fr8's or clean trains

Fr8G

I want to know what you would rather paint. Fr8s, clean fr8s(that get buffed), or clean trains(transit). Why or why not? One of my friends seems to think if they get buffed why paint them. where I'm from we have probably the cleanest transit system. I only know of a few people that have hit them. I checked out the american clean trains thread on metal heads one guy said that clean trains do run from time to time and that the reason european trains run is because more people are hitting them. I just like the look of clean trains it reminds me of subway art. And even clean fr8s I think make you pieces look better.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

clean trains are good for flicks and fun to get away with. they will get you real hot though. fun on road trips wouldnt want to do them in your home town. what is a clean fr8. freights are alot of fun esspecially when you see them later or hear of them being seen by others around the country.

This topic has been covered many times...but not too recently, so what the heck...

Transit is such a graffiti tradition that people would (and indeed do) continue to hit it in places where it never runs, brings ridiculous heat, and is just shy of suicidal. I respect this kind of craziness even if I would seldom participate. And happily, there are plenty of places where transit isn't as hot, and can run for a while, and in any case you (hopefully) have the flicks long after it's buffed.

The half of the graffiti tradition I prefer to be a part of is that of being up on trains with some longevity, getting benched, etc. That was always the goal in the earlier days of NYC subways. By far the best shot at longevity in North America is freights, so that's what I do. The freight system here is also more comprehensive and has its own rich history and character, something that seems to be lacking on other continents. I used to be drawn to the tracks to watch freights go by long before I started writing, so once I got into graff I knew right away where my focus was going to be.

There has been a lot of stupid commentary on this site on this topic, just one clan hating on another. I've even stooped to that shit when I got particularly irritated with some yob knocking freights. I prefer to see the beauty of both. They're all trains and they should all be painted.

its all about freights. like cracked said, this is our American heritage. how many of us had train sets as kids or just felt in awe of the heavy metal rumble. i got to paint some decomissioned passengers in america and some live ones in europe. its a big thrill, muh bigger than any reefer or live freight yard, but thats all its good for me. i like the longevity of the panels on freights. i like the size (bigger is better) of freights. and i like the community. moniker artists... you cant get that on clean trains. make mine a dirty rustbuket that'll travel all across the US and into Canada. cant do that on a cleancar..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by onesecondple@Sep 26 2004, 06:25 PM

you make some of the dumbest threads and posts fr8g

form all i can see on 12oz. i would agree. it seems like there is no piont to your topics.

it sounds like maybe you are caught in a spiritual warfare of graffiti iwht one's inner self. caught between two ideologies of aerosol world. you must look deeply into thyself and find your innermost thoughts and feelings and express them equally and equivalently while chosing thy cans and walking to the spot.. :china: :china: :china:

ooh shit hold up. where the fuck am i? what the fuck am i saying to this kid?

ooh well just forget it and turn the lights off late at nite..catch a nice buzz and watch the PROTOTYPE outkast video. 1

Midnight smiled at me. "I must confess that I too am at the stage in life where I would like to have a cub, although I would be content to just be the sire for now so that it would not interfere too much with my career. These manipulative friends of ours seem to know us better than we know ourselves. If that is your wish, I would like to get to know each other a lot more. In intimate detail."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Ginger Bread Man
The reason clean trains are done is beacuse; 1st Thats where graffiti orginated, 2nd its the hardest & if u do it for a rush u want o do the hardest thing out there...

^^^