voyage

why write?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

jack kerouac

edit: another great book about hittin the road is a lesser known one called, "blue highways" by william least-heat moon (yes, thats his real name). he loses his, i think he was a college proffessor, job and his wife leaves him on the same day. he decides fuck and by some old map just hits and sticks to the back roads of america. blue highways were what they were referred too before interstates and the like began a bit of domestic terrorism on the american landscape. the pictures of the people of forgotten towns he meets are top notch.

Originally posted by GamblersGrin

jack kerouac

edit: another great book about hittin the road is a lesser known one called, "blue highways" by william least-heat moon (yes, thats his real name). he loses his, i think he was a college proffessor, job and his wife leaves him on the same day. he decides fuck and by some old map just hits and sticks to the back roads of america. blue highways were what they were referred too before interstates and the like began a bit of domestic terrorism on the american landscape. the pictures of the people of forgotten towns he meets are top notch.

I think blue highways has been mentioned on here before.

Give a little more information. You talking a road trip in your car or just tossing on a backpack and seeing how far your feet can take you?

You could just pack up all the shit boxcars mentioned, jump on a train, go to sleep, and try to find out where you are and how you can make it home after waking up where ever the train took you.

Guest HESHIANDET

i would be so down to do some squatter hippy hitch hike train hopping mission except for the fact i like to fuck girls and party. its hard to not fuck nasty hairy aids heroin bitches if your scuzzy like that. i travel by plane and spend my money on drugs and girls. just as enlightening