"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas"

TheoHuxtable

yeah, but the white man still gets the job without having to try 7x's as hard, so it's all fun and games.

it's the difference between making racist jokes within your multi-racial group of friends, and walking into a convenience store and calling the clerk a 'dumb chink'. when its your friends you know its harmless and means nothing. making fun white people is the same way. we're still on top no matter how many jokes bernie mack makes.

i know it's not limited to this game, i know society as a whole is jacked, but theres something different about this. i cant put my finger on it, but it's not soul plane or booty call (which i of course think is fucking disgusting as well).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t get this game until tomorrow, after I’m done with school.

Seeking, did you know Chuck D is a DJ in the game? Also, MC Eiht plays a character. DJ Pooh was a consultant, as far as gang behaviour and some other things.

I hear what you’re saying to an extent, but you have to realize that the “yo nigga this, yo nigga that” thing was the ‘thing’ back then. Also, the white cop/black cop stereotype will probably be going on, too, with Samuel L. Jackson playing Officer Tenpenny.

This whole series has been based on stereotypes, be it racial, sexual, economical, or even (pop) cultural. But you can also fuck a hooker, kill her by burning her to a crisp, then rob her money. I couldn’t give a shit about some curse words and fried chicken eating, which a lot of black people are into, no doubt.

Oh, I didn’t read your second post. Well, ignorance is everywhere, and I have a feeling that this game has more morals than some public school teachers might.

And Tesseract, you’ve got the whole thing about Tom Clancy games wrong. Those games are actually damn incredible. You should try them. I’d recommend either Splinter Cell or Rainbow Six 3.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Weapon X@Oct 26 2004, 12:28 PM

And Tesseract, you’ve got the whole thing about Tom Clancy games wrong. Those games are actually damn incredible. You should try them. I’d recommend either Splinter Cell or Rainbow Six 3.

I played them all, i enjoy shooting peoples faces off just the same as the next guy but have you ever paid attention to the scenaria on the beggining of each game?...anyway, fuck it.

LINK

11:19

Last week Rockstar released teasing little snippets of San Andreas' soundtrack. Today they've rammed the whole, huge track listing into our ears and we're still reeling from the aural pleasure.

And with the game hitting shelves in the US today and our desks this very morning(the rest of Europe has to wait until Friday), details about Hollywood and music stars lending their voices to the game are beginning to flood forth. As we reported yesterday Samuel L Jackson plays corrupt cop Frank Tenpenny, with Reservoir Dogs' Chris Penn as his spitting sidekick.

James Woods plays a major character, 60's hippie icon Peter Fonda plays a blessed-out space cadet, Ice-T plays a vicious rap producer and everyone's favourite chubby mad-fer-it Mancunian Shaun Ryder plays, well, himself really.

There's a long list of additional Hollywood talent like William Fichtner from Heat (he returns as poodle-permed Vice City lawyer Ken Rosenburg), Debi Mazar, Traffic's Clifton Collins Jr., Black and White's Bijou Phillips, Young Guns' Casey Siemaszko, The Big Hit's China Chow, Charlie Murphy from The Dave Chappelle Show, Faizon Love from Fear of a Black Hat, and Clifton Powell and MC Eiht from seminal 90s gangsta film Menace II Society.

Other rappers making appearances are Kid Frost, Yo-Yo (she plays CJ's sister), and The Game voices a rival gang member.

Even the radio stations are packed out with A-list vocal talent from the world of music. Axl Rose plays K-DST rock DJ Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith, Playback FM has Chuck D playing Forth Right MC as it's host, Sly and Robbie team up to host K-JAH, funk station Bounce FM has George Clinton as it's DJ and American comedian Andy Dick is the voice behind WC Talk Radio.

Unbelievable. While you digest that meaty stack of celebrity voices browse San Andreas' full track listing and imagine the tunes in your ears as you pull a drive-by on some Balla punks down Idlewood way.

BOUNCE FM

DJ: "The Funktipus" voiced by George Clinton

1. Zapp "I Can Make You Dance"

2. Kool & The Gang "Hollywood Swingin'"

3. Ohio Players "Love Rollercoaster"

4. Rick James "Cold Blooded"

5. Maze "Twilight"

6. Fatback "Yum Yum"

7.The Isley Brothers "Between the Sheets"

8. Ronnie Hudson "West Coast Poplock"

9. Lakeside "Fantastic Voyage"

10. George Clinton "Loopzilla"

11. Dazz Band "Let It Whip"

12. Cameo "Candy"

13. Ohio Players "Funky Worm"

14. MFSB "Love Is The Message"

15. Johnny Harris "Odyssey"

16. Roy Ayers "Running Away"

17. The Gap Band "You Dropped A Bomb On Me"

RADIO LOS SANTOS

DJ: Julio G as himself

1. Too Short "The Ghetto"

2. 2 Pac "I Don't Give a F***"

3. Compton's Most Wanted "Hood Took Me Under"

4. Dr. Dre "Nuthin' But A "G" Thang"

5. Dr. Dre "F*** Wit Dre Day"

6. Dr. Dre "Deep Cover"

7.Kid Frost "La Raza"

8. Cypress Hill "How I Could Just Kill a Man"

9. The D.O.C. "It's Funky Enough"

10. NWA "Alwayz Into Somethin'"

11. NWA "Express Yourself"

12. Ice Cube "It Was a Good Day"

13. Ice Cube "Check Yo Self (The Message Remix)"

14. Eazy-E "Eazy-Er Said Than Dunn"

15. Above The Law "Murder Rap"

16. Da Lench Mob "Guerillas in Tha Mist"

PLAYBACK FM

DJ: Forth Right MC voiced by Chuck D

1. Kool G Rap & DJ Polo "Road to the Riches"

2. Big Daddy Kane "Warm It Up Kane"

3. Spoonie Gee "The Godfather"

4. Masta Ace "Me & The Biz"

5. Slick Rick "Children's Story"

6. Public Enemy "Rebel Without a Pause"

7.Eric B. & Rakim "I Know You Got Soul"

8. Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock "It Takes Two"

9. Gang Starr "B.Y.S"

10. Biz Markie "The Vapors"

11. Brand Nubian "Brand Nubian"

12. Ultramagnetic MC's "Critical Beatdown"

CSR 103.2

DJ: Philip "PM" Michaels voiced by Michael Bivins (The "Biv" from BellBivDevoe)

1. SWV "I'm So Into You"

2. Soul II Soul "Keep On Movin"

3. Samuelle "So You Like What You See"

4. En Vogue "My Lovin' (Never Gonna Get It)"

5. Johnny Gill "Rub You The Right Way

6. Ralph Tresvant "Sensitivity"

7.Guy "Groove Me"

8. Aaron Hall "Don't Be Afraid"

9. Boyz II Men "Motownphilly"

10. Bell Biv Devoe (BBD) "Poison"

11. Today "I Got The Feeling"

12. Wreck-N-Effect "New Jack Swing"

13. Bobby Brown "Don't Be Cruel"

MASTERSOUNDS 98.3

DJ: Johnny "The Love Giant" Parkinson voiced by Ricky Harris

1. Charles Wright "Express Yourself"

2. Maceo & The Macks "Cross The Tracks (We Better Go Back)"

3. Harlem Underground Band "Smokin' Cheeba Cheeba"

4. The Chakachas "Jungle Fever"

5. Bob James "Nautilus"

6. Booker T & The MG's "Green Onions"

7.The Blackbyrds "Rock Creek Park"

8. Bobby Byrd "Hot Pants"

9. Bobby Byrd "I Know You Got Soul"

10. James Brown "Funky President"

11. James Brown "The Payback"

12. Lyn Collins "Think About It'

13. Lyn Collins "Rock Me Again And Again"

14. Maceo & The Macks "Soul Power 74"

15. The J.B.'s "Grunt"

16. War "Low Rider"

17. Gloria Jones "Tainted Love"

18. Sir Joe Quarterman "(I Got) So Much Trouble In My Mind"

K-DST

DJ: Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith voiced by W. Axl Rose

1. Foghat "Slow Ride"

2. Creedence Clearwater Revival "Green River"

3. Heart "Barracuda"

4. Kiss "Strutter"

5. Toto "Hold The Line"

6. Rod Stewart "Young Turks"

7.Tom Petty "Running Down A Dream"

8. Joe Cocker "Woman to Woman"

9. Humble Pie "Get Down To It"

10. Grand Funk Railroad "Some Kind of Wonderful"

11. Lynyrd Skynyrd "Free Bird'

12. America "A Horse With No Name"

13. The Who "Eminence Front"

14. Boston "Smokin'"

15. David Bowie "Somebody Up There Likes Me"

16. Eddie Money "Two Tickets To Paradise"

17. Billy Idol "White Wedding"

K-JAH WEST

DJ's: Marshall Peters voiced by Lowell "Sly" Dunbar

Johnny Lawton voiced by Robert "Robbie" Shakespeare

1. Black Harmony "Don't let It Go To Your Head"

2. Blood Sisters "Ring My Bell"

3. Shabba Ranks "Wicked Inna Bed"

4. Buju Banton "Batty Rider"

5. Augustus Pablo "King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown"

6. Dennis Brown "Revolution"

7.Willie William "Armagideon Time"

8. I Roy "Sidewalk Killer"

9. Toots & The Maytals "Funky Kingston"

10. Dillinger "Cocaine In My Brain"

11. The Maytals "Pressure Drop"

12. The Pliers "Bam Bam"

13. Barrington Levy "Here I Come"

14. Reggie Stepper "Drum Pan Sound"

15. Black Uhuru "Great Train Robbery"

16. Max Romeo & The Upsetters "Chase The Devil"

K-ROSE

DJ: Mary-Beth Maybell voiced by Riette Burdick

1. Jerry Reed "Amos Moses"

2. Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn"Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man"

3. Hank Williams "Hey Good Lookin'"

4. Juice Newton "Queen of Hearts"

5. Asleep At The Wheel "The Letter That Johnny Walker Read"

6. The Desert Rose Band "One Step Forward"

7.Willie Nelson "Crazy"

8. Pasty Cline "Three Cigarettes in the Ashtray"

9. Mickey Gilley "Make The World Go Away"

10. Ed Bruce "Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys"

11. Merle Haggard "Always Wanting You"

12. Whitey Shafer "All My Exes Live In Texas"

13. Eddie Rabbit "I Love A Rainy Night"

14. Statler Brothers "New York City"

15. Statler Brothers "Bed of Roses"

RADIO X: The Alternative

Format: Modern Rock

DJ: Sage voiced by Jodie Shawback

1. Helmet "Unsung"

2. Depeche Mode "Personal Jesus"

3. Faith No More "Midlife Crisis"

4. Danzig "Mother"

5. Living Colour "Cult of Personality"

6. Primal Scream "Movin On Up"

7.Guns N' Roses "Welcome to the Jungle"

8. L7 "Pretend We're Dead"

9. Ozzy Osbourne "Hellraiser"

10. Soundgarden "Rusty Cage"

11. Rage Against The Machine "Killing In The Name"

12. Jane's Addiction "Been Caught Stealing"

13. The Stone Roses "Fools Gold'

14. Alice In Chains "Them Bones"

15. Stone Temple Pilots "Plush"

SF-UR

DJ: Hans Oberlander voiced by Lloyd Floyd

1. Jomanda "Make My Body Rock"

2. 808 State "Pacific"

3. The Todd Terry Project "Weekend"

4. Nightwriters "Let The Music (Use You)"

5. Marshall Jefferson "Move Your Body"

6. Maurice "This Is Acid"

7.Mr. Fingers "Can You Feel It?"

8. A Guy Called Gerald "Voodoo Ray"

9. Cultural Vibe "Ma Foom Bey"

10. Ce Ce Rogers "Someday'

11. Robert Owens "I'll Be Your Friend'

12. Frankie Knuckles "Your Love"

13. Joe Smooth "Promised Land"

14. 28th Street Crew "I Need A Rhythm"

15. Raze "Break 4 Love"

16. Fallout "The Morning After"

Originally posted by Weapon X@Oct 26 2004, 01:28 PM

I hear what you’re saying to an extent, but you have to realize that the “yo nigga this, yo nigga that” thing was the ‘thing’ back then.

beating black motorists was also 'the thing' back then, so can i make a game about that?

i know that there is a high level of truth in the stereotypes, thats the problem. if they made the black people all listen to hair metal, it would just be dumb.

i know im taking it 'too seriously' but i really dont care. it will make me sleep better at night knowing i stood up and said 'yo, this shit is fucked up', even if it accomplishes nothing. and if chuck D has no problem lending himself to this game, then, honestly, that sucks for chuck, cause i know god damn well if it came out in 91, he'd be boycotting the fuck out of it.

you know what's fucked.....

on the radio station they keep talking about

'Dre being down with Death Row' and we know

how that's not quite the case anymore.

also.... one of the Ballers is called 'Key Tre'.

Since when arent black people eating chicken, getting jerri curls, fighting rival gangs, stealing cars, selling crack, beating up other crack dealers, beating up random innocent people to 'rep there hood'?? or atleast the ones that i know

and if its like that does that mean because tommy vercettie (gtavc) was italian all italians do is rob drug dealers,kill people for fun, go on a cross city cop killing spree,and try to take over the world???

its video games people...

and Mississipi Burning could be a racist film. Video games are the 'movies of the future' in a way, and I don't see how a game like San Andreas can't be considered a social commentary, of sorts.

oh yeah, and I like curry, and my Chinese friends are often good in math.

i know it's just a game, but at the same time it's not. if it was 'just a game' then it would be perfectly acceptible to have 'GTA: KLANSAS CITY' where you drive around in old pick up trucks and lynch blacks for talking to white women.

thats like saying 'nigger' is just a word. of course it is, the word isnt the problem, he word is arbitrary. it's the 500+ years of rape, murder and inequality that come attached to it.

the difference with the italians, is that while there is the stereotype that italians are all mob people, everyone 'knows better'. no italian guy has ever been passed over for a job because of the stigma attached to the stereotype. black people do get treated as if the stereotype were the ultimate truth.

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Oct 26 2004, 02:23 PM

and if its like that wouldnt movies like menace 2 society, boyz n the hood, and other gangster flicks (inwich s.a. was bassed on) been treated the same way instead of praised by black people>>??

both of those movies were social commentary that in the end, had a 'valuable lesson'. they werent unecessarily violent or ignorant just for the sake of ignorant violence. i'm not denying that this game is accurate in some particular situations, i'm saying it is, and that's the problem. it reinforces what people already think, just giving them one more example to subconciously site in their heads.

there is no 'social commentary' going on in this game. it's not supposed to open anyones eyes to the 'plight' of inner city blacks, or to get people to wake up and realize that killing eachother is bad news. it's just ignorant, all day, 7 days a week, 365 a year.

if there were different 'versions' and they portrayed everyone as equally ignorant, then fine. make a white trash version based around crystal meth and spousal abuse. give the guy a mullet and take away his shirt. make white people look as ignorant as they make blacks and i'll let it all go. until then though, i maintain my right to silently object.

dont get me wrong, i'm not trying to 'open' anyones eyes. i know im going to be in the huge minority on this topic, but i would be totally betraying everything i believe if i didnt say something.

i wont lie, the game is funny. when my boys were playing, and we got to the graffiti part (you'll see) they immediately handed the controller to me. i like kicking a girl in the tits just as much as the next guy, i just wish it were more responsible and less specifically slanderous, thats all.

you have to really consider who'll be playing these games though. if anyone is ignorant enough to think all black people are like this they wont be leaving their estate anytime soon. i'm sure soccer moms everywhere will be disgusted with this game. try to get it banned etc. if there are racist people that are going to be playing it all it's going to do is reinforce what they believe. and it isn't like if this game never existed they would just stop thinking the way they do. this game will not change anyones mind about anything.

maybe i dont understand your point seeking, we'll see, im going to start playing now.

I want to go home to play more of the game!!!

I'm going to get buff and get my sex appeal up.

I really want to see what happens then.

And the '+ or -' interaction feature is a great addition.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Oct 26 2004, 01:50 PM

I want to go home to play more of the game!!!

I'm going to get buff and get my sex appeal up.

I really want to see what happens then.

And the '+ or -' interaction feature is a great addition.

yeah! I read about that! I hear that there's thousands of different responses towards CJ, and things that he says to other people.

iloveboxcars,

the game in and of itself is whatever, but when you combine it with all the other images that we constantly get bombarded with everyday, they're like little bricks that build up the walls that wind up defining our reality.

if you cant understand the concerns i raise and why i would object to this game, then i guess we're just different. im not saying this game will single handedly destroy society, but i am saying that its disrespectful, ignorant and if it has any effect on peoples perceptions of people, it will be in a negative way.

whatever, i'm beating a dead horse. if you guys cant understand why it's fucked up that 'nigga' is the central word in a video game, then honestly, as a society, we're fucked.

/end rant

AAAWWWWw after 4 hours I got the game last nite..Its tight. The soundtrack is krazy from 2 Pac to Eazy e to James Brown..Graff is a big part of the game..Best thing of all is that I got a glince of "Lady Tribe " on that shit...have fun with the game..!!!

Ps..I noticed theres a 1/2 payer sign in the back of the case

I wonder what is that all bout?..2 player missions?.....that would be nice..

nah seeks, i completely understand what you are saying and i agree. the thing im saying is i don't think anyone who doesn't see it as entertainment and only entertainment will be playing the game enough to where it has any impact on their prejudices. of course there are some retarded ass people out there, so i really have no room to talk. to tell you the truth i've played the game for an hour already and it only said nigga once. well, not including the songs. maybe you were just watching a certain part that had gratuitous use of the word. either way, understand that i am not disagreeing with you at all.

im going to go kill some fools.

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 26 2004, 03:38 PM

if you guys cant understand why it's fucked up that 'nigga' is the central word in a video game, then honestly, as a society, we're fucked.

/end rant

dude (or should I say Tipper? lol), I started listening to NWA when i was eight years old. As I grew older, I became a huge fan of CMW, Spice 1, and South Central Cartel. I don't think all black people are the same, although I would be surprised if I found out that the majority of them detest fried chicken or something.

You can get a number of different haircuts in the game. What's wrong with getting a jeri curl? I think that maybe you think any semblance of black culture is undignified, and that you'd rather see a bunch of Uncle Toms, Colin Powells, or Atmospheres running around. Maybe...I don't know. Do some searching, and it might be true.

There's a "M for Mature" sign on the box, much like there is a "Parental Advisory - Explicit Lyrics" on tape cases. Any white people who go around speaking like they're from the crip side of some hood in south central is a moron, and be it a game or an album, they are who they are.

Archived