Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
justjedd

Art Crimes tips.. & fat caps?

Sorry, I couldn't decide if this belonged here or in the yard.. I'm sure the 12oz boys won't like the subject anywhoo.

So, did anyone else see that ArtCrimes started selling caps? It seems (to me) that they have fair prices. I usually get caps for free off of friends.. *SHRUGS* Check it out :

http://www.artcrimes.com/wam/index.html

On that note.. it's cool that they tell you which cans they work on (a first I've seen) but I wish they said the differences in flow or what have you. Can someone here tell me, of the fat caps on there, which are the best (or, biggest I should say)? Does anyone know where else to get REALLY bib tips? Like the kind they use in DirtyHands to pull off those whole cars..

-> Jedd

there caps arent that cheap $14 for 50 of the german jumbo caps and and all the other german caps other sites have the sames caps for $9 for 50

Guest Remy Martin

plus that site is the core of the internet graffiti culture. its a incredible service done and Susan and Bret are super cool. So help em out and pay their prices.

and if you need european caps that bad, chances are your either stocked in european paint or in europe..soft balls, rustos, and phantoms is all you need.

Survey Says....

No one cares, we all asses and will get our caps when and however we please. Should have posted this under one of the three hundred threads for caps. someone give this the boot.:cool:

Guest Remy Martin

fuck that, artcrimes deserves the profit.

Guest wakassOATH

thats true art crimes does deserve it

i also like how they seel them in 500s usally when i buy caps i want to get some freinds in on it 100 is too little and 1000 are too much

The reason why I posted this here was because, I as well, feel that Susan and Brett are extremely important people (in the world of net graffiti at least). I've never met them, but I have spoken with Susan online before and they seem like very decent, deserving people. This doesn't mean that they are the ONLY ones that deserve it tho.. I don't know anything about any of the other companies selling tips.

Also, I posted a separate topic because I wanted to know about Fat tips and especially those sold on AC.

It seems like there is a lot of misunderstanding on the internet these days... *sighs*

-> Jedd

get caps from beatbreaks.com they have the best prices i've found over the net. props to artcrimes for the descriptions. most sites dont get into it that much.

-cdz $0.02

We need your support

The facts:

* Art Crimes is selling caps finally, and we're doing it as cheaply as we can and still make a buck.

* We're doing this because we are desperate to keep our site online, along with the 50 other sites we host on graffiti.org

* It costs us about $700 per month to pay for the bandwidth we use, at wholesale rate.

* I've been paying that money out of my own pocket for a long long time. I can't do that forever, so AC needs to be self-supporting soon.

So we really need your support to keep doing what we do. No offense to the other sites who sell caps, but we think we offer more to the graffiti community than most sites do, and we've been doing it for 7 years at great cost to ourselves in terms of time and money.

If you want to see us stay online, along with sites like Daim, Lokiss, the site formerly known as Digital Jungle (Location 12), Eyegasm, Seak, Neck, Sins, Wow123, Escape Melbourne, Giant, etc etc, then please vote with your cap dollars.

We'll have some variety packs soon so you can try out all the kinds.

Thank you!

Susan

Art Crimes

http://www.graffiti.org/wam

word to susan. everyone should really think about what she said. she offers a lot to the graff community online.

-cdz $0.02

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

some mod needs to throw this on the post-it note status and sticky this jawn...

amex

Hmm. I didn't even know we don't take AmEx, because we use PayPal and can only accept what they accept. I have no clue why they don't, because they don't say. I know AmEx has been nasty to merchants for the last several years though, and I stopped using my AmEx card simply because it was being accepted less and less and it charged me more and more.

The good news is that you don't have to have a credit card at all to use PayPal. You can use your checking account or your ATM/debit card ("check card").

When it is simply impossible to do it any other way (for instance you are in a country that PayPal doesn't support or you have AmEx card only) we can accept payment in the form of an amazon.com gift certificate instead of cash. Drop me a line at winsom@graffiti.org if you want to arrange to do that. Tell me what you want to buy and I'll explain the process. It's easy.

Thanks again for your support, moral and otherwise.

Peace,

Susan

man! that's a lot of euro caps! the can descriptions are a teriffic idea, but descriptions would be nice too.

what's the diff in line quality between german outlines, grey blackdots and bluedots? does the paint flow modulate the same?

similarly, how are orangedots and pinkdots different?

justjedd- the biggest cap i've used is a carborator cleaner cap. i believe it's just normal cap without the face inserted, but since i've never pulled the face out of a stock cap i dont really know. i do know that they put out a LOT of paint but it's not a very tight flow (obviously) and it's also the loudest of any cap ive heard. one can blow through cans so fast using those...

alright i'm out to liberate some rusto&krylon from their respective containers. peace kids.

Cap comparisons

Cap info:

I'm buildin a FAQ now. Here's what we've got so far. It doesn't cover all permutations, so please feel free to send me some more facts. I'll try to find out more about blues and greys in the coming weeks, then post the FAQ on Art Crimes.

Comparison as follows:

(cans held at a distance of 6" from surface)

Krylon:

German fatcap: Approx: 3 1/2" in diameter

Orangedot fatcap: Approx: 5 1/2" in diameter

Pinkdot fatcap: Approx: 6" in diameter

Belton:

German fatcap: Approx: 2 1/2" in diameter

Orangedot fatcap: Approx: 4" in in diameter

Pinkdot fatcap: Approx: 4" in in diameter

Montana:

German fatcap: Approx: 4" in diameter

Orangedot fatcap: Approx: 5" in in diameter

Pinkdot fatcap: Approx: 7" in in diameter

Rust-Oleum: (# The following caps are NOT recommended for use on Rust-Oleum as bleeding occurs. We recommend the "Rust-o" fatcap)

German fatcap: Approx: 2 1/2" in diameter

Orangedot fatcap: Approx: 3" in in diameter

Pinkdot fatcap: Approx: 3" in in diameter

Thin, thinner, what's the best?

The greydots are thinner than the German Outlines. But they may block faster because they are thinner..It is always best to turn the can up side down after use and spray until their is no paint left and just the gas is coming out.

Grey blackdots are mainly used for outlines. They are also excellent for fading colors. They have a soft spray. If you want to be really tricky, you can use them to get a spatterly finer line. A technique used for painting characters in Europe and Australia.

Compatibility?

The cap that is most comparable to the Montana paint is the " German Outline (N150)" It should be noted that Montana do use different caps on their cans from time to time.. Whereas the Beltons come with the same stock cap each time.

--

Thank you!

Susan

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

sue & brett:

if there was a lifetime acheivement award for graffiti, i would nominate the two of you

in fact, fuck it.

im nominating you anyways

:)

thanks

peace

~Dee El

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this