Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PIECING in BOSTON

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest twofish

When i referred to Set One, i was talking about this raver kid that weighs about 120 pounds because he's so fucked up from his drugs. The set i was referring to showed me copied sketches of ewok pieces and in no way would anyone be afraid to tell him he's a biter. So i know we're talking about different Sets..

ok...

The kid your talking about is not SET1. If thats what he said to you then he must not be from Boston...or is way 2 fucked up on drugs to realize that someone else has been writing that name for years in Boston.

Trust me.....if you ran into the Real Set from Boston you would not walk away from him saying that he bites......nor would you say that smack to his face....you would get crushed......

MISSION HILL, Boston,Ma.

Graffiti vandal, victims meet

By Ric Kahn, Globe Staff, 10/7/2001

asmin Ruiz, a 20-year-old student at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, wore a brown top over a maroon T-shirt, sneakers, and a backpack.

That night at Mission Church, he also wore a scarlet V - figuratively speaking. V for vandal. Graffiti vandal.

Ruiz anxiously arose before members of the Mission Hill crime committee and others packed into the church basement on the last Thursday of September, and satisfied an unusual piece of his court sentence. In July, after admitting spray-painting a building with his street name, ''prime,'' Ruiz was ordered by a Roxbury District Court judge to help remove his tag from the streets; tutor middle-school students in French, his native tongue; write the neighborhood an apology letter; and atone in front of his victims.

''I'm here to apologize for tagging the Roxbury Crossing Condominium building,'' Ruiz solemnly began, flanked by his lawyer, as required by the court. ''I'd just like to say that I didn't do it to deface the property or to cause anybody harm.''

People had urgently slid into folding chairs that evening - about 50 of them, including police officers, a woman with a cane, and a man with breathing tubes in his nose - to view Ruiz.

''I'd just like to say that I'm in art school, and I wouldn't want to call graffiti art, because I'm sure a lot of people disagree with that,'' Ruiz continued. He had scratched his thoughts on paper five minutes before he arrived, but he spoke without them, for one minute. ''I like to draw, I like to paint. That's why I went to art school. It was in that ... idea that I did the graffiti.''

Assistant Suffolk district attorney Yaw Gyebi Jr. had made the Paris native's appearance a condition of his plea agreement after residents said they'd wanted Ruiz to see that he and other graffiti vandals, including his codefendant roommate, Matthew Goldstein, had not only left marks on neighborhood buildings, they'd also left lines - of concern - on people's faces.

''Putting graffiti on somebody else's property risks their lives,'' Bill Browning, 78, told Ruiz during a 45-minute question-and-answer session. ''I always try and go out and cover the graffiti within hours after I discover it. Sometimes that means I go out on ice. My bones are fragile.''

A cross-current of emotions swirled throughout the room. Some believed Ruiz's exhibition of remorse would stop other vandals. Others were dubious. One woman thought the scene was overkill, and emphasized it was not a murder case. Others thought it cheesy, and felt Ruiz should be cleaning toilets. Some questioned his character. Others looked into his eyes, and said they saw something true.

''I will absolutely not do it again,'' Ruiz concluded.

''God bless you,'' Margarida Freitas Stanton, 70, later said from the audience. As she made peace with Ruiz, his stoic lips finally curled into a smile.

This story ran on page 3 of the Boston Globe's City Weekly section on 10/7/2001.

© Copyright 2001 Globe Newspaper Company.

Guest KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL wishes to take time to recognize the fact that while KEM5 is a friend, decent human, and not too shabby of a painter, he 1. is NOT from Boston, though he may live there now, 2. openly, (and rightly so) tells people and magazines that he is not a good reprezentation of boston(check the graphotism with the 3A interview...) and 3. is hardly what Boston has been about.

no offense KEM.

I know who did the eyeballs, and the question marks, and the pills (along with the angels), but im wondering if posting it would be bad considering the fact that some people never got pinned for them....

WHATAJERK? any thoughts on that?

Guest sleepytime

is this one of the same kids that, when caught, was like 'my art is beautiful and i'm never gonna stop tagging' ??? the kids that wore ski masks and bombed apartments??? they were fuckin retarded.

i dont think that posting the fliks would get anyone pinched or bring any heat, it gives all this boston talk some context.

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL wishes to take time to recognize the fact that while KEM5 is a friend, decent human, and not too shabby of a painter, he 1. is NOT from Boston, though he may live there now, 2. openly, (and rightly so) tells people and magazines that he is not a good reprezentation of boston(check the graphotism with the 3A interview...) and 3. is hardly what Boston has been about.

no offense KEM.

Hmmm, if the dude himself shies away from that sort of representation and people still mention him in that way, then mine is probably a lost cause. Getting kids to focus on people that really are part of the Boston tradition might be impossible. Not that there are that many candidates actually left in the city anymore...

Good to see KEM sees things with some insight, though.

I know who did the eyeballs, and the question marks, and the pills (along with the angels), but im wondering if posting it would be bad considering the fact that some people never got pinned for them....

WHATAJERK? any thoughts on that?

If I remember correctly all of the icon/ writer pairings above have been mentioned on Steelo. Which was undoubteldy more closely followed by Nancy O and her network than this place. I wouldn't sweat it too bad. Statue of limitations as well.

Then again, if she's going to read anything on this board it would be a thread with Boston in the subject line.

------- still writes he was at my party and he slipped and said somthing about writtin and i asked him and he said --------but i did not belive him and asked him to do a hand so he did and it rock hard to think that such an ill writter was at my house.. So yes he does still write but not -------...

Mr...DUEONE :mexican:

EDITED FOR CONTENT.

if homeboy changed his name, it's probably for a reason. THE LAW doesn't know the situation, but let the writer in question decide what info he wants broadcast on the internet,not you.

Guest serpent of the light

motha fuckin 10 yard fight is from boston. yeah, they win, or won i should say

xxx303

Guest GoBiloe

target!!!!

vault!!!!

back: he may have an abrasive personality, but i like his pieces. not "old school" though

flush

cayper

monk: hate on homey if you will, i met him and he's a good guy. HM crew is good people.

kurse!!!!

bare ass

aves

opiate's ok... fairly original

Originally posted by Get Stoopid!

Let's hear a little something about 138, pleeze. . . ?

We (FLOE) had beef with them i guess at one point. i dont even know where it came form. i cant say im a huge fan of the crew in a general sense but there are a few kids. HISTO is a cool cool cat and its like that...other than that, there are some new kids with drive, and hopefully they turn heads in time.

i like one thirthy eight stuff but they have never been piecers. i have only seen pieces from taint and histo.

and that whole FLOE and 138 beef story is ridiculous, if ya ever hear about it.

Yeh I painted with this dude ego a few times and it was quite fun, and a 138 newjack who dropped out of my life when I dropped the other crew we were in. It struck me that 138 was in general definately nothing to write home about when it came to piecing, but definately up.

what ever happend to dune(floe). i went to school with him.

even though i didnt really know him hewas an inspiration..

Guest hipnos
Originally posted by 12345

i like one thirthy eight stuff but they have never been piecers. i have only seen pieces from taint and histo.

i've also seen some pieces by kraze, ecaps, 1 by zoom, ego, but yeah, i've seen a lot more bombing and tagging than piecing.

Guest massivefunk

i dont know but, hipnos you suck kid

thats what i know

ugly ass hipnos shit, yuck

Guest hipnos

hey thanks dude!! i'm glad i'm living up to your standards! and what, pray tell, do you write, hmmmm??

hugs and kisses!

Guest massivefunk

awwww its hipnos in the flesh yuck

boy lemme tell ya, you be sucking up and down the street

Guest GoBiloe
Originally posted by massivefunk

awwww its hipnos in the flesh yuck

boy lemme tell ya, you be sucking up and down the street

who the fuck are you? or if you're a pussy, keep hiding behind your computer, you stupid shit.

JET WHY ARE YOU SOOO TOY?

its the unfamous jet#437. dont worry about him, hes jealous cuz u got more spots on the pike than him, and thought of a few ideas hes too dumb to think up. by the way jet, im not monoe, fuck, i dont even write anymore, but monoe is going to find you, and when he does, watch out...

word to hipnos ripping walls and thinkin up shit on the pike (sigh, too bad one of those didnt work out for me)... fuck the haters hating in any event.

other dudes whose pieces i feel include and are by no means limited to Aves Melo Bare -- and the Rate shits Ive seen were burning.

yepyepboston.