Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BROWNer

skaters/collectors, is this worth anything?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont really know, but thrasher magazine was soooo fuckin fresh

its at least worth something to the right person. I think most of those people hang out on ebay.

one of my friends sold a bunch of his old car magazines on there and came out pretty well.

Yeah it's probably worth something to someone on ebay. I know I'd like to own that.

from my husband:

it might be worth something, like to a skateboarding enthusiast who collects old mags; my husband has the same issue in a box somewhere; he says he won't get rid of unless he sells it...

he also says that's Karma Tshoeff, and he used to skate for Dogtown.

I used to shoplift Thrasher mags for my buddy. I especially liked the ads where there is girl peeing on the concrete.

Guest 455
Originally posted by slave_one

from my husband:

it might be worth something, like to a skateboarding enthusiast who collects old mags; my husband has the same issue in a box somewhere; he says he won't get rid of unless he sells it...

he also says that's Karma Tshoeff, and he used to skate for Dogtown.

April 1990....might be worth something to somebody....and slave's right....that is Karma on the cover.

Guest BROWNer

thanks dudes..

i've got a couple others, a march and may '90 as well, pretty much the

same condition..

the one above has great shit in it, stuff like this old geezer wiping out.

Originally posted by opressthelaw

hold on to it for a couple more years

if its not worth something now it will be eventually.

i have black and white skate board magazines from POWEL? skateboards...dates back to 87 and 89 in perfect condition..i found them at work.

I WAS AT THIS DEMO THAT ED TEMPLETON SKATED, AND HE CRACKED HIS BOARD. PEOPLE STARTED NIGGLING HIM FOR HIS AUTOGRAPH, LIKE MILLING UP AROUND HIM AND HE COULDNT MOVE. SO I YELLED OUT TO HIM I'LL SET YOU UP A NEW BOARD SO THAT YOU CAN SIGN STUFF THEN SKATE AGAIN. HE GAVE ME THE CRACKED BOARD, SIGNED IT AND DREW A CHARACTER ON IT

PROBABLY WORTH ZERO DOLLARS, BUT IT STILL HANGS PROUDLY ON MY WALL

i once made a peanut butter and tang sandwich. it was a recipe in skarfin material. (wonk sretaks)it was pretty ok. thrasher magazine really shaped my childhood. i dresed how they told me to. listened to the music they told me to. i even ate the peanut butter sandwiches they told me to. i was a real skate rat.

Originally posted by TURBOCAPSLOK

I WAS AT THIS DEMO THAT ED TEMPLETON SKATED, AND HE CRACKED HIS BOARD. PEOPLE STARTED NIGGLING HIM FOR HIS AUTOGRAPH, LIKE MILLING UP AROUND HIM AND HE COULDNT MOVE. SO I YELLED OUT TO HIM I'LL SET YOU UP A NEW BOARD SO THAT YOU CAN SIGN STUFF THEN SKATE AGAIN. HE GAVE ME THE CRACKED BOARD, SIGNED IT AND DREW A CHARACTER ON IT

PROBABLY WORTH ZERO DOLLARS, BUT IT STILL HANGS PROUDLY ON MY WALL

Far from it, The mans been featured in juxtapoz, has done numerous low brow/fine art shows and is pretty much on his way to becoming a living legend. If i were you i would hold on to that because im sure its worth quite a bit to the right pperson.

Originally posted by ARCEL

Chuckle* chuckle*

I was waiting for that from someone in the rad.