does it ;which makes it unique.

the guy gets up and thats all that matters.

Originally posted by positivementalattitude+Dec 3 2005, 04:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (positivementalattitude - Dec 3 2005, 04:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-maus1985@Dec 3 2005, 03:25 PM

neck face fucking rules,

don't hate the guys for having a cool fucking concept

marcel dzama , david shrigley. look them up.

[/b]

that newest shrigley book is amazing

Originally posted by GamblersGrin+Dec 4 2005, 12:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GamblersGrin - Dec 4 2005, 12:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by positivementalattitude@Dec 3 2005, 04:34 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-maus1985@Dec 3 2005, 03:25 PM

neck face fucking rules,

don't hate the guys for having a cool fucking concept

marcel dzama , david shrigley. look them up.

that newest shrigley book is amazing

[/b]

hell yeah. hell fuckin yeah.

serious! no seriously! no no no for real! ok wait just hold a dam minute. just wait! hold up seriously! for real for real? no for real! like all jokes aside!

neck face is garabe lets all just admit it? and bury this dam wjhole thread! it trash! put it out on the curb let it get tossed out.

no but for real its all trash!

Originally posted by Pedal Power!@Dec 4 2005, 11:15 PM

i think this thread is sweet. neckface isn't following the old graff formula, which has gotten pretty damn stale in my opinion, and i think that's dope.

trust me i agree with what u saying about same stale stuff but seriously this isnt where i would like graff to honestly go

Maybe if I stick a crayon in my nose and use it to write my name and scribble a smiley face on everything I can get jocked as much as NeckFace and get that artschool pussy!!!

Yeah!!!! Art dude!!!!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: <-- (NeckFace laughing at the haters while getting dome from some silly bitch that beleives he's an artist. While we're siting here talking about him.)

Guest KephaOneLove

this thread is lame...nigger gets fame for putting a marker in his ass and scribbling played out outsider art garbage...fuckin fag...

go back to your d&d game...