Guidelines for saying NO to police searches.

High Priest

Originally posted by yeaaaah baby+Oct 31 2004, 09:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yeaaaah baby - Oct 31 2004, 09:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Kablam!@Oct 11 2004, 09:42 PM

What if I use a pair of normal like,wool gloves or whatever, and then wash them after painting. will that work just as well as latex gloves?

no. paint leaks through the gloves. i rock the cotton gloves sometimes, but my pair are stiff from all the paint thats gotten onto them.

[/b]

my can of rustoleum silver just went buck wild yesterday! my gloves are pure silver now....time to rack some more (tent steez yeaaahh baby)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

i dont know if this happens in other states but i am in colorado and recently one of my friends go busted for just having a marker on him. over here they call it "graffiti tools" and he go 100 hours of buffing, 500$ fine and probation (i think)

the law here states that it is illegal for any minor to have any permanent marker with a tip over 3/8 inch wide, can anybody tell me if they got wack laws like that where u live?

i was arrested painting trains a few months ago and have not yet finished court.

a couple weeks ago i was benching in the a close by area where i was arrested and a cop happend to pass by on a near by road and i thought it would have been alright since i was just 'walking the tracks' and the police turned around and came back.. it was a female and a male.. there was a slight distance and the guy said 'hows it goin?' i replied you know whatever.. then as i got closer i realized it was the same cop who had arrested me.. and shortly after asking for my ID he said 'dont i know you from somewhere?' and i said 'yeah you arrested me for graffiti on some trains a couple months ago..'

boy was he pissed.. but i cooperated (for the most part) when i got arrested and so he didnt charge me with anything.. he tried looking at my camera but it was a snapshot (not digital, thank god i had some flicks from graffiti the night before on my digi).. basically we respected each other and he ended up letting me take off and everything was fine... so i guess cooperating and showing respect for the police will make you have a better interaction with them the next time they stop you.. HA!... unless it makes them hate you more for not learning the first time.. haha whatever.. but basically i know about those tricks described in the first post and i agree to most of that stuff even though i didnt think of any of it at the time..

just a quick pointless lame story....

i allowed the police to search my car one time because i didnt have any contraband, I was late to class, and they said that if i didnt consent they would have to call in for a canine. After the search my car wouldnt start. The officer did'nt find anything and jumped my car but the disconnection caused my car stereo to go into theft protection mode. I had to go to the honda dealership so they could remove the radio, get the code off the back, and call it in for my radio to work again. That shit cost me almost a hundred dollars plus 4 point violation for speeding, a big ass fine, my insurance went way up. For some reason 3 state cops showed up, i was mad cooperative. From now on i will absolutely deny a search because if the cops fuck your property up there is little you can do to recover your losses. I called the department and talked with the chief. I was like dog your officer fuct my car up and he tried to tell me that it was my battery. And i was like the battery is less than a month old. And he was like...i'm the law and you are the law breaker and what i say goes and i say my officer didnt cause your car to die and it was pretty much futile from there on.

The best thing you can do is invent your own language. Just start talking in jibberish. In the midst of your banter make it clear that no means no. The only English word you Control is NO and control that shit like your freedom depends on it. Maybe throw in a couple random words

oobda cadatoopter cardboard ipstain NO NO NO sassa frizzafraz ooplop hibbidy Snoop Dogg hoopsady NO. NO NO NO zoppity blubla a frizza fraz NO rooperty roop rop Falafel dippity do da NO. oopster gibso obston oner dishwasher.

Politely and calmly tell the officer to gooperdoop your vindoodle. If all else fails start pole dancing the nearest tree, shake it like a salt shaker. hump the ground Do what ever it takes to divert his attention from that midget sex slave you have tied up in your trunk. Or that dime of funk you absent mindedly neglected to eat. If you do good enough you may be able to plead insanity. You know... pick your nose and wipe it on the squad car or eat it, defecate yourself. Talk in your made up language to a rock. a stick or what ever you can find on the ground, Lick the ground, chew your tounge until blood stains the front of your shirt. pull your hair out.

Hope and Pray that the videocamera in the squad car isnt recording your behavior because you know that shit would end up on Television sooner or later. Then you have to explain yourself to your Family, employer, girlfriend, or what ever the hell you got.

• 2 weeks later...

this ought to be a sticky

dumb story: asleep in a parked van in a state forest. The cops asked for all of our identification, and for some reason no one mentioned the guy asleep in the backseat. They intimidated us into consenting to a search and when they found the guy in the backseat they flipped out. What are the rules regarding searching someone when the person is trespassing?

...tresspasssing is a weird law...basically you're only tresspassin if the person that owns the property says you are...but late at night, or any other suspicious behavior will warrant enough reasonable cause for the police to search you wether you consent or not...the over-riding rule of thumb is 'deny everything' and if you can't think of an excuse, just shut up and don't say anything...the nice thing about tresspassin is that if you can convinve the property owner to drop the charges you're completey free...

Yeah cops aren't any more intelligent than the average person. Like proph said have a good story that makes sense. I was out painting with one of my boys and we were next to a dumpster. We had fresh tags all around us, paint a few feet from us and shit was looking grim. The cop asked what we were doing there and my boy piped up and said "We are looking for cardboard in this dumpster for a school project." At that point it doesnt really matter where you are coming from or where you are going.

Keep your shit simple and to the point. Dont be shakey. After all, you aren't doing anything wrong.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

if you get arrested/stopped try to stay infront of the car while being searched and questioned as much as possible *if the lights are on*

as long as the cars siren lights are on the dash camera is on

the only way to turn them off is to turn off the red and blues

if your stupid and say dumb shit it'll incriminate you

BUT

if your smart you'll deny everything and have a story ready and make sure everyone your with has the same story

bc the mic and camera will discredit anything the cop may lie about or exandurate

the cops know these things but generally assume we dont

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
i was told that it is not illeagle for a minor to be carrying spray paint..just illeagle if its being used to deface property..what would i do if the cop does endd up searching me and finding the cans

its illegal to hold cans in alot of places if your under eighteen.and even if it isnt it's definitely gonna get you detained.

best advice i can give anyone is to not talk to cops.dont try to lie and cover shit up.if you know your in the wrong just stfu.you should NEVER consent to a police search.unfortunately alot of cops dont respect your right to not consent and will just search your ass anyways.this has always been mine and all of my close friends experience...

• 2 months later...

so, about that bit on whether or not you have to provide an officer with your name -

if i lived in a state that did not have that legislation passed, and a cop asked my name, i could refuse to provide that information on the grounds that i was practicing my constitutional right of silence and privacy?

• 1 month later...

this is all fine and dandy... but in the end, it's his word against yours.

idk about yall, but in the chi, cops are DIRTY AS FUCK. and they will search your shit, not care what you say, and lie through their teeth in court.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not going to read all of this right now, but before I forget. I just posted this somewhere else might be relevant and helpful. To my knowledge it's true. Please let me know if anything is false so I can fix it. Also if something was already stated... shut up.

If you have any run ins with them:

While they are small talking (asking for id or whatever) say "Am I free to go?"

They can play this two ways Yes or no.

If they say you are free to go get the fuck out of there.

If they say no that means you are being detained however it doesn't necessarily mean you are under arrest.

Next they will do something like this

"Oh.. this is your bag? I'm just going to look in it real quick, you don't mind right?"

They will word it really funny to confuse you into allowing them to search.

You should say over and over until they stop asking: "I do not consent to a search"

They are allowed to pat you down however this is only to ensure their safety. They can not feel a bag and say oh you have weed you're under arrest. They can however notice a bulge that could be a knife or a gun and detain you for that. So during a pat down it is probably a good idea to tell them about any weapons you are carrying in a non-threatening manor.

If you are under arrest:

No matter how much you think you can talk your way out of it or how much you wanna tell the pig to fuck off, all you should say is "I don't want to answer any of your questions I want to speak with a lawyer" they will be assholes and say oh you want to talk to a lawyer go ahead and call one. This is just a game they play. They can't hold you for longer than 72 hours (i think) without actually charging you. Believe me being held for 72 hours is much better than fines and months or even weeks in jail and eventually they have to let you talk to a lawyer (which the state will provide for you free of charge).

Also anytime you have an interaction with the pigs you should get their badge number. I also watch the car numbers that way I know if one or two cops is actually following me.

This may sound paranoid but whatever better safe than sorry.

or you could just run. Fuck the police.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived