Skateboarding, Messy Hair, and Other Ways to be Cool

The Helacious Dr. Dazzle

Has anybody else noticed how skateboarding has become the <span style='font-family:times new roman'>"IN"</span> thing? I can't speak for the states, but up here in Canada, you can't walk down the street without seeing some 8 year-old try-hard skater. Everybody wears skateboarding clothes, or carries a board around with them (but they never ride it). There's this one kid in my brother's CALM Class, a total fucking gay, nerd, greasy pussy-ass shit. One day he walks into class wearing a Spitfire shirt and carrying a skateboard. Fuck, this pisses me off!:mad:

Does anyone remember when skateboarding was an underground, limited sub-culture? I mean, before the city-sponsered skate parks, and every fucking kid started doing it? Me and my friends starting when we were in grade 6, 1993. We were labeled as punks, skids, whatever. Now those same fags are ttrying to be cool by skating, growing their hair long, getting tattoos, and all this other shit. Now skating has become "accessible". As I write this I am watching on the news a story about a 4 YEAR OLD skater. The anchors are laughing to themselves, "huh huh, that is one TOUGH little guy, huh huh". Shut the fuck up.

Here in Calgary, there is a skate shop called the Source (side note, it's a good place to paint on, coz they let you; some good shit can be found there). Yeah, so it started as some little-known shop that only skaters went to. Now it's a fucking mega-chain, they got this huge Source Mega Mart or something down by the Coliseum. Now all you see is twelve year-old girls wearing Source hoodies and the latest Dave Mayhews.

The point is, what is to stop the graffiti sub-culture from becoming the same thing? In a few years, every kid will have traded in their boards for a can of paint. There'll be shitty graffiti all over the place, and they'll be running stories on a 4 year old writer on the news.

What's everyone else's opinions on all of this? Does anyone else get as mad as I do when the snobby rich-girl bitch who sits next to you in school has better, newer skater clothes than you do?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wakassOATH

dont worry about it every treand starts like that then it gets massive and everyone buys all the shit then, something new comes along and everyone drops it..dont worry in a few years you will be skating or doing some graff and it will be soo "2001" or whatever

as long as i dont see anyone else wearing the eddie baeur sweater i just bought ill be straight....white tshirt, earth tone sweater and a five o'clock shadow, no if i only had a spicy fregrance to go a long with it....i think ill go walk around and attepmt to fend off the massive flocks of girls that are constantly swarming me....:D

shit man i know what you mean....i see dudes with skate shoes and element shirts walking around holding a cup of expresso and his fancy boy fade....but shit i really do skate and have messy hair, word

it's all what you make of it. i was bummed for a while that skating was so mainstream, but then i figured, fuck all them i shouldnt let these kids wreck my fun, i'll just skate like a always have. there's always people along for the ride and then when times get rough they bail.

no offense, but you guys are idiots. since when do you own skating? since when do you have to dress a certain way to skate? as i said before, in 93 i was the kid bitching about kids like you. 'look at these little punks, cant even ollie but have all the gear blah blah blah.' some of 'you' stuck with it, some didnt, but who gives a shit? who do you skate for? for girls at the mall? then what does it matter? i skated because nothing in the world gave me the feeling i got at 3 in the morning, in some parking garage with my friends skating on shit. the eerie quiet, then 'WHACK' someone ollies... it would ring in the darkness forever. thats why i skated, and thats what mattered to me. i used to be mad cause these kids were posers, but then i realized it didnt effect how i skated and thats all that mattered.

goodnight

theres already shitty graffiti all over the place...and whats the deal about trends becoming popular?? thats how shit goes...if all of a sudden every person and their mom picked up a pen and started writting would i quit graffiti, hell no...its alot more then a trend for me...its a way of life.

but u know what does piss me off----bullshit prefab skateparks. who the fuck builds these things? does anyone who skates actually design these parks? i'm not talking about the ones out west, cause some of those are sick, like the ones in arizona and around cali, but the prefab parks up here in new england (with the exception of hyde park, newburyport and nashua) are absolute fucking crap. horrible useless ramps on chunky blacktop. they build one in every town, and expect people to stop skating street to skate those shitpiles? it's kind of like trying to give crack to a cokehead. it's like a shitty plastic version of skateboarding.

The best thing you can do, in your situation, is stay away from places like the skatepark, or The Source, or whatever. That is where the sport is corporate. If you don't like it, be hardcore, and go street skating with your select group of friends. There is your solution, and I won't tolerate any more bitching from you Mr.

u dont liek certian people cause thy wear an element shirt and dotn skate everyday..hey let em piss u off more..i wear element dc black label..whatever i ride an element that some one bought for me..yup thats right i didnt pay for it myself..or put it together i got someone to do it for me...i only skate like once a week and suck horribly...so am i a poser?? the word poser is gay..gte ur priorities str8..that type of shit should bother u

Guest IcedOutMocha

who cares. you are all fuckin gay. I on the other hand am a male model. like zoolander. and hansel. hansel. hahahaha fucks.

"Has anybody else noticed how skateboarding has become the "IN" thing? "

ive seen skateboarding rise anf fall like three times now...its like any fad, the real ones are there at the begining and the end, and the rest just fall off....think its abd now, shoulda seen it when back to the future came out! whoah...r

CATS is patiently awaiting for the following:

The Extreme Pet Rock for the X generation

Xtreme Inline Skater Shooting

Box Lunches at the Y:crazy:

Seriously, what did you think people said when you started, Oh look that kid is so hard, everyone and I mean everyone was a poser. I agree with seeking, he must be old or something cause I feel like I took a trip down amnesia lane. What does it matter if these kids are rocking fly gear. They are onkly keeping your business in business.:king:

Guest --zeSto--

old timers unite!!!

seriously though,

Skateboarding has come in waves with the size of the male

12-28 population. It peaked in the mid-70', then in 1986, then around 1998.

I just gets bigger each time.

Damn.. my first deck was a Jeff Kendall Street Model from Santa Cruz.

If you weren't skating when pro's would have a street model and a vert model

than.. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

I'm no better than you,

and you're no better than the next generation.

I do agree that it sucks to see the styles that we go teased about

on sale at walmart, but that's a trend for you!

The worst part of it was the decline of Airwalk shoes.

I used to search all over for the Lave-Guard 540's and now

my boss sports those weak canvas flippers. DAMN!!

my first 'real' board was a hosoi mini-hammerhead II. it was bad ass. i would strip the griptape every few months and hook up a new design. at one point i had clear grip tape, and i put stickers all on the top, then put down the grip tape. so fresh an so clean.... of course i was like 11, so i wasnt skating hard and breaking decks. besides, decks back then were made out of concrete. big bump for santa cruz OJ's and powell T bones.

Guest --zeSto--

remember LIMPIES pants?

and when speedwheels finally hit 100d?

The first pros to have an everslick deck?

Skully Bros mail order?

Wheels of Fire was like religion to me.

and Jessica Alba:love: is cousins with Steve and Mickey Alba

powell perallta towny hawk signaturedeck with tracker trucks and slimeball wheels. Since when did you have to rock skate gear to be a skate boarder? I have been into skating since I was like 7 or 8. The only "cool skater clothes" I own are es shoes, a DC hat and a hookups shirt my ex girlfriend got for me. Its a stupid concept to have dress a certain way to be skate boarder.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Gnes 37

Like i said in the last 3 threads about this silly shizI just liked it when skateboarding was ILLEGAL

and SKATE OR DIE meant something>??

What about the original nintendo game, Gleaming the cube, or when Lance Mountain murdered his bitch, How about Tony Hawk in police Academy 4. Bridge bolts, Rector was the only pad manufacturer, helmets were super gay looking. Banana boards were a great joke. Cops just warned you. Those broken bones taking all summer to heal and you promised yourself next time you break something it will be during school session.:cool:

Sometimes I wish they still made those large wheels, riser pads, black fly griptape. I'll stop, its making me sad.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by CATS

How about Tony Hawk in police Academy 4.

I WAS THERE!!!

They made that flick in Toronto and my Uncle helped

build the launch ramp that they used to clear the cop cruiser.

The entire bones brigade was there. Lance, Tony, Steve Cab,

all my heros!!

fuck why didn't I get autographs?

Archived