Burners and Style!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by TOMB.DBM+Feb 15 2006, 09:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TOMB.DBM - Feb 15 2006, 09:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Feb 15 2006, 09:12 PM

dont know if this was posted in here or not but if so it deserves a second look.

stolen:

paser4oi.jpg

this got no letter structure whatsoever..

[/b]

This piece is nothing more than a piece of crap! This piece is mad of nothing but thunder caps, acrylic paint and bucket roller paint. This dosent count as graffitty. I bet that this guy couldnt paint a throwup, even if Vice Presedent Dick Cheny put a 10 gauge shot gun to his head and told him to quack like a quail.

Originally posted by montanasilver+Mar 7 2006, 05:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (montanasilver - Mar 7 2006, 05:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by TOMB.DBM@Feb 15 2006, 09:53 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Feb 15 2006, 09:12 PM

dont know if this was posted in here or not but if so it deserves a second look.

stolen:

paser4oi.jpg

This piece is nothing more than a piece of crap! This piece is mad of nothing but thunder caps, acrylic paint and bucket roller paint. This dosent count as graffitty. I bet that this guy couldnt paint a throwup, even if Vice Presedent Dick Cheny put a 10 gauge shot gun to his head and told him to quack like a quail.

[/b]

firstly if you cant spell graffiti you dont have a say in what is, and what aint graffiti. second, its fuckwits like you, that try and condemn what you dont understand. the fact is, that IS graffiti. and its fucking good. its fresh, and more original than anything you have done im sure. and the fact is im sure he can do a throw up, but the fact is, throw ups are fucking easy, and every mother fucker can do em, instead, as he had the time, he painted a good piece. post a piece you have done better, if not, shut it.

Originally posted by Icon+Mar 8 2006, 05:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Icon - Mar 8 2006, 05:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by montanasilver@Mar 7 2006, 05:06 AM

Originally posted by TOMB.DBM@Feb 15 2006, 09:53 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Feb 15 2006, 09:12 PM

stolen:

paser4oi.jpg

firstly if you cant spell graffiti you dont have a say in what is, and what aint graffiti. second, its fuckwits like you, that try and condemn what you dont understand. the fact is, that IS graffiti. and its fucking good. its fresh, and more original than anything you have done im sure. and the fact is im sure he can do a throw up, but the fact is, throw ups are fucking easy, and every mother fucker can do em, instead, as he had the time, he painted a good piece. post a piece you have done better, if not, shut it.

[/b]

first off i would like to say that when you start to do this kind of abstract style graffiti it starts to stray away from the roots, its no longer about the message, or getting your name out, its about the art, if it makes you stop what your doing, stand for a minuet, check it out, admire it, than thats what he was trying to do, this piece is so original it escapes from the wall part of it is even on the ground, now its up to you to decide weather its good or not, thats your opinion, hwat im saying is open your eyes a little, i mena with out change, graffiti would still be taki 183 wanna be's just writing there name in plain fonts and shit

peace

exactly, but when you label it as not graffiti, like that twat, as if he has the right to decide what is, and what isnt graffiti, that fucks me, and most other people im sure. yes his style is more about the art, but of course that doesnt mean he cant throw up as much as the next man. you can be up everywhere, but still have another abstract style.

i dont think you guys understand the phrase "abstract" as it pertains to art. this style is the norm for that region and i dont feel it qualifies. maybe it has a differant meaning in graff.

as for the piece im more into the traditional letter styles but i can dig it.

I really shouldn't even bother with this but...

Saying that Abstract graffiti isn't graffiti, and is just art on a wall is like shooting yourself in the dick. All graffiti is art on a wall. Abstract graffiti is an extension of style. Nothing more. I agree that this thread is way more about the traditional sense of graffiti... Can2, Bates and the like. Their styles are staples to the culture and highly respected by all. Not because their readable but because they're 100% pure funk. And as writers that's what we're taught is true graffiti. Now the problem I have with that is where's the growth potential for the culture or graffiti? If we all stand back and look at traditional styles and emulate them ourselves... all of us... where will that lead us? No where. It will get to a point where so and so's style looks just like what's his name's style. And obvioulsy we have that already... the last few pages of this thread back that up. Only a handful will stand out.

I'm not saying Abstract graffiti is keeping the culture moving but I am saying that kids who break the mold and try something different give the rest of us something to think about. In the sense that there's more out there than just another 80's NYC revival of style. Or to be more current... 70's NYC revival of style. Which not to be a dick, but that's not progress. It's good to see kids taking interest in the styles that brought us up but I'd rather see them learn from those styles than bite them. Can2 & Bates are good examples of writers who learned from the old school and didn't just bite.

Styles like Abstract graffiti are a progression. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. It's a step forward. And syaing things like there's no letter structure is stupid. Same can be said about a million tradition style pieces in a hundred different countries.

That being said, I will say, for myself, that I find it harder to do traditional style graffiti than my current style. And I grew up doing traditional graffiti in the early 80's and 90's. And I still have a hard time. I have the structure down but I just don't have the style. Maybe this is why I moved to something more artsy... I don't know for sure. That shouldn't matter though. What should matter is that I went in a direction and made sure I kept to tradition while doing so. And I would think that's all that matters. Being original. Not the best or most liked, but original.

And if you know my name and you know my work when you see it... then I succeeded.

And I got throw-ups too...