'Fahrenheit 9/11' Sets Documentary Record...but i dont think you should call it one.

mental invalid

Originally posted by mental invalid

and did either attempt to read the articles????

did you???!

im guessing not, so shove it...until you can offer me something better then "bush is a criminal" youre about as worthless as rush limbuagh and all the other sound byte critics who foster partisan bullshit banter...

why do i even bother....

Again, yes, i did read the article. hmmm something better. ok how about this.

(ill put it simply since we are all so fucking stupid here. )

AMOUNT OF WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION FOUND, ON WHICH OUR WAR WAS STARTED? no, seriosly, im asking you.

NUMBER OF BILLION BUSH MADE OF PRIVATE CONTRACTING DEALS, OIL REVENUE?again, this is for you pal.

NUMBER OF AMERICAN SOLDIERS WHO WERE KILLED?

NUMBER OF IRAQIS WHO WERE KILLED?

WHAT WAS THE REASON THEY DIED?

and finally, if your not in the army right now, why dont you go over? or do you just reap the benefits of living here and let other people die for your ideals?

now, what is the comparison of the amount of money bush made off dead kids in iraq from contracting, haliburton, and oil, to the amount moore made in a documentary which may bring about a regime change for which less of our boys might die?

yea, one last request. can you give me a arguement for reelecing bush that doesnt include kerry mudslinging? as a matter of fact you think you can refrain from mudslinging and answer with your own opinions?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BROWNer

yipes.

i'd prefer to hear your own thoughts on the movie

instead of the fancy elitist shit hitchens yaps on about.

by the way, hitchens was all for this invasion and still

is. i think he had a hemorroidal flare up while writing that piece.

i know browner, im having one of my days where i just want a gun...it seems i have a short fuse today..

but my blistering nonsense aside...

i like hitchens, dont always agree with him, but i like him, as well as david brooks...i thought both of them brought up intelligent points, and were not being blabbering boobs in the dumb way that hannity and limbaugh and oreilly are...

i thought they would be good platforms to jump from...

i dont think im going to see the movie, maybe i will, which i cant believe, cause about 2 months ago i couldnt wait to see it...but now all my intellectual friends who i thought were above the babble, are now foaming at the mouth in ways that remind me of people and the Passion...

what moore says is propaganda, and not a documentary....non fiction

its funny, i always wished that the left could get their rush limbaugh, not that we have em, i feel as if we are no better off...

the problem is, is that mike is a neccessary evil...in the media consuming society that we live in, we need mike moore to be our common denominator...if for no other reason, then for the people that assume cause if you call something a documentary it must be fact or if you see it on TV it must be true....

i fear we are heading for an arms race of talking heads....where the mushroom cloud will vaporize decency, debate, and truth.

and let me just tell the fucktards in here that im about as right wing as i am a right angle...i just like to push myself through the cognitive dissonance instead of just gulping the shit down like chocolate milk...

Originally posted by GeraloRivera

yea, one last request. can you give me a arguement for reelecing bush that doesnt include kerry mudslinging? as a matter of fact you think you can refrain from mudslinging and answer with your own opinions?

dickhead, for the last fucking time, im not a republican, its just i can chew gum and walk at the same time...

try it sometime...

ill be voting for kerry, out of lesser of two evils....hooray for inspiring leaders of democracy...

ive just ran into a documentary about bush,and i hear some ill fact

first:

Bush" 41st father and W' grand father was doing bizness with Hitler during the secondworld war

second: the all BEN LADEN Familly was in nyc by 9/11 for a carlyne assembly,the next day they left for saudi arabia via a charter,it made of it the only plane allow to flight by 9/12

damn why let dem go at that time?

illllllll!

holy fucking ignorance!!!

roe, seriously dude, get your head out of your fucking ass! i honestly almost dont even believe it's you typing that shit, or if it is, that you're trying to play some ridiculous joke on us all. what dude said is completely right, you're attacking the person simply because their oppinion differs from yours. fucking ignorance, end of story.

i watched farenheit 911 on the plane today (canal street bootlegs represent). i also read the NETIRE hutchinson article last week, and i have to say that again, dude is doing what every single person that tries to criticise moore does; they attack him instead of the work. instead of questioning why the bin ladens were let out of the country, against the wishes of the FBI, he disses more for not criticising dick clark for giving the OK. who fucking cares? completely irrelivent. then he spends half the thing criticising moore for at one point questioning if al qaida is even involved in 911, then in the movie, just accepts that they were guilty...again, big fucking deal?!?! all he does is attack moore, and slander him personally, and the way he chose to present the film. not the points moore brings up, not the questions he asks, but moore himself. chris hutchinson, eat a dick. this isnt a documentary, but its a god damn incredible look at what is going on in america and behind the scenes. you can dislike moore all day long, but it doesnt change the fact that we're playing russian roulet iwth the world. you can hate moore 17 ways till sunday and it doesnt change that fact.

Originally posted by seeking

holy fucking ignorance!!!

roe, seriously dude, get your head out of your fucking ass! i honestly almost dont even believe it's you typing that shit, or if it is, that you're trying to play some ridiculous joke on us all. what dude said is completely right, you're attacking the person simply because their oppinion differs from yours. fucking ignorance, end of story.

i watched farenheit 911 on the plane today (canal street bootlegs represent). i also read the NETIRE hutchinson article last week, and i have to say that again, dude is doing what every single person that tries to criticise moore does; they attack him instead of the work. instead of questioning why the bin ladens were let out of the country, against the wishes of the FBI, he disses more for not criticising dick clark for giving the OK. who fucking cares? completely irrelivent. then he spends half the thing criticising moore for at one point questioning if al qaida is even involved in 911, then in the movie, just accepts that they were guilty...again, big fucking deal?!?! all he does is attack moore, and slander him personally, and the way he chose to present the film. not the points moore brings up, not the questions he asks, but moore himself. chris hutchinson, eat a dick. this isnt a documentary, but its a god damn incredible look at what is going on in america and behind the scenes. you can dislike moore all day long, but it doesnt change the fact that we're playing russian roulet iwth the world. you can hate moore 17 ways till sunday and it doesnt change that fact.

I said this 4 times and he is fucking talkin about bubble gum and hes not a republican. I think he understands what i wrote, since i clarified it 4 fucking times, but went out of his way to misconstrue what i said so he doesnt have to defend his views.

not worth the effort or time

GO OPRAH! SHOT DEM SAND NAGARS!!! U S A! U S A!!

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by BROWNer

vote for bush cuz you believe in him, not

becuz you're all pissy about left wing commentary.

I DARE YOU!

best reply ever.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

vote for kerry cuz you believe in him, not

becuz you're all pissy about right wing management.

Guest imported_Tesseract

seriously, i'd be feeling really good if americans actually took the huge effort to vote...i dont really care what but i'd like to see you guys take part in whats running your lifes.

There's not one side, not two sides, but as many sides as there are people on this earth to any story. There are many facts that would seem to negate other facts. I must admit that Moore seems to have somewhat disappointed me because I know off the top of my head from what I've read here that there are holes in this documentary and it is inflammatory. (I haven't seen the movie yet. Haven't been able to do much of anything really.) We can have opinion wars and fire factoids at each other all day.... the only way we could effectively do this however is if we had somehow linked together all relevant information (which I'm not against doing in the slightest) into some sort of chronological timeline detailing all states of events, conditions and all contributing factors to the given situation. There are already great resources out there but you cannot find the complete story anywhere. The work is already done. It's simply a matter of hyperlinking the pieces together.

All else aside however, and this may seem to be an opinion but, I still believe that our corporate profiteering is a greater crime than harboring abu nidal or brokering deals with nk. ONLY because we claim to have the moral high ground, we claim to be the worlds police force, and because we set the example being the bigger man. Because our crimes overshadow others. So much so, that perhaps if we were to wipe away all the opinions and relegated facts, we may see this boogeyman we are fighting is one fighting against imperialism for self preservation.

There are only (17?) independent nations left in the world, we are the only superpower, our enemy is our own frankensteins monster. Who else could be responsible? Are the Taliban so cruel because that's what islam teaches? Or is it because we have created a power vacuum there where only the strongest and meanest survive and civilization dies? And to this day, our/afghanistans power barely reaches outside of kabul. Instead we chose to fight in Iraq... on false intelligence. Because they were a major threat to us? If that were the case we would have invaded North Korea instead. Or Iran. But Iraq has oil.... Bush loves oil... Halliburton gets bonuses through FEMA... they are making out like fat rats there is no doubt about that. Regardless of however they try and justify this it is plain to see that they have benefitted greatly and there are greater and growing threats at large.

So you can continue firing salvos from the deep resevoirs of history at each other, certainly it makes for interesting conversation, but we shouldn't idle away our lives on minutae.... there is a bottom line, and we shouldn't be beating around the bush.

Guest imported_Tesseract

you know in australia it's law, you gotta vote.

that's the way it should be.

Aswell here

"and finally, if your not in the army right now, why dont you go over? or do you just reap the benefits of living here and let other people die for your ideals?"

- GeraloRivera

I just found this thread so I apologize for the delayed response to this and I would like to say I am most certainly not attacking anyone's beliefs, but I have a problem with this statement. Isn't it basically the lifestyle of liberals that follow this (not going to war but reaping the benfits of them) Liberals for years have reaped the benefits of wars fought by brave Americans while liberals sat at home and ranted about how they are too "intellectual" to fight in them.

Again, I am not attacking anyone's beliefs, but I would really like to hear what everyone thinks of this.

first of all, hesh wont take the time to actually go and vote, if he is even registered, which i highly, highly[i/] doubt.

secondly, this movie doesnt really point out too many facts that havent already been proven. and the 'facts' it does include; bush's connections with the saudis, saudi involvement in us economics, can very easily be proven, and would not be included if they were false. it talks alot about bush's incompetence, which of course is oppinion. the things he uses to supprt that, are fact and i would love to be proven otherwise. the rest of the movie is just commentary and interviews with people on the war. they dont even pretend to be fact, because there is no fact to be had, its just emotion. if you dont agree with it it, fine, but you also cant argue against it.

if someone has a link to someone that refutes moores facts, and has credible backing, i'd love to read it. long winded oppinions pieces slamming moore are of absolutely no interest to me though.

all in all, again, i think it's a very good movie, and a very important movie because if nothing else, it demands that a whole lot of questions get answered. if it turns out that moore is completely wrong about everything, then the world will be a better place after it's proven. if it turns out he's right, then again, hopefully the world will be a better place.

asking questions is never bad.

Originally posted by i11igul

boo fucking hoo, bush is still a fucking criminal

a couple of things...

this was meant to be a discussion of the term documentary, its meaning, and how it is applied...not a complaint on the liberal media or a defense of bush...i posted the the two articles because they were meant to be confrontational to what i considered was the favored view that the movie is a documentary and the articles could be used as a platform to discuss the merits of something being called such...i thought the articles atleast brought up good points of debate...

the comment of boo-hoo bush is still a fucking criminal, is so far off the fucking mark its like missing the proverbial side of the barn. i felt it reeked of banter and onesidedness and perhaps it irked me a bit...unfortunately i deep sixed my thread by going off with foul spewed rant instead of just asking politely to stay on subject...however my rant was not against his opinion, it was the way it was presented and the fact that it was not relevant...he didnt even bother to read what was said...

clearly the article had not been read when the comment was issued, his use of boo-hoo shows that he, rivera and maybe most, presumed incorrectly that i was complaining and whining at "unfair" treatment of bush...when my agitation was based in the use of documentary... seeking misinterpreted my rant as ignorance...

the debate is not is bush a criminal...besides i lean more towards yes, but i can also lean no...by now i hope i have made clear what the debate was on...

so the short of this midnight rant is really still, a big fuck him and his bush is a criminal observation...its still not the fucking point of the thread, comments like that i find trite and unappealing regardless if it sums up what i think...and really, fucking save it for some other thread...right now im bored with the talk...

by the way i admit a major faux pas on my part, i have not seen the movie yet, though i did mention that, which is sort of the point of this thread...this confusion that i find myself in...my media consumption and the discussion of film vernacular...

rock out with your cocks out with the bush bashing, but i was hoping for a film class and to maybe broaden what little i know of film, and understand maybe why i should call it a documentary, contrary to what i think...

from,

me

Originally posted by ****10

Liberals for years have reaped the benefits of wars fought by brave Americans while liberals sat at home and ranted about how they are too "intellectual" to fight in them.

the majority of the people in the armed forces are democrats. there has also not been a war in 60 years that was worth fighting, or that gained us (or anyone for that matter) anything. if you're gonna come with some sweeping generalizations like this and you expect any kind of discussion, you should bring some kind of even half-formulated backing, because as it stands, you just sound ignorant.

roe,

a word of advice, if you dont want bush bashing, dont begin your thread with moore bashing. it sets the stage for that sort of discussion. if you wanted to discuss the idea that this is not really a documentary, which moore emphatically admits, then do so, but you set this whole thing up to fail, then acted like a fucking baby when it did.

your chronic is no better than the film canister of g-13 seeds you planted, naw'mean.

(and yes, you were being ignorant. two wrongs dont make a right).

i guess youre right seeks. i thought the thread title and my introduction would be clear enough for most, apparently not for those foaming at the mouth...

i wanted a confrontational idea on the subject matter...lets all plays devil advocate! why feed on what we already agree with? (please see my previous post of frank richs article).

how about some mind wrestling..and why the fuck does a discussion of film jargon get twisted into moore "bashing",you words not mine. and how does it lead to a discussion of bush? is that not the same thing you fault hitchens for?

and if moore admits that its not a documentary, i would think that this makes for an even more interesting debate, since for example zesto brings up fair arguments that are in conflict to what even the director said...

i understand what you are saying though, i aimed to high...

oh well....i still say fuck em...i had about an hour conversation with a friend over this(both of us mikey moore fans) and was hoping for the added wisdom of twelve ounce...instead i get two yutzs preaching to a choir who wants to be singing a different song right now....heres a middle finger from me to both of you...i could have averted thread disaster but my pissed of id got the best of me...

shit happens...