Neck Face

carslegs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by seeking

ok, now this is just getting retarded. i feel like i'm talking to a wall, but a cocky wall, that makes shit up just to be frustrating

Seems that way to me.

To answer the original question: Neckface amuses me in a "that's a funny idea" way that will get boring very quickly.

Guest imported_b0b

Carslegs, you know what really gives you away as an artfag type and not a writer? It is the word "progression" in you first sentence. Writers don't really care for progression, they care about style & getting up.

Originally posted by carslegs

I don't know if this has been posted (if it has I am sorry), but I am curious on how other people feel about his work and progression.

Okay, I can obviously see I'm outnumbered here and don't have enough people dangling from my wang to get some results here and that no matter what I say it will be brought back to the part where you think I'm hiding some secret agenda. I hope you can forgive me for be curious. That's all this really is. Who cares if I'm some art fag or some super graff head you all want to knob. It's all art and that's that. I hate to break it to you guys, but you're no better than Neck Face and vice versa. I just wanted some opinions and that was my one true intention. You ask what I hope to gain from my asking this. Not a damn thing. Like I said before it just satisfies a certain curiosity I have. You really did put me in my place, though. You rule dude!

if i work as a pipe fitter and i go into a pipe fitters union office, dressed like a pipe fitter, talking like a pipe fitter, and start asking some random questions that apply to the pipe fitting profession, the other pipe fitters would think 'ok, this is a pipe fitter wondering about how we handle business over here at local union 138.' however if a guy dressed kind of like a pipe fitter, and talking kind of like he was a pipe fitter, but all the while claiming he was a pipe fitter walks into the same pipe fitters union office and asks the same questions, the pipe fitters are going to be a bit curious as to why the guy is asking. they might be completely innocuous questions, but the fact that it's an outsider, pretending to be a pipe fitter makes it notable. is the guy a lawyer trying to gather information for a case? is he an anti-union guy? is the guy an accountant sick of working in a pussy ass profession, so he wants to change jobs and get his hands dirty but he's embaressed about his silky smooth skin so he throws on a pair of fresh-from-walmart work boots pulls a flanel out of the back of his closet and heads down to try his luck? all of these are understandable questions on the part of the pipe fitters and so their asking 'its cool you're taking an interest, but tell me, why are you interested?' is not surprising. its natural curiosity, especially in a profession that is constantly under attack.

you dont have to be a writer to post here, but you have to be honest about why you want to know, which you STILL have not done. you haven't bothered to come up with even a simple lie to try and appease us. sticking to this bullshit idea that 'just because' is going to passify us is obviously not working out too well for you. maybe you should try a different approach, like telling the full story. do you honestly think, after everything i've written, that despite your meager attempts pleas of innocence, i'm so god damn dumb that i don't know there is a motivating force behind your coming here? if i tell you 30 times i'm a 400 pound black woman, that doesn't make me one, no matter how many times i insult you for not believing me. if you had just said 'i'm just an artist interested in how people view folks that cross over from graff to more mainstream avenues' that would have been completely sufficent, but you didnt even do that. you kept playing dumb, which just made you look more and more suspect, and given the unlimited amount of time i have to sit at my desk each day wasting time, this seemed like a perfect outlet for my bordom.

and just since i feel like ranting a little bit more, but am bored of painting the same wall white over and over, you know what writers think about neck face? for the most part, we don't even know he exists. i spend all day long on the internet and until you posted those pictures, i'd never seen anything by him, ever. i'd heard the name, but only remembered it because of its (intended) ridiculousness. that should tell you something. in this medium where super stars are made over night, this guy is still relatively unknown outside of NY and i guess SF (which i had no idea he was up in, which just furthers my point). now that i do know who he is though, as stated earlier, i think he's a joke. ps mueller draws better characters with his toes(!!) than this guy does with his hands. if the art world is all on his dick, that just shows how fickle the art world is. a few years ago there was a kid on this site, patrick jilbert, he did stuff that looked EXACTLY like this stuff. crudely rendered low-brow art filled with low-brow humor. consolidated skateboards even used some of his stuff for their decks. was dude a good artist? hell no, he was a bored 18 year old kid with a bic pen and a notebook sitting in class. technically it sucked and conceptually it was trite as hell (just as neckface is). but people are fucking sheep and if they see something a thousand times, they'll start to think they need to have it so they can impress their friends when they come over for a cocktail party.

"oh my god, you got one of those crazy things by that guy...whats his name...ummm, neckbone or something? that stuff is soooooooo ugly! he had something on the door of my boyfriends apartment...it looked like a turkey without a head holding a flag, it was scary."

welcome to every conversation about every piece of art that this guy has ever done.

if he can get over and make money, fine, go for it. dupe the masses, but dont for a second think that he is duping the cats in the street that are putting in work. he isnt a writer, he's an artfag using the medium of graff as a quick ticket to fame, bypassing all the standard avenues of art such as 'talent' 'ethics' 'dedication' 'vision' 'effort' and 'sacrifice'. he just does some bullshit all over a city filled with sheep, then the sheep accept him as legitimate because they're familiar with him. but he's no more legitimate of an 'artist' than the Gap, or altoids, or anyone else that plasters their name around the city to sell a product.

so theres my answer. this isnt a case of progression, it's a case of regression. the art world can suck all the badly rendered dick it needs to, to feel like it's staying current, but there are a million kids doing work just like neck face in every junior high in america. they wear black, listen to slip knot and smoke cigarettes when their parents arent looking. they sit in dennys all night because they said they were staying at staceys, and stacey said she was staying at beckies, and so now they're drinking coffee and drawing on placemats with those shitty crayons that are more wax than pigment, discussing koRn lyrics and thinking they're breaking new ground. earth to mall-punks, i did that shti in 1992, and my friends brothers did it in 87. you're not new, you're not fresh, and joshua davis will, never, ever be your boyfriend, even if you get your stupid eyebrow pierced so you look just like him!

seeks/fuck art

It's good to know you have a lot of time also because I'm at school. You just don't seem to understand that my first post, and every post thereafter is and was completely honest. You seem to keep clinging on to the hope that I will break down and admit something. That's not going to happen. I'm not playing dumb. Curiosity is all. I guess that doesn't satisfy you and the rest of the writers on here who just can't comprehend that any person who doesn't have over 10,000 posts or wasn't a member since 2000 just might like to know stuff about your super-world. All I wanted was some views on Neck Face that I wasn't familiar with.

exagerating will get you no where my dear.

i think we might be making some headway now though. you are finally admitting that you not a writer, correct? so if you aren't a writer, i'm assuming you're an artist of some kind, right? what kind of stuff do you do? is it anything like neck faces work? what lead you here? if you're sitting in class, which school in fresno connects through aol? and starts at 7 in the morning? and what were you doing up at 3 in the morning posting on here, if you had to be at school in 4 hours?

the first couple questions were genuine, the last couple, obviously are accusatory (but with good reason).

why do things have to be so difficult with you carl?

Now you're getting into my business. I'm not going to tell you which school I attend. Also, If you must know, I have a horrible sleep schedule. Some nights I don't sleep at all. I hope that's not too suspect for you. I'm sure you always get your eight-a-day and chew 50 times, right? As for what kind of art I participate in, I don't know what you would call it. Some call it guerilla art, some street art. I wheat paste, I paint on wood pieces and nail them wherever I go. I paint on canvas, I draw in sketchbooks. I make zines. I do a lot of things. As far as I can tell I'm not being very difficult at all. I've gladly answered all your questions as honestly as I could and you, time and time again, accused me of playing dumb.

i wasnt actually asking what school you go to, i was more pointing out the fact that you are lying about being in class. no school connects through AOL, which every single one of your posts have been from (everyone's IP's are visible on my screen). so see, why you gotta be all shady? it just continues to throw everything into question and keeps the whole jueggernaut of doubt rolling along at a break neck pace.

and no, you still have not given me a sufficent answer as to why you care what we think. 'just because' you're 'curious' is not the final answer. you are curious because the answeres you'd collect from us would then be put to some sort of use. if someone is curious about something, there is a reason for their curiosity. you have constantly insisted that there is absolutely no reason what so ever that you want to know....which is impossible given the lengths youve gone through to ask your question.

so please, tell me a story about art and what you do, and how you view neck faces work, and why you feel that he is even worth discussing in the first place.

see, this is called 'having a discussion', it's how adults converse on a wide range of topics. you say something, then i say something in response, then you build off that and we both share our feelings and thoughts and ideas. it's almost like magic, but with less dragon scales and horn of winged toad.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by seeking

see, this is called 'having a discussion', it's how adults converse on a wide range of topics. you say something, then i say something in response, then you build off that and we both share our feelings and thoughts and ideas. it's almost like magic, but with less dragon scales and horn of winged toad.

Okay, Matlock. There's these things called laptops. They're like big computers only they're tiny. You can take them places that you can't take those big computers you keep in your office or house. I said I was at school. I never said I was in Biology on the schools non-AOL accepting computers. I thought I could keep doing this forever but I guess I can't. I'm not using the information for anything other than to fufill my curiosity (Yes, I know I'm lying, but it's true. Sorry.) I already told you how I viewed Neck Face as an artist. I find his gallery work amusing and I do enjoy it. However, I would not pay for it. His street work on the other hand seems to resemble Basquiat way too close. The reason I feel this is worth discussin since you must know the reasoning behind everything, is because as a street artist myself, I find it quite intriguing that he is getting this huge rep with little work. Anybody can write their moniker all over New York. Since New York is a huge graffiti mecca, I figured some of you guys on the board might've heard of him and I thought I'd ask your opinions just to see. I had no idea I was going to be accused of lying and trying to hide the real reason (which I have no idea what you think it might be) for me asking.

And one more thing. Is everone on this board a saver? You seem like a big boy to me and are doing just grand defending yourself. It really isn't neccessary for others to waste their time quoting you. I obviously can read. Instead of you guys hanging from Seeking's wang, try doing something productive.

The reason I feel this is worth discussin since you must know the reasoning behind everything, is because as a street artist myself, I find it quite intriguing that he is getting this huge rep with little work. Anybody can write their moniker all over New York. Since New York is a huge graffiti mecca, I figured some of you guys on the board might've heard of him and I thought I'd ask your opinions just to see.

see, thats all you had to say from the begining. just admit that you weren't a writer and you wanted our opinions and your thoughts behind it, so you would have a better understanding of how we viewed people like him, since obviously it would apply to how we also viewed people like you. see how heavily that differs from 'just cause'? had you posted that any of the first 7 times i asked, this would have ended two days ago.

as for you posting this from your little laptop in school, you're right, i do hate presenting myself as some e-detective, but since boredom is my boss, and i actually get paid for this shit, it leads me to all sorts of creative time killing endeavors. one of which is pointing out that if you are at school, on your laptop, you are either connecting wirelessly over your schools wi-fi system, or you are connecting through an ethernet port. theoretically i suppose you could also be connecting through dial up, but since very few mass phone systems have analog connections, that's very unlikely. so what that leaves us with is the fact that instead of simply connecting over your schools online provider, which all universities (and even many community colleges) have, you're bypassing that and also connecting with aol....which doesn't make a ton of sense.

what also does not make a ton of sense, is the fact that since 11am yesterday, you have not signed off aol once....which means somehow you went to class, came home, hung out, didn't sleep, got up, went to class again, all without ever closing the lid on your laptop and signing off of aol. that's kind of difficult to believe. you must either have a very long cord, or perhaps live in the boiler room. are either of those it? it's ok if you live in the boiler room, no shame in that. ever see real genius? lazlo lived down in the boiler room and he was smart as hell. he won almost all the prizes in the big sweepstakes!

so i know you're wondering by which path of super sluething did i come to such a conclusion? well, by the common knowledge that aol does not use static IP's, which means every single time you sign off and sign back on, you get a different IP. it's the reason aol users are more difficult to ban. you however, have had the same IP ever since your second post. veeeerrrryyyy sneaky.

and please stop trying to divert attention from yourself by discussing my 'wang'. my wang (and it's inhabitants) are entirely irrelivent.

I wasn't aware that before posting anything on this board I had to say "I am NOT a writer." At least I know for furture reference. For your information I have signed off AOL a few times since 11am yesterday. I don't know anything about IP addresses but I do know I still have no reason to lie about anything. If you wish to believe I haven't signed off since 11am yesterday, then be my guest.

i'm just telling you the FACT that aol assigns a new IP address every time you sign off and sign back on. it's this fact that causes us serious problems with banning aol users, because even if we block their IP, all they have to do is sign off, sign back on, and they've got a new one.

if you'd like to pretend that you're somehow an exception to the laws of the e-universe, then ok.

as for you not beign a writer, you don't have to state it, but when i ask you flat out, 5 times, if you are, and you keep avoiding the question, it makes you look very suspicious.

actually, given the fact that you are nothing but a useless pain in the fucking ass who can't even attempt to contribute anything that even resembles something that might appear to be worthwhile on any level, on behalf of myself, my wang and all of those aboard it, please go the fuck away.

Well, well, well. Mr. Fucking Fantastic tried to uncover some no-good, non-graffiti, average Joe's evil plan to ask a question and get an answer. Excuse the fuck out of me for not knowing every "e-thing" I need to know in order to not come across as a very suspicious spy. You're a complete idiot and you've proven that to me in every single one of your posts. Keep trying to hide behind the fact that you need to look out for everyone on the board. Half of you motherfuckers don't even do anything worth mentioning. As much as it hurts your huge fucking ego, you tried to prove me wrong and just couldn't do it. You know why, you stupid piece of shit? Because I was telling the truth from the very beginning. How about you stop trying to be a fucking super hero. Bitch.

carl, did you know that 75% of people in prison are innocent? just ask them. did you know that 100% of palestinians are suicide bombers? just ask anyone in israel. did you know that we went to iraq to free an oppressed people? it's true, i heard it on fox. did you know that i'm a 400 pound black woman named ruth? it's true (you stupid motherfucking cock sucking bitch).

just stop homeboy. pretending like this isn't happening isn't fooling anyone.

sticks and stones may break bones, but calling me names doesnt make you any less of a sucker.

i took the liberty of finding a couple sites you might enjoy more than ours. have fun

DIY revolution

1" pins

stencil graffiti

stecil revolution

Game over. You lost. There's nothing you or any of your cool pals can say to change that. Your facts are cute and so are your sites, but maybe next time you can win an argument.

P.S. I wish I knew how to incorporate numbers into words. That shit is hot right now.

Game over. You lost. There's nothing you or any of your cool pals can say to change that. Your facts are cute and so are your sites, but maybe next time you can win an argument.

the best site on the internet, that i didnt bother to link you to yet, is google. with it, you can find just about anything you're looking for. it makes arguing on the internet a snap, because the facts are alays at your fingertips.

facts are sweet (not cute).

"Dynamic IP Address - Comes from a pool of IP addresses and is assigned at network connection time (i.e. when user connects to Internet). Any available IP address can be used. Changes often...The reason is because AOL dynamically assigns IP addresses to each user as they logon and/or while they are surfing.

In a perfect world, each computer would have one static IP address assigned to it. Just like each person has one static name given at birth to officially identify them. However; just like people, a computer can change it's identity or take on different aliases and switch back and forth between them. AOL takes advantage of this which in turn requires them to have less IP addresses. "

"Requesting DHCP computers receive a dynamic IP address (think temporary phone number) for the duration of that Internet session or for some other specified amount of time. Once the user disconnects from the Internet, their dynamic IP address goes back into the IP address pool so it can be assigned to another user. Even if the user reconnects immediately, odds are they will not be assigned the same IP address from the pool. To keep our telephone telephone analogy going, using a dynamic IP address is similar to using a pay phone. Unless there is a reason to receive a call, the user does not care what number he or she is calling from. "

Ding ding ding, Def weighs in.

Although I dislike you very much seeking, I have quite enjoyed reading your slightly paranoid rantings.

As you may or may not recall, I do thoroughly enjoy semi inteligent net beef and this is most definatly a previously undiscoved hotbed.

(stensilism 04) , (the matrix thread 03).

To answer carlegs's question:

What fuckin progression?

This guy (as previously stated by someone else) is just riding a clearly identified bandwagon named by the art world as 'street art' , This being distinctly different from 'Hiphop graffiti' will die about as quickly as hypercolour tshirts did in the late '80s, due to a clear lack of substance.

I am aware that within post modernism an emphisis on technique is not so nessacary but this is generaly balanced with comment of some kind.

This is where 'street art' fails, it seems to place a much higher emphisis on trends and fashion, which arguably could validate its removal from the realm of fine art completly, so then what? We as (for the lamen) 'hiphop based graffiti writers' generaly see this 'street art' as rubbish and want nothing to do with it. Why? because it has consistantly borrowed from us and not given anything in return. Why is that? because it does not adhere to the same idealisms as a writer.

Street art is like graffitis gumpy little brother who only wants to ride the scooter because he see's big brother graffiti having fun on it.

Where does that leave little old Neckface at the end of the day?

Discarded by trendy art types and laughed at then forgoten by writers.

Def.

Oh an anyone who replies "I wheat paste" after asked what they do is an honaray DUFUS!

Archived