about toys...

cdz

(first of all, im not asking anyone to take this to heart)

i am a new member at the 12 ounce boards and if you wanna call me a toy b/c im a "rookie" on the message board, go right ahead. anyway, this message is to anyone who calls someone a toy. in my opinion a toy is someone whose heart isn't into graff. not someone who is shitty at painting. i met a really sincere writer, who loves graff and paints. he is not all that, but he puts everything into it. he goes out and does not paint over anyones work and has a lot of respect for it. so before you call someone a toy next time, just think about what i said. if the person is painting and only doing it b/c its cool, or just to get popular, than they are a toy. if there is no integrity or drive behind it, then they are a toy. peace- cdz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ese

if you really dont think your a toy, then some asshole calling you a toy shouldnt really matter. are you that thin skinned? fuck em...being called a toy isnt the end of the world...

first of all i never said i was a toy, i just wanted to put a reminder in peoples minds. read more carefully -cdz

Originally posted by cdz

first of all i never said i was a toy, i just wanted to put a reminder in peoples minds. read more carefully -cdz

perhaps you should re-read mine. I just said if you know your not a toy, then fuck what anyone says. this is graffiti, people are gonna talk mad shit to you, far worse things than just calling you toy. so if you cant just shrug it off your gonna have problems.

Subject of Toys

Damn this new meessage board is complex. I hope I'm not starting a new subject here...

It seems like a "TOY" is someone without style. I always thought it was a term for beginners who haven't developed a style, but I'm always hearing people claim that "so-and-so is a toy" in a critisim of style and skill, even if the writer is up up up and has been for a while.

Even worse is the overuse of the term "toy" on message boards as a general insult.

that was silly to post anyways, on the board you useually arent labeled, untill you have either A) started off with your first post shooting off at other people talking about how good you are or...B) you prove it by posting the stupidest shit ever, repeatedly....:D those teeth look like my moms. heh. toofy.

If your going to hang out here, people are going to say shit you dont like. Try these three things.

Read or search threads before asking questions.

Actually study the artform if you arent already.

Stand up for yourself, in the sense"DO NOT CALL YOURSELF A TOY"

Thats like a girl calling herself a slut, or your mom calling you GAY.

You dont need it.

Guest HESHIANDET

my mom thought i was gay for a long time. i never brought girls home, i just fucked em and shit. its funny. don't goo crying to the law for everything. hes a mean mother fucker, think hes cool one minute, the next hes got you sittin on death row. bullie dat

Guest wakassOATH

also another big factor of a toy is attitude ie, thinking your a big king and crossing out people or burning over a famouse piece

but mostly its lack of skill

Guest THE LAW

THE LAW usually doesn't read topics like this because they are lame.

Arguing over the semantics of graffiti is something THE LAW may have been interested when he was 15 or so and he could talk better than he could write graffiti...so, he doesn't blame you for attempting it. (Luckily, THE LAW didn't have message boards to make himself look stupid on back then.)

Alas, time changes all things and THE LAW has sprouted new wings which enable him to soar over all this bullshit and not really care about it too much. THE LAW suggests, but not orders, that you all do the same.

In the meantime, pray for the leniency of the court. For certainly you are guilty of some crime THE LAW has not discovered yet.

For all practical purposes, THE LAW sees a "toy" as someone who's in his way.

THE LAW has spoken.

^^^^^^^^^^is there a new requirement that moderators have to speak as if they were moses on the mountaintop, while proclaiming their ideas in the third person?

the mental invalid is just wondering

a toy is not a state of line but a state of mind....

***yes, this third person, edits for mis-spellin****

Originally posted by mental invalid

^^^^^^^^^^is there a new requirement that moderators have to speak as if they were moses on the mountaintop, while proclaimg their ideas in the third person?

the mental invalid is just wondering

a toy is not a state of line but a state of mind....

you are right. its kinda ridiculous...

-cdz has spoken:D

Guest CROME12DVS

I FIND THAT ALOT NOT ALL OF TOY WRITERS ARE ACTUALY KIDS THAT DONT JUST HAVE TIME TO WRITE ALL THE TIME THEY HUSTLE WORK AND HAVE BETTER THINGZ TO DO THAN WRITE ON A WALL ALL THE TIME AND ALOT OF TOYS ARE REALER THAN NIGGAZ THATS UP WHEN IT COMES TO BEEF, SO CARFULL BUFFING NIGGAZ JUST CAUSE THEIR SHIT LOOKS WACK!:eek: :o

• 4 years later...
(first of all, im not asking anyone to take this to heart)

i am a new member at the 12 ounce boards and if you wanna call me a toy b/c im a "rookie" on the message board, go right ahead. anyway, this message is to anyone who calls someone a toy. in my opinion a toy is someone whose heart isn't into graff. not someone who is shitty at painting. i met a really sincere writer, who loves graff and paints. he is not all that, but he puts everything into it. he goes out and does not paint over anyones work and has a lot of respect for it. so before you call someone a toy next time, just think about what i said. if the person is painting and only doing it b/c its cool, or just to get popular, than they are a toy. if there is no integrity or drive behind it, then they are a toy. peace- cdz

It's just a word to me. All the word TOY means to me is that I have work to do. I need to get to that next level, you feel me. I know that when it comes down to it, I ain't no bitch, or hoe or anything so I don't trip on that shit. Look @ it like this, when ever you start something in life that you have never done before or that you have little experience in you are given some kind of title. In football you are a "rookie", in the military you are a "booter", in high school you are a "freshman", ect. They are just names that are given. It is up to you to change that name. Stay a TOY or get better and be CROWNED! Do what you do. 173!

:scrambled:

the Meaning Toy its the meaning newbie everyone is a toy as in everyone is new to the game its just a part you have to play in the game and if you dont like it u lived about 10 years as a newbie (childhood) and no one eva really gets ova toy situation they may have great style nice painting and all that but there always learning new things everyday its called life so get ova a little word...

Toy: Originally a writer with no status or recognition, usually due to lack of hits or masterpieces.

Toy: One who claims to write but has little or no track record as opposed to beginner, amateur, experienced yet deemed unprofessional, wack style, etc.

to me someone is a toy when they use aerosol writing strictly to vandalize, deface, destroy rather than "decorate".

being a toy is pathetic - because it was your free will to be a toy. If u're open minded and have the will to rock some serious shit, you (will seriously) do it and don't argue bout it. However, most of the writer were lame/weak styler/bomber - and only a few rock the shit - but that does not mean they are all toys. U're only a toy if you act like a toy. There are people who are into the scene since 20 years and have no style - but they are still the chief rocker.

Toy: Originally a writer with no status or recognition, usually due to lack of hits or masterpieces.

Toy: One who claims to write but has little or no track record as opposed to beginner, amateur, experienced yet deemed unprofessional, wack style, etc.

to me someone is a toy when they use aerosol writing strictly to vandalize, deface, destroy rather than "decorate".

WORD UP SON! Kick that that shit. Peace 173

:scrambled:

Archived