Skateboarding, Messy Hair, and Other Ways to be Cool

The Helacious Dr. Dazzle

I got my first board when I was 8, in '85 and have been skating ever since. When I started skating, nobody wanted to pretend to be a skater....we were the losers, geeks and wierdos. We got beat up and made fun of because we were skaters. Being cool wasn’t the reason to skate then, and it sure as fuck isn’t now........sure, there are clowns out there who front and try to act like skaters, but do they really affect you?.....they aren't getting in the way at any sessions at your spots, theyre at the mall, fronting like they skate.....let them front and pose all they want. All those guys buying skate shit are letting real skaters get paid some serious loot for doing something they love. Again, that should NEVER be the reason to skate, but it must be nice for those fortunate enough to have the skills it takes to be getting paid to skate.

I skate because I love it with every cell of my body, not because it’s cool or in. Others in this thread have said it before, and I’ll say it again......the fakes will fall off, they always do.Skating is like graff in a way...it is a way of life, a way at looking at things....and those who have dedicated themselves to skating will keep on skating, not letting the bull-shit get in the way of them rolling on their boards.

later.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is funny how things go in waves..I remember when I was a kid and the Bones Brigade blew up...and it was "popular" to skate..and then it died.The faithful still pushed and the rest faded away.The same thing will happen again...and graff has done the same thing a few times all ready...writers come and go...the true remain...and always will.

If you are new to either one of these..don't worry about it...it may even be good..you will get new places to skate..may get laid for being a good writer...and eventually the weak will fade away.

These are both an important part of my life..skating and graff..more of a way of existance than anything else.It is in my blood and will be until I die. One of the best feelings I know is bombing a good hill, going night skating and catching tags as I roll....not much else like it.

So realize we were all "posers" and "toys" at one point..and in the eyes of those older and wiser..you are too....the spiral continues.

Remember- Curb Dogs, Neil Blender stopping mid way in his contest run and doing a character in paint?, when skaters who were in mags claimed they wrote?, cut off pants, air jordan 1's, paint pens on griptape,

the first kickflip you landed...ahh...the good old days.

SOUL SKATER...RECOGNIZED EVERYWHERE NOW ON SKATEBOARDS

Archived