Hall of Fame 2004

Nic Thamaire

ha#8481234 makes a great point,,,theres pleanty of people in nyc that should be painting that event,,,but im sure politics & egos has something to do with it ,,,hell they just may not care to paint the spot

i dont see whats the big deal behind the kay slay,,,you all should be more upset behind the fact that marco was allowed to get down,,,marco??????? how do you go from tc5 to marco,,

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
p.s been was deep inside the mind sponsoring it? and if so was it you guys who did invites?

No we did not sponsor the event...

i doubt anyone will answer but how the fuck are these people getting invited?

Joey TDS and Part TDS usually do the inviting.. and remember there are certain walls that go to the same crews every year...

There is not enough wall space to invite all the legends that have made their mark on the trains and streets of NYC, let alone invite people from other states and countries... Like I said I think the wall should get done every 6 months... by different people each time...

You have to also remember that the Hall of fame is and has been for piecing.. Burners and productions.. The street bombers are a very important part of the culture but when it comes to the Hall of fame it gets the short end of the stick.. and you also could not hold an event for bombers with all the drama out there.. it would be more of a steal cage match... Plus VS would have a field day...

Hall of Fame

I remeber a time of Back to back burners at the hall of fame.

It seems like people have forgotten the point of all this. The Lettering STYLE!

It seems today more people are try'n the best to become the graffiti mural pro

blazing incredible art work with the most hurting pieces I've ever seen. Tight aerosol handy work by all means is wonderful and very visually impressive but it all comes down to, "Does your piece have what it takes to be at the hall of fame or are you a back ground sucker blowing it up for the old writers who are keeping it alive for all of us?"

I'd like to thank FC FBA TC5 and all the other true to the game writers who never let me down. The US, NY in perticular, is infamous to the lettering styles. If we lose that which will happen eventually if people don't recognize, we won't be much of any thing.

Keep it real! Keep it Classic! Keep it graffiti!

Thank you old school writers, there are many of you we all have to thank!

Doc, Dash, West, Keo, Kaze, Serve, Wane, Wen,.... etc...etc

there are tons more I'm leaving out but they know who they are. Most of the will tell you if you need to be told.

SEW

Originally posted by ha#8481234

i doubt anyone will answer but how the fuck are these people getting invited? and by the way ewok the tc5 wall was hot, but i believe you burned everyone this year.

wow, thats a big comment to make, thanx but it lies in the eyes of the beholder.

but never the less , good lookin.

heres an armadillo for ya as a token of my appreciation.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/mammal/xenarthra/argarmadill2sm.jpg'>

useless ramble...

im still wondering who did those 3d pieces on that main wall...kayslay rocked his simple style joint...part had the billboard...assortment of ymi kids painted the background....what about the 3d pieces floating about??? ymi as well? if so they came thru and rocked that wall proper...little bit of old school mixed with new school perspective...most old school writers cant flip that mad detailed cutting in no outline shit....german paint and caps help...but if you dont have skills in the first place paint and caps dont mean shit really...on the other hand...how many new schoolers can rock classic new york stee??? so fuck the bickering...its apples and oranges...one hand washed the other on that wall...im sure ymi wanted to be a part of the wall cause its somewhat of an honor to paint the hall of fame...or at least it used to be...and not too many old school cats at least the ones i know can or even want to paint backgrounds as detailed like that...they usually just wanna slap their piece up and be done with it...which may be the case with kayslay...but i still thought the wall looked hot...and im assuming not all the heads on the wall knew each other well enough to really collab and figure out what works here and there...so...take it for what it is...

random question popping into my head at 5:02am while stoned off haze and klonopins...

was dez unable to step to the wall and off the dome do a piece that fit the overall style and theme of the wall???or were the ymi kids unable to rock background more fitting to dez's classic new york style piece???was there not enough collaboration btwn everyone on the wall about concept or style???or were there many discussions on what should go where and what something should look like and so on and so forth???why is modest mouse playing rediculous music on mtv as i type???questions to answers we may never know...

Guest sneak

Re: random question popping into my head at 5:02am while stoned off haze and klonopins...

Originally posted by Thomas Crown

was dez unable to step to the wall and off the dome do a piece that fit the overall style and theme of the wall???or were the ymi kids unable to rock background more fitting to dez's classic new york style piece???

to be honest, i personally think that dez should have made more of an effort ot go with the "flow" of the wall. From what i can see, the YMI background is pretty fitting to the general image of New York graff that is given out.

eh, what do i know.

the hall aint about murals kiddies..nyc and the hall is about letters , graffiti,, not anything else, in my book anyway, id say most have lost focus of this, a very small hand full of heads really keep the spirit and look of GRAFFITI letter style in mind when they step to the wall these days,, yes there is a certain look, a cretain feel a piece should have, just like japanamation got its own look, disney cartoons got there own look,,etc. very few can or try to rock really fresh LETTER style in nyc anymore,,not saying im anti evolution or progression, bla bla bla,,, but there is a graffiti style its its own entity and movement which can stand on its own, and most have lost focus of this

Fame 101

ON this subject I do agree.

Check out the definition for FAME

I can assure you that its not Murals or Backgrounds

Thats they're wall, you don't like it, do your own walls, but the HALL OF FAME is what it is, so respect that.

SIMPLY

HALL OF FAME, with FAME Underlined

skills aint shit without the fame

peqce

Re: Rapsody, Put a quarter in your ass...

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th

Ok, here we go.. Another Keyboard Cowboy who ia ob 12 oz daily, but makes up a "new" screen name, so he can talk shit, but remain anonymous.

--------------

*Kool Dash 167th*

--First Class King--

:lol: :lol: man u make my day every time u post back to some fag

when u commin back down to lil H again

Archived