breastfeeding in public

alure

I don't know if this is because I'm open minded, or because I like tits so much, but as long as there's a level of discretion, I have no problem with it. I imagine that mothers have enough shit to keep them busy with a newborn, and if they have to go somewhere private every time the baby is hungry, that's even less time that they can spend doing their own thing (like eating).

Alure, I'm glad to hear that you're going to try it this time around. I've read a lot of shit about it not only making babies healthier and stronger, but also smarter. I'm going to insist that my wife breastfeed when the time comes.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks harvey

those who compare breastfeeding with jacking off seriously have problems. did none of your mothers breastfeed you?

breastfeeding isnt even an easy thing to do. many women end up failing or give up because of the pressures of society, sore nipples, stress, not enough support from their partners.. etc....

i can understand how some people would feel uncomfortable with a woman just pulling her tits out whenever, but if a mother is covered up and doing it in public than whats so wrong with that?

and like i said before. the breastpump is a wonderful gift. and i would love to use to especially so that the mr. can have the bonding experience with a baby and i can have my own free time. but its not always easy to have a baby attach to a plastic cold nipple when it knows there is a warm breast around. i know some of you will think that sounds gross, but its true.

Breastfeeding is a natural bonding thing that SHOULD be done.

But so is sex and I don't do that in public.

You're totally missing out...its not really sex until you get caught by the police...srsly...(prom night '03)

Tittai's in publics I am all for it...

I think it should all be based on the tittys.

Let me put it into rhyme form so its easy to remember.

If you have those ski slopers...nopers.

If you have some big and juicys...let 'em hang loosely.

I think I learned that from Oprah or something.

Personally, I don't want to see a baby sucking on something that looks like an old wine skin and I'm sure the baby is thinking the same thing.

I SAY ALURE HAS TO TAKE PERVERACT BREAST FEEDING ACTION SHOT PHOTOS IN PUBLIC!!!!

I SAY ALURE HAS TO TAKE PERVERACT BREAST FEEDING ACTION SHOT PHOTOS IN PUBLIC!!!!

there's a lot of pros to breastfeeding for at least the first six months, especially for the baby. i'm not trying to talk you into doing it, but it's really not that hard or big of deal as you would think once you have the baby.

breast pumps suck though, it feels like your being milked like a cow.

not in public though.

I'll bring the bottles.

right. thats what i would prefer to do too. but ive been reading up on it, and alot of babies wont take a bottle if the mother is around. who knows, maybe it will work out for us. just giving you the heads up

but this video made me feel a little better

i try to be openminded about people's opinions but i really dont see the big deal. i dont understand why breastfeeding in public has so much controversy. the only reason why i chose to COVER UP is because i wouldnt want some pervert to see 1/3rd of a boob if they could see anything at all, and because i wouldnt want to offend people

but really i think its really fucked up that people find this socially wrong. yes there are bottles, but if you research on it many babies who are breastfeed refuse. i think its rather pathethic how society has deemed this such a disgusting thing when its only natural and the healthiest thing for your child.

but its okay to see women covering up their breasts showing all of it but a nipple on a cover of a magazine. or seeing tons of tits on tv, or on a movie. i mean you got women showing more cleavage walking around in a public place than what you'll see a woman showing if she doesnt coverup when she's feeding her baby.

and the pervertedness, i expected that making this thread on 12oz. but yeah it is kind of strange. if you're that desperate to see part of a breast thats pretty pathetic.

you're just another person brainwashed by society to deem it socially unacceptable. when its the best thing for a child. the only reason why a mother should cover up is not to offend other people. but taking a shit or jacking off shouldnt even be a comparsion with breastfeeding a child. since when is taking a shit or jerking off in public LEGAL? breastfeeding is legal in almost every state, i think one state illinois says its up to the business.

breast arent just for sexual purposes. they are meant to feed a baby. here's a newsflash: babies get fussy without warning. would you rather have a mother discretly feeding her child in a corner somewhere, or a child screaming at the top of its lungs because its being starved to death?

its not like the women who chose to breastfeed in public are doing it for spectator sport. most women do it discretly and cover up, with only the interest in taking care and feeding her child.

thats not 100% true. There was a big uproar in my area a while ago, a woman was asked to cover up or leave from I think a coffee shop, when she started breast feeding her child. It turns out she thinks that women should be able to breast feed where ever they want and that whipping out a breast for a child in public is okay for some reason. Its really not that hard to show an ounce of respect and a shred of dignity and at least cover up.

And if you think that breasts aren't sexual your fooling yourself.

thats not 100% true. There was a big uproar in my area a while ago, a woman was asked to cover up or leave from I think a coffee shop, when she started breast feeding her child. It turns out she thinks that women should be able to breast feed where ever they want and that whipping out a breast for a child in public is okay for some reason. Its really not that hard to show an ounce of respect and a shred of dignity and at least cover up.

And if you think that breasts aren't sexual your fooling yourself.

it actually happens quite frequently where a woman is asked to leave, but from what i read, it isnt illegal and in most circumstances the business had to apologize. like i said a few states, say its up to the business. but in most states it is legal.

*edit- 15 or so states that do not protect nursing mothers. The laws that do help to clarify or enforce a women's right to breastfeed in public vary from state to state. Some of these laws ensure that breastfeeding isn't a criminal offense, while other states, such as New York and California, go further and permit a mother to sue for civil rights violation if she is prevented from breastfeeding in public.

i said breasts arent just for sexual purposes.

A blanket may or may not be necessary; it depends on how the mother does it, or how much the baby may be wiggling around, to the point of overexposure. If it comes to where i have to breastfeed my child in public, I'll use a light blanket to cover myself, (I would also try to find an empty room or at least a quiet spot, where possible). I wouldn't want to accidentally over expose myself, particularly with a man in the room, nor would I want anyone else to be overly uncomfortable. Not everyone is used to seeing a woman breastfeed, and ladies need to take this into consideration, when out in public. That is not to say that other folks out in public need to get Puritanical about it. Simply put, a little common sense and compromise on both sides would do wonders.

I completely agree Fatalist. I plan on doing the exact same thing and being discret and covering up. There are wonderful clothing they make, and blankets and i was reading up on the maya wrap.

I think you said it best that both sides should be considerate. It just pisses me off that so many people have it in their heads that its so wrong to breastfeed your baby and give women who deal with so many other issues when it comes to breastfeeding and taking care of a baby a hard time when formula could never compare.

Archived