The Hospital Sucks, So I’m Going to 12oz.

Weapon X

Originally posted by nomadawhat

walk it off you fucking pussy!!

last time i sprained my ankle i was somewhat inebriated and thats what my friend told me. so i did. eneded walked around on it for the rest of the night not noticing it and when i took my shoe and sock off the shit was discolored and the size of a grapefruit.

did you wrap it and ice it and elevate it when it happened? try that now if not and see if it helps. wrap it in an ace bandage.

Pussy, eh? how about when I sprained it, I kept running from a van and a person running on foot through an area I’m not too familiar with. Believe me bud, I got away, after much sweat was expelled. This wasn’t a simple *landing awkward after grabbing the board; I was sprinting even after the sprain happened. I walk on it all the time, b. Even tonight, I had to traverse through mad rocks and boulders to get to the fishing spot.

I got home at 6:30 in the morning that day, but I did ice it the next day when it was piercing pain. I’m just concerned that it’s been this long and it’s still swollen. Like I said, I have some lingering injuries, but I want my ankle to get back to at least 90%.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

last time i fucked up my ankle, i bailed on this wallride and rolled it falling down this bank. it was swollen for like 2 and a half weeks or so and i went to the doctor and i had slipped my tendons in my foot over the bone. he just made this foot doctor crack my foot really loud and it was fixed..get the shit checked out fool.

Oh, btw, thanks for the advice, guys. I’ve deduced that I have to give it as much rest as I can, and maybe head into the walk-in clinic sometime in the near future.

No doubt I’m looking forward to some doc to snap my ankle in place. I love shit like that.

I'm not sure if this works internationally but it should since it's confidential and you don't need to give your health card number...

Here in Canada we have free health related information and questions answered from registered and trained nurses: 1-866-797-0000.

Telehealth Ontario. Great service.

Please update me if it works so I can spread word of this. I pay for it with my tax dollars and I would be glad to share it internationally. Health care and information should be free throughout the world.

as some one who has sprained their ankles many times, and have had a hairline fracture in one before....aint much the docs will be able to do...its like when u break a toe...there is so much daily interaction to it that it really just takes an incredibly long time to heal

the way that u seem to have sprained it...just do what u said u would do, give it rest. take some naproxin, or some muscle relaxer...and keep it elevated....all u need to do, and actually stress it a lil too. seems counterintuitive but does help. when i used to sprain mine playin basketball, i would play through it to keep it loose....works well, took me a while to learn how to do it, but ive got it to a science now...

I don’t know how to get those pharmaceuticals you mentioned, but I’m waiting on this fool to come by any minute so I can blaze.

I really do want to play through it, as you said, but it ain’t gonna happen just yet. My buddy is lucky, though. He sprains his ankles once a month, and he still plays all the time. I guess his sprains just aren’t as bad.

Archived