"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas"

TheoHuxtable

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't have a link for the download, but check, um... http://www.gta-sanandreas.com for the announcement by Rockstar.

I don't know if it's for PC. I'd say it's for PS2, but you gotta burn it and have a mod chip or something. The manual is also leaked.

I'm getting mine the old fashioned way...damn, can't wait until Tuesday! I guess I should get the studying out of the way this weekend.

Originally posted by I-Patch-Clan@Oct 22 2004, 07:00 PM

the wait is killing me.I am even thinking about calling in sick to work just to get the game and play it all day..

i have an exam, and an *ahem* appointment I can't quite miss just a few hours after.

And then I have the most ridiculous exams later on in the week. fuck...I'll pull this off somehow. San Andreas takes priority. If anyone thinks that's fucked, they're fucked.

Rockstar Games turns on the radio, GTA soundtrack details emerge

Rockstar updates the official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas site with info on the game's soundtrack.

Rockstar Games has updated the official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas site with information on the 10 radio stations in the game, as well as a teaser on the music to be included. The Web site now features a car-stereo interface with clickable buttons that correspond to each station. Clicking the button will call up information on the station, such as DJ and format, and stream a short audio clip that includes the DJ's voice and a snippet of music.

The first station is Master Sounds, a classics station helmed by Johnny "The Love Giant" Parkinson that features a clip of "The Payback" from soul legend James Brown.

The second station is Playback, a hip-hop station led by Forth Right MC that plays "Children's Story" by Slick Rick.

Bounce FM, whose playlist draws on all manner of funk, chosen by DJ The Funkitpus, is the third station. "Funky Worm" from the Ohio Players it the sample clip.

The fourth station is K-DST, "The Dust," whose DJ, Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith, spins classic rock such as Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise."

The fifth station, K-Jah Radio West, plays dance hall, raga, reggae, and dub tunes spun by two DJs, Marshall Peter and Johnny Lawton. "Chase the Devil" by Max Romeo & The Upsetters is the sample tune.

CSR, the sixth station, favors new-jack swing and modern soul chosen by Philip "PM" Michaels. Bel Biv Devoe's "Poison" is the station's sample track.

The seventh station offers a considerable change of pace with Radio:X, the self-described home of modern rock voiced by Sage, a female DJ. Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name" is the sample track.

The eighth station is K-Rose, a country station whose DJ, Marybeth Maybell, spins tunes such as the sample track, "Crazy," by Willie Nelson.

The ninth station, Radio Los Santos, features DJ Julio G, who fits the West Coast hip-hop station's attitude. The late great 2Pac's "I Don't Give a F***" is the sample tune.

The last station on the site is SF-UR, a house music station whose DJ, Hans Oberlander, is an excitable fellow. Raze's "Break 4 Love" is the station's sample tune.

Just below the stereo on the site is an alcove with a sleeve for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that, when clicked, offers additional details on the upcoming soundtrack for the game. The two-CD set will be released by Interscope Records and should be on store shelves November 23.

The section also encourages readers to return this Monday for the full track list of the two-CD set. As for the actual game, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be released exclusively for the PlayStation 2 on October 26.

By Staff -- GameSpot

POSTED: 10/15/04 11:55 PM PST

this is one of the illest, most racist, irresponsible things ive ever seen in my life.

seriously WTF are these people thinking? this is a god damn video game, yet every other word is 'nigga'. the whole game is centered around every black stereotype you can think of. you eat chicken, get jerri curls, fight rival gangs, steal cars, sell crack, beat up other crack dealers, beat up random innocent people to 'rep your hood'... i'ts like a really bad cash money video that never ends.

like, im not one for censorship, but this is seriously a new fucking level of ignorant. the naacp is going to shit bricks about this (and rightfully so).

last night as my boys were playing it, i just sat there shaking my head wondering how the fuck they could put this out. and im hardly some PC angel, but jesus christ.,..have some social responsibility. there comes a point where shit like video games, movies, tv, music etc, really does start making shit worse and perpetuating the violent cycle.

if i was king of the world, this game wouldnt exist. i dont even really care about the violence, it's just the racial steretyping that is insane. it's a whole game made by white people, built around the idea that all black people are ignorant thugs.

ugh.

i honestly just cant stop shaking my head.

GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT

I picked up my copy last night at midnight.

I played a few hours and am moving along nicely.

One thing..... IT'S HUGE!!! It's great how you uncover

parts of the map as you move around. I cant say I like the

orange haze all over the place.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by seeking@Oct 26 2004, 10:21 AM

this is one of the illest, most racist, irresponsible things ive ever seen in my life.

seriously WTF are these people thinking? this is a god damn video game, yet every other word is 'nigga'. the whole game is centered around every black stereotype you can think of. you eat chicken, get jerri curls, fight rival gangs, steal cars, sell crack, beat up other crack dealers, beat up random innocent people to 'rep your hood'... i'ts like a really bad cash money video that never ends.

like, im not one for censorship, but this is seriously a new fucking level of ignorant. the naacp is going to shit bricks about this (and rightfully so).

last night as my boys were playing it, i just sat there shaking my head wondering how the fuck they could put this out. and im hardly some PC angel, but jesus christ.,..have some social responsibility. there comes a point where shit like video games, movies, tv, music etc, really does start making shit worse and perpetuating the violent cycle.

if i was king of the world, this game wouldnt exist. i dont even really care about the violence, it's just the racial steretyping that is insane. it's a whole game made by white people, built around the idea that all black people are ignorant thugs.

ugh.

i honestly just cant stop shaking my head.

Let it go bro,

i was trying to explain the same shit over games like 'counterstrike' and Tom Clancys bullshit..and noone could realise that no matter if you play as a terrorist or a us gi you still play Bush's game...its hopeless

Guest imported_Tesseract

i feel you, but when you shot an iraqi and he yells like a 10 year old girl while the american troop dies with a UGH! shit aint really funny either.

damn anseeking....

I see where you are coming from,

but it really comes down to it being 'historical'.

I dont think it's good to portray people like the game

is doing, but their loophole is that it's over 10 years ago,

so they can act like it's a different time period all together.

It's set in "92 and that's the same year as the LA Riots.

Ancient history? I personally think not.

key,

im not at all someone to care about being politically correct. if it was a game about italian mobsters and it was all stereotypical, i wouldnt give a shit, but that's because italians do not face the same descrimination as blacks or hispanics. setting the game 10 years ago means nothing. if they had made it 100 years ago, and made 'CJ' be named 'toby' and he talked like a field nigger, would that be ok? hell no. i know i'm taking this pretty seriously, but you gotta understand the perspective ive viewing it from. im sitting here at my desk, imagining a million 14 year old white kids sitting in their bedrooms everyday playing this game, having the stereotype of black life being reinforced over and over again. im seeing them all calling eachother 'nigga' and quoting the game. i know they'll do it, cause just last night while playing it, my boys were all doing it. and these arent even kids, these are 27-30 year old cats.

i really dont care that its violent or that it deals with ghetto stuff, but they went out of their way to make it fit a very specific and very exagerated stereotype. if they want to push the limits why couldnt it just be 'sup mafucka' instead of 'sup nigga'? why couldnt it be a little more generalized 'crime' and not so specificly racially profiling?

i just look at this as being a huge set back in black folks inclusion into mainstream society. there are already so few positive role models and examples for not only black kids to look up to, but for white people to see. it's easy to understand why white people think black folks are all about drugs and guns and hoes, when black musicians, actors and atheletes present themselves that way, and insist that anyone who doesnt isnt 'keeping it real'.

i dont know man, society is fucked and it bumms me out.

^^^

if you thinkabout it, aren't blacks perpetuating that stereotype everytime they call one another "nigga"?

Face it man, that word is beginning to transcend racial barriers and is now on the borderline of being employed by EVERYONE and not just thug life.

Hey, there was Soul Plane, Friday, Friday part 2, The Nutty Professor, Menace 2 Society, McDonalds commercials, rap videos, etc..... I think all of those went toward perpetuating "black" stereotypes. This is just another rung on the ladder. Seeking, you've got brains but face it, the mob has spoken and they have been served the piping hot dish of black thug life fantasy they've been yearning for all these years.

Hey, if it means anything, Whitey is made to look like even more of an uptight asshole in that new Bernie Mac/Ashton kutcher movie coming out soon.