breastfeeding in public

alure

Originally posted by serum

if you're in a restaraunt then obviously its feeding time. there is no problem breastfeeding in public. i think its strange that people have come to believe that breastfeeding is inappropriate at all. instead people make a 'formula' of god knows what and stick it in the babies mouth. now thats gross.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nekro

What really pisses me off is when people bring their babies/small children to restaurants and they scream their heads off for the entire meal. Here's a tip: when your kid starts crying, take them outside or to the entranceway of the restaurant until they calm down. Nobody wants to hear your 2 year old scream at 25,000hz for the entire meal. It has a tendency to fuck up the ambiance- if I wanted to hear screaming people I'd stay home and hide my mom's mood stabilizers.

AMEN TO THAT

Guest willy.wonka
Originally posted by gatita

My friend has a gorgeous wife and child, whom all attending this chill party another friend had. The cute 3 year old was tired, so the mom sat on the couch and next thing I know, her breast is out and shes feeding the kid. The kid is THREE YEARS OLD. 3. THE NUMBER THREE. Ya feel me?

cool:lol:

i think its fine as long as the mom is being discreet.

For example, at the Taste of Chicago there was a huge walking traffic jam.

When i get to the source of the jam, it turned out to be a redneck family of about 7, standing in the middle of the crowd. They had stopped so the mom could breastfeed.

In the middle of a huge crowd! blocking traffic and all!

but if the mom is in a restuarant and has the titty covered up appropriately, i think its ok.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

i think its fine as long as the mom is being discreet.

I think this is the best policy.

I remember some woman whippin her tit out in the Olive Garden when I worked there. She was sitting at the first big table we had...just as you walk into the seating area. A few 'guests' complained about it...I think I stared in disbelief.

page2

like I said before....

if the establishment has a 'no shirt no shoes no service' policy then it shouldn't be permitted.

you know what... babies need to shit too.

and parents have to change diapers too.

How about they dont do it in front of other people??

I'm all for breast feeding and the right to do so,

but not if it runs contrary to already established health codes.

This isnt realy a men vs women double standard because there is nothing sexual about nursing.

there is a time and aplace for everything.

i don't think women should whip it out in the middle of society because it's convenient.

there are private places to go feed.

there's no need to be hippie about it and make everyone watch.

"natural" does not neccesarily mean "in public"

i mean, some men have to pee by catheterizing themselves. you don't see that in public restrooms.

some diabetics have to give themselves needles. how often do you see that in public??

in an emergency, you do what you have to do i guess.

Originally posted by slave_one

sudden change of mind? i thought you wanted a whole clan!

yea. up until i thought about it......i'm scared shitless to raise a kid in this world ya know? i wouldnt know where to start. i see so many kids that are unahppy with their parents and i just dont want to be that parent. most of all, i dont want to become my parents. now that's scary.

i dont want to be a failure as a parent.

who knows, i might change my mind down the road.

Originally posted by johnny

that lady w/ the 3 yr old shouldn't have been lactating unless she's got another younger child. i call BS...

shows you what you know abouta womans body

as long as a baby/child sucks on a nipple a breast lactates

its not like the boobs say after one year... "okay i'm done now"

infact you dont even need to be pregnant to lactate. all you need to do is have someone suck on your tit for a period of time.. and you'll produce milk.. hence the middleages when rich children were nursed by "A WET NURSE" .. they werent preggers. they just had milk

Originally posted by rental

hey, man, babies need to eat. its fucking part of life. i have no problem with breastfeeding anywhere as long as theres a blanket over the boobie.

yeah i feel the same way.

even when i wasen't a mom, i'd see other moms breastfeeding their babies in public, with a blanket over them of course. i say if she has to do it in the resturant, then get a booth somewhere in the back.

not because she has to, but because she has to understand some people DONT understand.

Soundls like a plan to me. If the kids got to eat, the kids got to eat. I will agree that it should be covered up in Restruants because health code requires it. That's the only reason they probably said something.

Boy ,oh boy, do I love boobies though...

• 3 years later...

sorry for bringing this thread back up, but we got alot of new members..and yaddyadda. i just want to know what people think. i was researching about it, and was just amazed by alot of people's inputs and how its wrong and remembered i made a thread.

sooo... have your views changed.. feel the same way? lemmme know..

i don't care if a woman feeds her baby in public, but it sure pisses me off when i ask

a chick to show me her tits and she won't. like, on this forum, the other day, i distinctly remember requesting some tittay flicks. i think glik should start a ban on all the new chicks who don't show their tits right off the bat. 18 and over, plz.

Archived