MSK FLICKS

dr. frink one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graffiti has been around way before hip hop has and there are thousands thousands of people around the world who do graffiti and don't even listen to hip hop. Hip hop embraced it but didn't event it...

no body's saying dat at all, it most def was not invented by hip hop, but it spread all around the world cause of it, i mean, that deal rime and those other dudes got of adidas was of the strength of hip hop,

graff is one of the 4 elements of hip hop...along with b-boying, DJing and MCing

thanks for the history lesson, meng.

graff is related to hip-hop because around the time that hip-hop started to spread its popularity alot of kids that happened to write, were digging it.

graff was around before hip-hop, and will likely be around after hip-hop aint cool anymore.

or atleast, i hope so.

Graffiti is not Hip-Hop. It is Egocentric, Selfish, Self-Destructive, Somtimes pointless, Dirty, Grimey, Fun, Thrilling, and a whole lot of other shit, but not Hip-Hop. I read somewhere that the Egyptians hated Hip-Hop and Native Americans defnitely didn't beat box or scratch. Fairy tale Hip-Hop culture is stupid. Just do your own thing and shut the fuck up. Word god son.

BUT EY YO SON' GRAFF IS DA REAL HIP HOP SON' I AM SAYIN' THOUGH B! THE FIFH ELEMENT AN' SHIT KID...WORD STREET. NIGGAZ AINT REAL IF THEY AINT HIP HOP GOD... YA HEARD???

0823014460.jpg

:D :D :D

hahah i looked at dis book and it wuz so funny, HIPHOP #1

IT IS BECAUSE OF HIP-HOP THAT I FIRST DISCOVERED GRAFFITI (ICE-T 12' RHYME PAYS WHERE SLICK AND RISK PAINTED THE BIG ICE-T WITH THE UZI AROUND 86') -AND I LOVE HIP-HOP...ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER TYPE OF MUSIC THAT IS GOOD. I BELIEVE HIP-HOP HAS HAD A HUGE INFLUENCE ON GRAFFITI...UNDENIABLY. AND THEY BOTH DO SHARE A LOT OF THE SAME PHILOSOPHY'S. BUT PERSONALLY I FEEL GRAFFITI IS MUCH MORE EXPANSIVE THAN HIP-HOP...AND IS ITS OWN CULTURE AND MOVEMENT ALTOGETHER, NOT A PART OF ONE.

-NO HOMO.

s23314.jpg

:D :D :D

IT IS BECAUSE OF HIP-HOP THAT I FIRST DISCOVERED GRAFFITI AND I LOVE HIP-HOP...ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER TYPE OF MUSIC THAT IS GOOD. I BELIEVE HIP-HOP HAS HAD A HUGE INFLUENCE ON GRAFFITI...UNDENIABLY. AND THEY BOTH DO SHARE A LOT OF THE SAME PHILOSOPHY'S. BUT PERSONALLY I FEEL GRAFFITI IS MUCH MORE EXPANSIVE THAN HIP-HOP...AND IS ITS OWN CULTURE AND MOVEMENT ALTOGETHER, NOT A PART OF ONE.

-NO HOMO.

shuddertothink.jpg

:sadcrying: :sadcrying: :sadcrying:

now that's more like it

quit wasting everyones time trying to define what graffiti is, graffiti is many things, but let the streets speak for themselves. go do it instead of trying to preach to other people about what you think it is. this is an endless discussion and does not belong on this thread. take it to the toys post here thread fucking jackasses

the point is its subjective to the person doing it. But in all reality, there's more writers that came up bumpin hip hop then there are writers who where bumpin fishbone. Lets be real. Again, it only seems like the ones who listen to fishbone are the ones crying out loud "we aint hip hop". Its like, "SO WHAT" stop complaining. What bothers me is when a writer I watch come up over the years and get good at their craft all the sudden start thinking his personal opinions matter, they don't. No more then anyones personal opinions when your lookin at a piece.

I wanna look at a guys piece and if I feel it, be all about the piece and the work involved, not be thrown off by his attached footnote opinions. shits just silly. The same thing if it said " I love metalica!!!" or "vote republican!" or "Bush is great!", it's like "so what".

the point is its subjective to the person doing it. But in all reality, there's more writers that came up bumpin hip hop then there are writers who where bumpin fishbone. Lets be real. Again, it only seems like the ones who listen to fishbone are the ones crying out loud "we aint hip hop". Its like, "SO WHAT" stop complaining. What bothers me is when a writer I watch come up over the years and get good at their craft all the sudden start thinking his personal opinions matter, they don't. No more then anyones personal opinions when your lookin at a piece.

I wanna look at a guys piece and if I feel it, be all about the piece and the work involved, not be thrown off by his attached footnote opinions. shits just silly. The same thing if it said " I love metalica!!!" or "vote republican!" or "Bush is great!", it's like "so what".

ive known very few writers that listen to hip hop exclusively and i have yet to meet one who actually believes graffiti is a part of hip hop. hip hop just grabbed onto something that was cool at the time because 3 elements just werent enough.