Burners and Style!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
skeme_subwayart511.jpg

hamburg_skeme511.jpg

seen_subwayart511.jpg

hamburg_seen511.jpg

blade_subwayart511.jpg

hamburg_blade511.jpg

sento_newyork511.jpg

hamburg_sento511.jpg

hamburg_dondi5111.jpg

dondi-690x444.jpg

WHY????

That's worse than biting?! I don't understand the point of recreating a classic piece, graffiti is about evolution. Whoever has done these, regardless, unless the original artists, should be shot!

Albeit classic as these pieces were/are, these replicas are like shitty cheap, repressed vinyl 20 years after the original, classic press

WORD!.... cause staying STUCK ON STUPID is just too easy these days......

why create something of YOUR OWN when you can just copy shit straight out a book from the 80's......

A tribute's one thing....Your whole style and everything you rock, coming from a "classic" book.... is another.....

and unless you've been to Europe..... you should probably quit talking...............

My opinion... YOUR FUCKING RETARTED!..................

Remember... DONDI was dope because he was ORIGINAL!..........

A major part of graff is the knowing your past and paying homage to it, I'd understand your arguments if someone recreated something from the 90's era calling it a tribute to the classics but its not. These are the names that started this game so therefore I think dudes SHOULD be paying homage. Are you all gonna complain the next time someone does a Bode character?

To pay homage and respect to graffiti roots, and saluting classic writers is one thing, and is due, without question, because without these guys it would not be what it is today. But seriously, let sleeping dogs lie... let the work from the 80's stay classic. I don't deny that they are worthy of acclaimation, but recreating pieces is a load of shit. Instead, why not pull out your sketch book and design something for nowadays that could be considered "classic" in 20 years time, just like those guys did back then, making it "classic" for us now. Do something orginal - what the root of graffiti is supposed to be!!

And to make the call about using Vaughn Bode charos is just plain ignorant... it is completely irrelevant to the arguement and point being conveyed.