MSK FLICKS

dr. frink one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should get kicked in the juhjoon.

Bite Cops to the rescue! The graf commune is safe again, my hero.

siiiiiigh

I'm all for comingling styles. Without that we'd have no nunu... and I loves me that nunu.

I should sketch myself a Revok/ Roids/ Omens/ Mime/ Amuse/ Augor/ Pose/ Screw/ Daim sandwich tonight and drop that gem tomorrow just to make you wet your manties.

nice 'K' revok. looks like roids letter skills are rubbing off.

You should get kicked in the juhjoon.

Bite Cops to the rescue! The graf commune is safe again, my hero.

siiiiiigh

ha ha, nah son. you got me completely wrong. i didn't accuse him of biting roids (being family they can share each other's shit as much as they want - though personally he should probably be studying skrew, sever or steel), i accused him of producing a retarded letter 'K' with the same kind of disregard for letter form/structure that his boy hemarroids displays. that is all.

Just 5-foot-6, slender, and boyish-looking, xxxx was nevertheless a tough-talking, bad boy among West Coast graffiti vandals.

The tagger

A subdivision or neighborhood, often surrounded by a barrier, to which entry is restricted to residents and their guests. in Calabasas - made a specialty of defacing freeway signs. From L.A. to Washington state, he shimmied up signs and spray-painted his moniker - GANKE, and later GKAE - in big, blue bubble-shaped letters.

xxx, now 20, was agile, daring and completely undeterred "pursued his own path...undeterred by lack of popular appreciation and understanding"- Osbert Sitwell

undiscouraged by razor wire. Or the threat of arrest.

``We have to just go harder and bomb bigger. ... We can't slow down,'' xxx urged taggers in Seattle-based Can Control magazine, which spotlighted him as one of ``California's busiest'' graffiti vandals.

Even if he were to go to prison, xxx once confided to a cop, he could get out and exploit his notoriety as a graffiti consultant in the motion picture industry.

These days, though, xxx isn't talking so tough.

A judge last week stung him with a $100,000 fine and ordered him to spend 1,000 hours cleaning up graffiti. The fine represented spray-painting damage at 56 Los Angeles Los Angeles

CHP Community Health Plan Officer Randy Campbell, a graffiti task force coordinator and xxx law enforcement nemesis.

Arrested on a Los Angeles warrant in Seattle in November, xxx last month pleaded guilty to a felony vandalism charge in exchange for the dismissal of five other felony counts.

According to authorities, he was the first tagger suspect extradited to Los Angeles County.

``Our hope is that this is going to get the message to him,'' said prosecutor Lia Martin. ``If he doesn't comply with the conditions the court set up, he's looking at a year in county jail or up to three years in state prison.''

xxxx might still be spray-painting were it not for Campbell.

Privileged background

The 12-year CHP officer spent two years and hundreds of hours trying to nail xxx, who came from an apparently privileged background and today still lives in his parents' home in an upscale - and graffiti-free - community in Calabasas.

``I came from a good family. They taught me right from wrong. It's just, I choose to do this, you know,'' he told Can Control.

Campbell first noticed GKAE in 1994 in downtown Los Angeles Downtown Los Angeles is the central business district of Los Angeles, California, located close to the geographic center of the metropolitan area. The sprawling, multi-centered megacity is such that its downtown core is often considered just another district like Hollywood or . It was everywhere. Underpasses, overpasses and brick buildings.

``He was always in the most hard-to-reach places,'' Campbell said. ``He even tagged the back of a sign so that you could only read it if you looked in the rear-view mirror

.''

Campbell had no idea who GKAE was, so he started asking around at meetings of TAGNET, an anti-graffiti, law enforcement task force he belongs to.

Before long, Campbell realized that GKAE was GANKE, a k a xxx, arrested in 1993 for tagging in the San Fernando Valley San Fernando Valley

Valley, southern California, U.S. Northwest of central Los Angeles, the valley is bounded by the San Gabriel, Santa Susana, and Santa Monica mountains and the Simi Hills. .

The two monikers contained practically the same letters and idiosyncratic

One of the worst

Even in 1993, police considered xxx one of the city's worst taggers. His crimes were particularly galling because he obliterated

``He created real traffic jams,'' said a law enforcement source, who declined to be named.

When xxxx doesn't seek out publicity, he seems to run into it. The 1993 case made the newspapers because of the alleged involvement of a veteran motion-picture animator, William Hurtz.

Hurtz - who directed the original ``Rocky and Bullwinkle'' cartoons - was accused of contributing to the delinquency of minors for allegedly harboring xxxx and other juvenile taggers at his Van Nuys home.

As a result of that case, xxx father, xxx, was ordered to pay $43,000 in restitution for his son's graffiti.

Still, Campbell didn't have enough evidence for an arrest. He put xxx under surveillance, but nothing came of it.

As xxxx took to the airwaves - he appeared in a disguise in 1995 on the ``Gabriel'' TV talk show and bragged about his prolific output - Campbell turned to the Internet.

Working at home late into the night, the CHP officer eavesdropped on tagger chat rooms and perused news groups.

Finally, he got the tip he wanted.

Badalucco's Internet admirers divulged that GKAE had relocated to Seattle - considered by many taggers to be the new frontier New Frontier, as much for its pristine freeway signs as its distance from the Los Angeles police heat, Campbell said.

Campbell immediately called Seattle police Detective Rod Hardin and told him he could expect to see GKAE graffiti. He was right.

On Sept. 20, a patrol officer caught xxx tagging near the University of Washington, according to Hardin. Not realizing who xxxx was, the officer let him go with a citation.

When the report came across Hardin's desk, the detective immediately recognized the name. Hardin called Campbell, who had a warrant put out.

About six weeks later, Seattle police responded to a complaint about a loud, boozy party. One of the partygoers was xxxxx, who appeared to be underage. Police ran a warrants check. Bingo.

Back to L.A.

xxx waived extradition, and in a few days, was seated next to Campbell on a Reno Air Reno Air was a scheduled passenger airline that provided service from its hubs at Reno/Tahoe International Airport in Reno, Nevada and San Jose International Airport in San Jose, California to destinations throughout the western United States, with limited service to the US east flight headed for Los Angeles. xxx spent 205 days in jail, but with his case resolved, he is back at home with his parents.

Law enforcement authorities say taggers do what they do because it makes them feel important. They keep newspaper articles about them folded up in their wallets and carry them around forever, police said.

As part of his three-year probation, xxxxx must obtain counseling. In his case, it may be a good idea. Martin said he seems to be dealing with issues from his childhood, mostly having to do with his small size.

``Apparently, he could still wear toddler-size clothes in kindergarten, and didn't lose his baby teeth till he was 9 years old. I think he saw (tagging) as a way where he could say, `Hey, I'm making a name for myself,' '' Martin said.''

Outside his parents' home on Park Arroyo in Calabasas last week, xxxxx voice came through the intercom box, a few feet from the compound's locked gates.

He said he didn't want to be in the press anymore. Asked whether he planned to tag again, he responded:

``I don't need to tag anymore.''

• Like 1