NECKFACE.

High Priest

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks to me as if neckface knows how to paint. His style is grimmy and fun. Your style is everyone elses. Instead of crying about how neckface is different and you hate his work why dont you go out there and get up like he does with something better? If your too lazy to do that why dont you go over all his shit and see what happens. Be forewarned, hammers to the face. :skull:

I think neckface has his own sense of being and his version of ups.

yes his style is not Graff as most of us know it but he does destroy shit and can pick spots.

I personally try to respect all artists work .

the thing I dont like is the fact that he is in newspapers in my area talking about graffiti and bombing.

bottom line is he isnt graff but for a strange reason he thinks he knows about it.

Go figure.

to eachs own i could careless whether his ship sails aways or sinks.

He doesnt know shit about the history of Graff. period

art school tauhgt him everything he thinks he needs to know evidently

What I want to know is why do yall keep calling it "artsy"?

Like that other guy said, it looks like a dislexsic 7 year old did it. If he was going for "art" wouldn't he put some effort into it?

Obviously dude don't give a fuck so props. I aint dissing him just wondering how art and Neckface fit in the same sentence. :confused:

hey register

I only know what I read and see. I have never met him and personally could careless if I ever do. good luck to him in whatever he does.

if you think its his work is graff then you dont know shit about graffiti.

just because you write on other peoples propert doesnt make it graffiti.

his is artwork but not any form of graffiti.

he is an artist sure...

in your cum drenched eyes graffiti

anyone else knows better.

cheerio chap

Originally posted by YourSistersAssCookie@Oct 14 2005, 04:17 PM

just because you write on other peoples propert doesnt make it graffiti.

his is artwork but not any form of graffiti.

last time i checked, graffiti means to mark a surface... i suppose the usual case is: the surface isnt your own.

i promise if you look it up in the dictionary it will NOT say: crazy sick handstyle hip hop mad flavor burner flare it up wildstyle tats crew all city tight kid oner you sittin on 12oz benchin burners in your sleep all day you live it son realness.

nah, aint happening.

hey my sweetheart.. its completely your opinion and I dont knock what you think everyone is entitled. what I know is neck face has his own style and thats cool. I do know that graffiti originated from hip hop and has a hip hop call it what you will influence to it and all that chatter

"i promise if you look it up in the dictionary it will NOT say: crazy sick handstyle hip hop mad flavor burner flare it up wildstyle tats crew all city tight kid oner you sittin on 12oz benchin burners in your sleep all day you live it son realness."

that is the artschool kid in you comming out and thats okay too. like I said everyone is entitled I didnt say anything negative about neck faces craft all I said was theres no way what he does is graffiti. thats my opinion. love it or leave it.

his art could be considerd glorified vandalsm with a artistic twist at best.

Originally posted by YourSistersAssCookie@Oct 14 2005, 01:13 PM

I do know that graffiti originated from hip hop and has a hip hop call it what you will influence to it and all that chatter

lolzerasxzz

4 entries found for graffiti.

graf·fi·to Audio pronunciation of "graffiti" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gr-ft)

n. pl. graf·fi·ti (-t)

A drawing or inscription made on a wall or other surface, usually so as to be seen by the public. Often used in the plural.

[italian, diminutive of graffio, a scratching, scribble, probably from graffiare, to scratch, scribble, probably from Vulgar Latin *graphire, to write with a stylus, from Latin graphium, stylus, from Greek grapheion, graphion, from graphein, to write. See gerbh- in Indo-European Roots.]

Usage Note: The word graffiti is a plural noun in Italian. In English graffiti is far more common than the singular form graffito and is mainly used as a singular noun in much the same way data is. When the reference is to a particular inscription (as in There was a bold graffiti on the wall), the form graffito would be etymologically correct but might strike some readers as pedantic outside an archaeological context. There is no substitute for the singular use of graffiti when the word is used as a mass noun to refer to inscriptions in general or to the related social phenomenon. The sentence Graffiti is a major problem for the Transit Authority Police cannot be reworded Graffito is... (since graffito can refer only to a particular inscription) or Graffiti are... (which suggests that the police problem involves only the physical marks and not the larger issue of vandalism). In such contexts, the use of graffiti as a singular is justified by both utility and widespread precedent.

8737635_7600772e05_m.jpg

Originally posted by YourSistersAssCookie@Oct 14 2005, 06:13 PM

hey my sweetheart.. its completely your opinion and I dont knock what you think everyone is entitled. what I know is neck face has his own style and thats cool. I do know that graffiti originated from hip hop and has a hip hop call it what you will influence to it and all that chatter

"i promise if you look it up in the dictionary it will NOT say: crazy sick handstyle hip hop mad flavor burner flare it up wildstyle tats crew all city tight kid oner you sittin on 12oz benchin burners in your sleep all day you live it son realness."

that is the artschool kid in you comming out and thats okay too. like I said everyone is entitled I didnt say anything negative about neck faces craft all I said was theres no way what he does is graffiti. thats my opinion. love it or leave it.

This is so backwards I have to respond.

First of all graffiti as we know it (tagging/street-bombing/rep/whatever) started before hip hop even exsisted. Mid 60's to be exact. (The hobos were geting up on freights before then but thats another thing). The first writers were into rock music and shit not hiphop.

You say NeckFace is not graffiti, but it is art???

Neck face is deffinately graffiti He's tagging, bombing spots I even seen him on freights. It is graffiti. Period. His tag name is NeckFace. You can't even argue that.

Now as for art... I aint no artist but I don't see a garbage hand and 2nd grade level drawings as having anything to do with art. Maybe that's just my opinion.

Art or not it's deffinately graff and if you say it aint then you my freind are the one that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by SF1+Oct 15 2005, 12:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Oct 15 2005, 12:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-YourSistersAssCookie@Oct 14 2005, 06:13 PM

This is so backwards I have to respond.

First of all graffiti as we know it (tagging/street-bombing/rep/whatever) started before hip hop even exsisted. Mid 60's to be exact. (The hobos were geting up on freights before then but thats another thing). The first writers were into rock music and shit not hiphop.

You say NeckFace is not graffiti, but it is art???

Neck face is deffinately graffiti He's tagging, bombing spots I even seen him on freights. It is graffiti. Period. His tag name is NeckFace. You can't even argue that.

Now as for art... I aint no artist but I don't see a garbage hand and 2nd grade level drawings as having anything to do with art. Maybe that's just my opinion.

Art or not it's deffinately graff and if you say it aint then you my freind are the one that doesn't know what you're talking about.

[/b]

sf1, yea this dude has the worst argument ive ever heard. its no longer even about neckface, its about the fact you are basically implying NO ONE ever wrote on shit before subway art. learn your history. fuckin "kilroy", "jb king esquire", even "the rambler" dates back to the 60's and i dont recall ever see a flick of old boy rocking a pair of shell toes.

My friend and I argue about the same shit all the time.

In Detroit, my favorite writer is MONEY, but my friend hates him because he doesn't use caps, his handstyles are sketchy & most of his pieces are stick letters.

He judges him based on graffiti; the ability to make crisp lines & bomb handstyles & the rest.

I like him because he gets up all over & if you're going to hit a water tower over a city, why do something that no one can read unless they go up there...who the hell is going up there but you...I respect him for how much you see him everywhere instead of the 5 amazing pieces you see in the most chill spot.

It's a matter of opinion.

ps. Canadian dude with the CAP LOCKS...please quit embarrasing us.