Fingerprints and I'm Fucked

dase*ONER

So heres my story: me and my boys were out bombing and one of my homeys brought his cousin who was sort of new to graff..anyways, we had all of paint in backpacks and after the night was over I still had a few extra cans but all of my friends used all of theres, so my homeys cousin was like 'yea you can put them in my backpack' so I did. We were leaving the spot and I a cop rolled up quietly and then flashed his lights. I ran and so did everyone else but the kids cousin ended up leaving his backpack near the place we bombed and about a month went by. So a detective shows up at my house because the kid had his cell phone in his backpack. Well I told the cop the same shit like 'I didnt do that..theres a million people on his cellphone and I wasn't with him that night' etc, but he wants me to clear me for fingerprints on the cans. They haven't called me down to get cleared yet, but is there any way I can like somehow pass this?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you haven't been arrested than they have no right to take your fingerprints. they may make it seem like they can and may break your balls and lie throught their teeth but you can still tell them to fuck off. if you've been arrested already previously and have your prints on file then you may get charged.

no matter what, say nothing, agree to nothing.

Originally posted by johnny

if you haven't been arrested than they have no right to take your fingerprints. they may make it seem like they can and may break your balls and lie throught their teeth but you can still tell them to fuck off. if you've been arrested already previously and have your prints on file then you may get charged.

^ exactly right, and if they ask why your prints were on the cans just say you gave them to him or something a few days earlier cuz he said he needed them for something or something long those lines

...as long as you don't admit to shit, and your boy doesn't admit to shit...everybody's fine...your friends cousin should tell them that his bag was stolen awhile ago if he hasn't already...since they didn't catch anyone at the scene they basically don't have shit on anyone without admissions...so keep your mouth shut no matter what...

...ps...wear gloves...

Crazy Lazy is right, don't sweat it..you could have touched those at anytime, doesn't prove you were there that instant..unless you're arrested, don't sweat it. Hopefully the cousin wont rat you out..One thing you gotta understand about cops is, they will try to outsmart you, make you think They have you, try to scare you, anything to get you to confess, when they know they have no solid evidence..Case in point? > never admit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ever heard of the movie se7en? well cut your skin of your finger tips to the flesh and they will grow back and heal all distorted and it can't be matched with your original finger prints;) oh yeah and it might hurt alot and bleeding but yea never leave shit behind!!!

Originally posted by FR8HOUND

Crazy Lazy is right, don't sweat it..you could have touched those at anytime, doesn't prove you were there that instant..unless you're arrested, don't sweat it. Hopefully the cousin wont rat you out..One thing you gotta understand about cops is, they will try to outsmart you, make you think They have you, try to scare you, anything to get you to confess, when they know they have no solid evidence..Case in point? > never admit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. And trust me...I watch a lot of Law & Order.

Originally posted by johnny

this about sums it up. dont agree to have your fingerprints taken and you wont have a problem. worse case scenario, say they do take your fingerprints...at a high traffic retail store where people are constantly comparing and stocking merchandise such as paint (at a place like walmart for instance), hundreds of people would have touched that can of paint, so the fact that your prints are on it, although it doesnt help your case, doesnt incriminate you either.

Originally posted by rubbish heap

I've seen Fight Club but I can't remember a scene where he burns his fingerprints away. I do rememeber the scene with lye and vinegar though.

You can also sand off your fingerprints. I think it lasts for a week to a month and than they come back.

you could also get a match or a cigarette and burn your finger tips, thats what some cat burglars do.

similar shit happened to me a few years ago when i left some of my paint at a chill spot. the cops duted the cans and matched my prints on the computer. so they pulled me out of school a few times and questioned me but they couldn't do shit becuase just because your prints are on the cans they still didnt know what i painted and they couldnt prove that i had posession of the paint when the damage happened so i ended up getting my case dropped. so its safe to say nuthing is gonna happen to you

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by porque

...ps...wear gloves...

the only thing the gloves are good for is keeping paint off your hands. unless of course you wear them from the time you get the cans to the time you finish painting, or you wipe the cans when you're done.

^^...you're absolutely right...i should have clarified a little more...what i was going to say is that a finger print left with the paint color of the can from leakage or whatever is left on the can much more permanantly than just a grease fingerprint...it's also a lot more incriminating...in many jurisdictions it could even be viewed as evidence enough to get a search warrant that could get you charged...i just mentioned to 'wear gloves' as a general guidline, specifically aimed at younger less experienced writers...i was just too lazy to type all this the first time...

my speculations...2 cents and so on

they wont arrest you just to take the prints. they probably ask you to come over so you gotta say yeah im there and stay home touching your nuts playing nintendo. if they call you, dont answer, turn off the cell, don't be at home etc. when they call you next week tell them you got busy with a chick or something and couldnt come. just act lazy and passive and tell them you forgot and the car broke and all that.

the nasty part here is that if they've got a hyperventilating, psyched up caffeine-narc vandal squad with a secret registry of writers, you're now in it. depending on the naziness of your town/state, they might harrass you by stalking, taking photographs and trying to find out what you write. if they're just lazy cops with lotsa doughnuts to concentrate on they wont give a fuck about you in the long run. either way they got nothing yet

if you get searved for this then its your mouth that got you in trouble not your prints. a few kids already said it in this thread but i am gonna reinforce it...

for a solid arrest a cop would have to catch you out with the bag of paint and then pin you to some vandalism.

if you consider the proof hes got right now, its strongly in your favor because somebody elses cell-phone was found in the bag so more than likely, the owner of the cell phone is the owner of the bag and the paint within.

also, how many people do you think touched that spray paint before you got it? and how many of your buddies touched it since you've had the paint in your posession? all prints do is prove that you have hade contact with the cans as well as about 20 other people... maybe you borrowed some paint from a friend and then gave it back to him or maybe he borrowed it from you, that doesnt mean that you were out up to no good with the guy unless you tell someone you were.

just relax.

you could take the precaution of getting all your graf related gear and moving it to mates house. also to anyone else and for the future, when you chuck your cans, wipe them down with a cloth or your sleeve, all over the outside and the top and caps etc

this smudges the fingerprint and makes it a lot harder to lift a proper print. just a small precaution but it helps

peace