NOMAK GFK... graffitiforkids.com

Nomaq

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sake:Mad respect to all the real heads around the world, maintaining against all odds and doing what you love regardless of what others say. No respect to legal piecers because you ain't shit, you are just artists who lack the graff part, the illegal part, the real part, the part that 99 percent of the world does not respect, stick to museums and art expos. If you want to do legal walls fine but don't think you are a writer because you do them, they don't count for anything, you risk nothing doing a million legal walls. Doing legal walls you get your mom and grandmas respect and everyone else who do not understand real graffiti. What is so hard about sitting at your house all day drawing then going out and saying excuse me sir can I please paint on your wall with my pretty drawing. It is different if you see a legal wall by someone who actually has put their mark on the city but a piece by someone who hasn't done shit illegal doesn't do anything for me These people are too scared to bomb or got caught and gave up or people who think if they bomb that it will just get buffed or crossed, then they don't realize that it is all part of the game. It is cool if you do your share of bombing or you have bombed for years and cant bomb any more by all means do legal walls but if you just do legal walls or freights in a bush or a forest somewhere with no sign of civilization please do not call your self a writer a REAL GRAFF WRITER IS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT......

last words from SAKE HYH interview

visualorgasm.com

Originally posted by icetray@Oct 28 2004, 01:03 AM

Sake:Mad respect to all the real heads around the world, maintaining against all odds and doing what you love regardless of what others say. No respect to legal piecers because you ain't shit, you are just artists who lack the graff part, the illegal part, the real part, the part that 99 percent of the world does not respect, stick to museums and art expos. If you want to do legal walls fine but don't think you are a writer because you do them, they don't count for anything, you risk nothing doing a million legal walls. Doing legal walls you get your mom and grandmas respect and everyone else who do not understand real graffiti. What is so hard about sitting at your house all day drawing then going out and saying excuse me sir can I please paint on your wall with my pretty drawing. It is different if you see a legal wall by someone who actually has put their mark on the city but a piece by someone who hasn't done shit illegal doesn't do anything for me These people are too scared to bomb or got caught and gave up or people who think if they bomb that it will just get buffed or crossed, then they don't realize that it is all part of the game. It is cool if you do your share of bombing or you have bombed for years and cant bomb any more by all means do legal walls but if you just do legal walls or freights in a bush or a forest somewhere with no sign of civilization please do not call your self a writer a REAL GRAFF WRITER IS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT......

last words from SAKE HYH interview

visualorgasm.com

hmmmmmmmmm thats not a completely biased statement...... :yuck:

what about all the graff-influenced artists who do legal pieces regardless of the fact that "99 percent" of other graff artists do not respect it? as well as the majority of the arrogant public who just blindly believe that anything done with a spraycan is not art? how about you just paint because its simply what you like to do, regardless of where your doing it, permission or not permission who the fuck cares. if u do it without permission it makes it that much cooler. i personally still feel that bombing is just a waste of my paint and time. going out and risking getting caught and becoming more in debt for what? FAME! like i say if im going to risk my rights to get attention than i at least want to make some kind of a statement out of it, which is why i like political graffiti so much. to me i honestly feel like just focusing on bombing all the time is immature, especially when you never seem to get better at painting. kind of like girls who have no real hobbies and dress up in revealing clothes to bring attention to themselves but then get pissed off when sumbody calls them a whore. when your just going around writing a fuckin word all over the place, any fuckin moron can do that! i expect other writers to flame on me plenty for saying that. i've yet to see anybody reply to me saying this with something actually worth really reading tho. what im saying doesn't mean i dont have respect for writers who have their name EVERYWHERE you go, but if 70 percent of the shit i see "everywhere i go" by them looks like shit than i just view it as vandalism.

and for the record im not an all legal writer. i like painting under bridges where other writers go and wutnot. i just dont like bombing, if im gonna put up something for the public to see i want it to be making some kind of statement. and fuck lamar willis!

Originally posted by Spike@Oct 28 2004, 11:38 AM

This thread amuses me

You can't take that attitude until you've paid your dues

what attitude is that? and what dues are those you are supposed to pay? if this statement was directed at me. i'd say me gettin up as a toy writer back in the day and gettin my shit dissed all the time would be payin my dues. i never once got pissed off or tried to start beef with a single writer that used to go over my work back when i sucked. sure i did get annoyed, but i just sucked it up and got better. what other dues am i supposed to pay? im supposed to do a domb on teh side of the freeway or sumthin to be cool?

Originally posted by deceipt+Oct 28 2004, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deceipt - Oct 28 2004, 11:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Spike@Oct 28 2004, 11:38 AM

This thread amuses me

....... what other dues am i supposed to pay? im supposed to do a domb on teh side of the freeway or sumthin to be cool?

[/b]

Not to be cool. But to be a real graff writer.

Graffiti by it's definition is illegal. So if it's a legal spot.....it's called a mural.

No matter how cool it looks nothing beets the real deal.

Originally posted by PAID:one+Oct 28 2004, 06:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PAID:one - Oct 28 2004, 06:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by deceipt@Oct 28 2004, 11:16 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Spike@Oct 28 2004, 11:38 AM

This thread amuses me

....... what other dues am i supposed to pay? im supposed to do a domb on teh side of the freeway or sumthin to be cool?

Not to be cool. But to be a real graff writer.

Graffiti by it's definition is illegal. So if it's a legal spot.....it's called a mural.

No matter how cool it looks nothing beets the real deal.

[/b]

i agree with you completely. an all legal graff writer is more like a graffiti influenced artist. i paint illegally every so often. but i havent gone out bombing since i was considered a juvenile. my problem with alot of graff writers is that alot of them (not all) are very inconsiderate and disrespectful to private property (taggin a car or something of that nature) and alot of graff writers cant even respect each other. ITS PATHETIC! graff artists are a true minority. where is the brotherhood!? too many kids let the competition of the artform go to their heads. and its beyond pathetic. and to say "no respect to all the legal writers, cuz you aint shit" is an extremely arrogant thing to say. i respect all art if it has a drive behind it rather than to make money or gain fame. thanks for not being all like "well your a stupid toy blah blah blah" its stupid how sumbody will say "you have no talent with a spraycan" just because they disagree with sumthing i said.

Originally posted by onesecondple@Oct 28 2004, 12:26 PM

yeah, i have a real problem with some "writers" in the same sense here, Its implied that markin on cars, houses, and thing of that nature, churches, even though it is illegal, is off limits...

Yup. Idustrial and commercial districts are the main viens in my city. Fuck hittin cars, houses and churches. There's a million spots on any main street to hit.

Archived