NECKFACE.

High Priest

Originally posted by DankLordz@Nov 8 2004, 06:41 PM

You guys can all sit here and say his shit looks real childish.. but honostly, I feel like this dude has a really sick personal style. If you sit down and actually look through his book with an open mind that shit is pretty intense. Dude gets alot of respect from me.

"open-mind" is the key word. thats the problem with most of these legal eagle, peanut gallery, trash talkers. they dont have this. :spent2:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the exclamation point on 'bodyguard'. it really drives home the sense of impending doom should someone decide to step.

i've totally gone through all the steps of acceptance or whatever it is. anger, denial, barganing blah blah, now i just think dude is hillarious. i still dislike folks that paint ugly shit, but i also dislike pop music yet dream of putting babies inside mandy moore, so whatever.

life is all about adapting to the times (and fucking pop stars like you were being judged on your long stroke).

Art fag? If you call this art, you'd prolly compare that pervert who wears a pink bunny costume with his cock-n-balls hanging out and stands up in musems "as art" with DaVinci or some shit. Funny? Hell yes. Just cause dude gets mad ups doesn't make him any better at it, personally I think it looks like shit, but it is pretty funny, and I'm sure he's laughing his ass off about it, My bet is dude is prolly some pretty good writer's alter ego when he jsut wants to let loose and piss people off or have a good laugh. Like dude jsut said a few posts back with him having definite style, prolly cause he's jsut someone with some actual skill jsut tryin to be ajackass and get a good laugh. I don't really know shit about him though jsut my own two cents.

Originally posted by test@Nov 10 2004, 03:00 AM

Art fag? If you call this art, you'd prolly compare that pervert who wears a pink bunny costume with his cock-n-balls hanging out and stands up in musems "as art" with DaVinci or some shit. Funny? Hell yes. Just cause dude gets mad ups doesn't make him any better at it, personally I think it looks like shit, but it is pretty funny, and I'm sure he's laughing his ass off about it, My bet is dude is prolly some pretty good writer's alter ego when he jsut wants to let loose and piss people off or have a good laugh. Like dude jsut said a few posts back with him having definite style, prolly cause he's jsut someone with some actual skill jsut tryin to be ajackass and get a good laugh. I don't really know shit about him though jsut my own two cents.

Judging by what you posted in the memphis thread, I wouldn't go off on how neckface sucks if I were you. Just a thought.

ONLY IN NEW YORK CAN SOMEONE SO TOY GET FAME , HATE THAT ARTSY MENTALITY. MAYBE IN THE ART FAG WORLD NECK FACE IS SOMEONE BUT IN THE REAL GRAFF WORLD HE IS STRAIGHT UP TOY MY 3 YEAR OLD SISTER CAN SCRIBBLE SHIT LIKE THAT GARBAGE..YOU HAVE GUYS PUTTING IN MAD WORK IN THE STREETS HUGE FILL INS MAD TAGGING STYLES AN THIS GUY COMES ALONG WITH WACKNESS ..... DON'T FORGET THIS AINT' 1969ANY MORE..THERE IS SUCH A THING AS STYLE NOW..STOP GIVING ATTENTION TO SOME WHO DESERVES NONE..NOT EVEN A CRUMB..

Originally posted by ODS-1+Nov 9 2004, 10:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS-1 - Nov 9 2004, 10:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-test@Nov 10 2004, 03:00 AM

Art fag? If you call this art, you'd prolly compare that pervert who wears a pink bunny costume with his cock-n-balls hanging out  and stands up in musems "as art" with DaVinci or some shit. Funny? Hell yes. Just cause dude gets mad ups doesn't make him any better at it, personally I think it looks like shit, but it is pretty funny, and I'm sure he's laughing his ass off about it, My bet is dude is prolly some pretty good writer's alter ego when he jsut wants to let loose and piss people off or have a good laugh. Like dude jsut said a few posts back with him having definite style, prolly cause he's jsut someone with some actual skill jsut tryin to be ajackass and get a good laugh. I don't really know shit about him though jsut my own two cents.

Judging by what you posted in the memphis thread, I wouldn't go off on how neckface sucks if I were you. Just a thought.

[/b]

NO HE AINT SOMEONE WITH STYLE I KNOW THE GUY WHO GAVE HIM HIS FIRST CAN.. NCOCKFACE PLAIN OLD SUCKS

Guest kidlugz

I like it. I've always liked civilian graffiti. Isn't he really just doing exactly what writers do, except outside the narrow stylistic constraints of graffiti culture. How can you hate on that? Because he doesn't rep crews or use extensions and arrows? This guy is jokes and he destroys too. DOPE!

i just realized it says 'BODYGAURD!'

that makes it even better.

failed abortion,

you are from canada, you're opinion doesn't count.

kidlugz,

you are from canada, but your opinion does count.

you know what the difference is? kid lugz uses complete sentences and turns the caps lock off.

seeks/neck faces E-bodygaurd!

the thing is, i agree with most of the criticisms people have about dude. the stuff isn't really original, it's not well done, there are plenty of people who have put in more work, blah blah, blah...but, so what? dude is not straight stealing someones style and he is putting in more work than most. shut up already.

besides, unless you're one of the (literally) dozen or so writers who can claim to have a completely unique style, bitching about how he isn't 'original' just makes you look jealous. the world is full of haters and most of them suck. as DMX said 'do you!'

whatever.

the kid did his thing and it blew up for him, congratulations. this is a perfect example of 'don't hate the player, hate the game'. when he starts doing interviews bragging about shit, getting a big ass ego, then hate on him for that, but don't hate on him cause a bunch of douche bags in NY blew him up an started shoving money into his pocket. you wanna hate on someone, hate kaws, that dude is tripple annoying. hate sace for his trust fund. hate julliani for being a jackass. hate sbarros for being expensive as hell. hate the chinese ladies on canal for lying and telling you the dvd's don't suck.

seeks/bored as hell

it's whatever...dood does his thing...to hate him that much is giving him the respect you wanna deny him...

i don't care if he doesn't do fills or pieces..or even has a half decent handstyle...half the people who do fills in nyc these days shouldn't be doing fills anyway...the style of graf in new york isn't nearly as good as it was in the late 80's / early 90's...shit's boring...

i started seeing neckface up like 2 years ago..i thought it was some art school scrawl shit..i still think it's some art school scrawl shit but honestly...some of the shit makes me laugh...so it serves a purpose...i'd rather laugh at a neckface tag that says some shit like "beat your kids" than wince at somethin like a pinz throwup...like "ehhh"...

anyone who says neckface bites basquiat,

i am sure your letters are a+ and you never looked anywhere for inspiration. oh, you invented the concept of arrows in graffiti? that rules. i didn't know you invented the punch line or the dropshadow.

the only reason his biting is more apparent is because it is a much more narrow field, how many people are trying to bite basquiat (not that i think the two have anything in common)?

point being, more ups than you nine times out of ten, and i'd much rather look at neckface than your "sick" handstyle with that "bomb ass" halo, fartmouths.

this guy is not a graffiti writer, he is an "artist" that tries to exploit graffiti as his vehicle in order to get himself a name in the "contemporary artworld". its a fuckin joke, anyone can do whatever they want but hes stepping on the toes of real graffiti writers by trying to sell himself off as one for his own gain. and all you jockstradlers are only making it worse talkin about how "up" he is....whatever you morons will be the first ones on the guys dick who decides to wipe his shit on walls

the only reason I say that he bites basquiat is beacuse the name neck face and many of his exact drawings can be seen in various basquiat paintings. It's not that he is copying or trying to reproduce past styles, it's that he takes some of Basquiats EXACT WORK, including the name itself. But still, he has more ups then me, and he does make me laugh on occasion, so whatever's clever. Graffiti is all about using past styles to inspire your shit, so it's all good. I'd rather see neckface then some generic bomb as well. Plus it gives me someone to talk shit about.

Oh, and I personally know who first got him painting too, but I know who first got me painting, and who got a lot of other people painting, so whatever. Everyone needs someone to push them into a life of crime, no one just walks into it. Props to neckface for being up, and for being hateable.

I give the use of the word fartmouth an A+.

i have to say after seeing neck face peices after waking up hung over on a door stoop somewhere in brooklyn, (near the first stop in bk on the l i think...) i was tempted to give all my markers away to a pre school. i think we should arm the youth to go out there and destroy!!! shit if neck face can do it why cant your 4 year old nephew pull it off???

Originally posted by seeking@Nov 10 2004, 04:15 PM

i just realized it says 'BODYGAURD!'

that makes it even better.

failed abortion,

you are from canada, you're opinion doesn't count.

kidlugz,

you are from canada, but your opinion does count.

you know what the difference is? kid lugz uses complete sentences and turns the caps lock off.

seeks/neck faces E-bodygaurd!

SO FUNNY TIPICAL AMERICAN COMMENT YOU PROBABLY VOTED FOR GEORGE STUPID BUSH YOU IDIOT CANADA IS A SECOND AWAY FROM THE STATES AND WHATS MAKES MY OPION NOT COUNT IS THAT WE ARE A BETTER COUNTRY IN EVERY WAY AMERICA HAS YOU BRAINWASHED.. IDIOT... LISTEN TOO WHAT HOLLYWOOD SAYS AND YOU SO CALLED STOOPID INTELLIGENT PRESIDENT .. YO THAT SHIT IS CRAZY YOUR PRESIDENT HAS THE I Q OF A DRIED OUT COCK ROACH TURD DON'T GET ME WRONG I AM DOWN WITH MAD PEOPLES FROM THE STATES BUT ONE WHO NOW THE WORLD EXIST OUTSIDES THE STATES WHO TRAVEL AND BOMB AND KILL SHIT MORE THAN THERE LITTLE NEIGHBOURHOODS AND THEY ALL SAY I CANT WAIT TO COME BACK SO FUCK YOU KEEP YOUR TOY ASS NECK FACE'S KEITH HERRINGS......IGNORANT BASTARDS.........JUST CAUSE YOU USE A SPRAY CAN DON'T MEAN YOU DO GRAFFITI