Hall of Fame 2004

Nic Thamaire

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OBNOXIOUS

The next few statements im about to make are gonna piss off a few heads in here, but then if i cared i wouldnt be making them, now with my standpoint clear please allow me to proceed.

1-to all those stubborn-lame-ass-no-skill-repetitive-muthafuckaz in here talking all that graffiti crap, why dont you pull your heads out your asses for a few minutes and actually view the above mural through a spectacle of progress rather than hate and jealousy ? u will then realise how ignorant all your statements sounded !.

2-as for those of you whose arguments is that " the mural is not graffiti" why dont you propose a simple definition for the word ( not that your lame ass opinions matter anyways ) graffiti is not the first case to suffer from counter-progressive imbiciles ignorant fools have always vainly tryed to defy evolution in favor of "tradition" take for instance the case of the shape of this planet , the ancients (and specifically the churches)thought that the earth was flat and when science discovered that it wasnt

they stubbornly and violently REFUSED to accept it, but to no avail!

now does that reverse the laws and flatten our good ol spherical earth ? to say thet the above mural is not graffiti is like Alexander Grahm Bell coming back now and telling us that cellphones are not phones, and we should stick to the original structure of phones in their primitive states, now would you give up your 3 ways and settle for a the cumbersome skeletal of the early tellephones ?.

all respect due to the originators in all things, but gentlemen evolution is necessary, not only did the YMI crew kept true to the new skool they also took it way back into the 4rth century with that " Kufic" scripture written on the front of the main building , now how fucking old skool does it get ?, but i know most of ya'll are eaither too tucked in way underneath Gay-Slay's nuts to notice the significance, or just not culturally educated enough to do so,

3-its about time we stop letting those stubborn muthafuckas ( too stuck in the 70s to enjoy the millenia ) tell us what graffiti is or should be, all art forms flourished and and evolved freely, wether it be , chiorosque, surrealism, cubism,or impressionism, so why is it that something born of love and struggle like graffiti shouldnt be able to ?, we all need to stop hiding behind a fucking tag and fame and express ourselves through this medium of aerosol freely at thesame time staying true to the culture.

4-Style King or whatever the fuck you call yourself, i have a stong suspicion that u are either kay-slay himself or worse : some dumb groopie whose mouth is so full of Dez's nuts that you lost your own identity, eitherway you sound fuckin pathetic! and so do you Pharoe,i dont care how often does DEZ practice or how much bussiness he has to handle bottom line is if you been writing thesame shit for 30 fucking years ( which i find sympathetic ) you shouldf be able to master it. point blank.

5-lets face it the YMI crew did not get invited to paint the wall because they ware favoured above other crews they got invited to paint the wall because the size of the shit is a monster, and as usual the older dudes are too lazy and undedicated to do it alone or even worse they couldnt come up with a concept to save their lives, and as usual they leave the heavy duty for the young and talented, those YMI kids fucking camped out in front of that wall for 8 days straight painting their ass off for 16 to 20 hours a day , noe thats fucking HARDCORE !

6-RESPECT to New York for giving graffiti to the world, and Europe for taking it to another level, i cherish the origins of graffiti wether im killing a corporate mural down town Berlin, or straight rocking a whole car in the J line of Paris, my heart burns with one thing only " Graffiti", and if anybody is trying to make a living out of this craft you might wanna learn to paint a few other things besides just your fucking name

0-finally to answear certain questions and clarify few other points, 1- the mural in question is not buffed its still intact and running unfortunately including the wack ass Kay-Slay pieace 2-YMI is not from Europe , they are all from our good ol' NYC (i bet some cats now feel stupid ) with the exception of the black kid who is from west Africa, 3-the people who painted the wall are SEK3,NAMES,AINT,CERN,SPACE,NATIVE,

PEACE

Re: OBNOXIOUS

Originally posted by Rhapsody

2-YMI is not from Europe , they are all from our good ol' NYC (i bet some cats now feel stupid ) with the exception of the black kid who is from west Africa, 3-the people who painted the wall are SEK3,NAMES,AINT,CERN,SPACE,NATIVE,

PEACE

true. sek3 and i go way back.

rapsoda!

4-Style King or whatever the fuck you call yourself, i have a stong suspicion that u are either kay-slay himself or worse : some dumb groopie whose mouth is so full of Dez's nuts that you lost your own identity, eitherway you sound fuckin pathetic! and so do you Pharoe,i dont care how often does DEZ practice or how much bussiness he has to handle bottom line is if you been writing thesame shit for 30 fucking years ( which i find sympathetic ) you shouldf be able to master it. point blank.

FIRST THINGS FIRST...if only you knew who i was...??

Dez is the foundation for GOOD style...hes old,and when he steps,

he comes correct!thats pretty awesome for an old guy like him, to still come to the hall of fame in 2004, and bless with some real Funky ass letters!,most of them old guys cant even hang with him!and yes he perfected and mastered hes own original style...thats it!would there be a dero,rens,skeme etc etc??he had impact!fact...closed!

Style-king dont make me bring out the all the junk, Kay-Slay would have been better off writing Dez, he mastered his style my ass !! i was there at the wall of fame , i watched the guy paint , when he was using Montana Aliens he was catching more drips than a fucking water in a basket, there was a point when he had to stop and ask a the younger dude next to him what caps to use ? , to his amazement he was using a fucking thin cap! cmon kid ! his outlines alone ware fatter than than somebody's fill ins , ! and you still call that a fucking king ! ?

Rapsody, Put a quarter in your ass...

Ok, here we go.. Another Keyboard Cowboy who ia ob 12 oz daily, but makes up a "new" screen name, so he can talk shit, but remain anonymous.

First off, you are obviously a toy AND a pussy and most likely NOT from New York, or you would stand behind your comments by adding your name to your rant.

1. ok, so the mural is a dope "Painting".

Diego Rivera also made dope "paintings", but no one is trying to call them GRAFF. I'm sure the kids in YMI progressed from lesser painters into better painters.. Hoorayyyyy for them, and thie personal acomplishment. Does this mean that they broke any new ground as WRITERS?

2. In New York, a WRITER, writes the NAME.

He develops style and bombs to get the NAME up. He PROGRESSES from marker hits to paint hits, he progresses from Tags to Throw-Ups and maybe eventually to MasterPieces. All the while, in this process, he is WRITING. Eventually, the letters he is writing, actually become ILLUSTRATIONS of the NAME, because the WRITER needs to DRAW them, as they get to big to just write them in PRINT. Once the writer begins to add color and technique to this Masterpiece, it can be argued that the Piece can be considered a work of "ART" (whatever THAT means). Then the writer adds a background IF it is necceassary to cover any previous writing that may be distradting from his NAME. Characters or dingbats can be added to draw attention to the NAME, if desired.

If a WRITER does not write the NAME, then it is not GRAFF, by New York Defenition.

It was not the "ANCIENTS" but the Ignorant Medieval Europeans who insisted the earth was flat. Science didn't PROVE the Earth was Round, The "ANCIENTS" were well aware of it as far back as 5000 B.C.E. The Grand Master and Multi - Genious IMHOTEP of the early Egyptian dynastic period, gave us the Circumference of the Earth nearly 7,000 years ago. Modern Science gets NO DAP, there is nothing NEW under the sun.

Just by mentioning the words Church and Ancient in the same breath you are proving your own ignorance, and if I was to get into symantics with you, you would be laughed off this message board as a DUMB ASS Pseudo -Intelectual.

Ooooohhhh, wow, YMI wrote some funny script from the 4th century, wow thats old school. Were you trying to get applause for that one? 'cause you sounded like you wanted a round of applause, as if you had made a point. Asshole!

DOC, had an Egyptian Pharaoh as BBOY character next to his piece, that's old School, AND it sure looked like good ole' GRAFF to me.

No one here is on DEZ's jock, this isn't even about DEZ OR YMI at all. This is about NEW JACK, ART FAG, OUT OF TOWN, SCARED TO DEATH, PUUSY ASS WHITE BOYS like yourself, trying to present an opinion on the INTERNET, behind the SAFETY of your keyboard. Since you were at the event, like you say, why didn't you go up to DEZ and speak freely and tell him to "pull his head out of his ass", or to do a better piece? WHY NOT??? Beacouse you are a FAGGOT that's why!!!

3. Graff has evolved and will continue to evolve. The WRITERS who push themselves and continue to ad new flavor to the mix, KNOW WHO THEY ARE. Although it is a global collective, it's not a big group, but for the most part, know and respect each other, respect the originators, the ancestors and most importantly "RESPECT THE CRAFT".

You mention staying TRUE to the culture, what culture is that? The downtown, trucker hat art fag culture? You don't know shit about the NY GRAFF Culture, if you did, you could not possibly disrespect a WRITER like DEZ.

4. Style Is King is NOT DEZ, but trust me ou would be on his dick if you knew what he wrote. He is actually one of the leaders in style, quality and innovation on the global scale. All you Graff Mag Toys LOOOOOVE him.. HAHAH

AND, Rapsody YOU PUSSY, don't ever adress me in a sentence unless you STATE YOUR NAME.

5. YMI got invite because part met them at another event in Philly, and they were cool kids.

cool kids who specialize in Tedious, time consuming BACKGROUNDS. As time has passed and more and more "Non-Graff" elements have been accepted into the Graff Mainstream, it is easy to see how Part would allow them to come in and do a BACHGROUND for his piece.

Now THERE'S a fucking concept... HERB SOME TOYS, AND HAVE THEM DO YOUR WHOLE WALL FOR YOU. Shit, Part is a fucking Genious!!!

You new jacks forget that it was OLD SCHOOL WRITERS that started the Concept of "CONCEPTS", you dickhead!!

When the trains died out, and most writers retreated to painting under bridges and tracks and tunnels. Even legal walls looked illegal, like 5 writers just happened to piece next to each other and do inividual backgrounds.

Until MY CREW, FC- FAME CITY began rocking BIG CONCEPT DRIVEN PRODUCTIONS ON WALLS where the whole crew collaborated and came up with a significant and comunicative theme to project to the general pubic and the writing comunity.

Shortly after that, the FX cre followed in our footsteps and took it further by locking down a large number of walls and getting scaffolds and spray guns.

After all that shit hit the magazines, EVERY FUCKING CREW on the planet, cant do a wall now unless it's a "CONCEPT".

WE evolved GRAFF you fucking dick, RIGHT HERE IN NEW YORK, and we never needed a WEEK of 16 HOUR DAYS to do it.

6. If you respect graff, and graff WRITERS, you would follow this post with a public apology, and tell everyone here what you write so they could look down on you with disgust the next time you come up jocking for someone to sign your book.

Painting things other than your name is dope.

Making money is dope.

Painting random objects and scenery and trying to pass it off as graff is just as bad as that art fag who draws the octopuss.

7. Good thing you mentioned those guys "Tags", 'cause otherwise NOONE would have ever known what they WRITE.

-----------

After looking back and realizing I just wasted 10 minutes writing this to try and rectify the possible damage you may have caused to some of the younger, weaker minds here on 12oz, I have decided that I actually DON'T want to know what you write for fear that I might get arrested for BREAKING YOUR FUCKING JAW if I ever met you.

--------------

*Kool Dash 167th*

--First Class King--

why??????????

dash i got a question. Maybe you will answer maybe not, but who does the invites to paint? If it is part how is he struggling to find guys? Im sure a whole lot of writers would be willing t go if the shit was legit. Theres a ton of legit old school new york heads that im sure would paint. why don't they make it how it should be and have it strictly kings and better. just a question if you can answer it thats cool. Im assuming it got something to do with the politics you mentioned. But marco the octopus man should have a invitation no mater what.

Dash I'm sorry can I take this one... The Hall of fame has a lot of politics behind it..

there are quite a few writers that don't want to get involved in the politics... and then there are certain walls that are given to certain crews.. and well deserved..

next there are alot of old school writers that are too rusty to go out and paint.. just because guys were rocking trains and walls 10-20-30 years ago, that does not mean that they can pick up a can and paint a wall like they did back then...

Dash you can add your view points...

My solution would be to paint the wall twice a year... with different writers each time... each wall runs 6 months...

As for opening a can of worms.. I love it, it gets people really thinking... and like I said, "Dez does deserve to paint on the wall" but I would like to see him go all out.. even if it's an all out fill-in...

Been3 BYB WALLNUTS

the truth!

here we have a classic example on someone who just wants to talk shit

and someone who drops some fucking knowledge!suckers beware of the truth!these arguements are sometimes point/endless,they always think their the shit, and its their shit that counts...hell no!it feels like its a waste of time, trying to knock some senses into these clowns,but nevertheless iam glad someone defend(stand up)4 our writerculture and say how it really is....or how would they ever learn?they are too wack to learn and go back into the NYC history,exactly why we need people like dez to come around from time to time,shits still CLASSIC style!

Guest MONSTERKIDZ

"Stictly Kings and BETTER" that has always been the motto of the HOF. I think it is a shame that politics have ruined graffiti. I'd much rather see pieces by guys who deserve to be there. Why invite kids who aren't even king of there block? It's a slap in the face to anyone who is from NYC and that actually painted illegaly. Some people that come to mind are Vet, Pove, Tabe, Louie, Stak, Camp, Sien5, Cavs etc. etc. This is NYC it can't be that hard to get creditable guys to paint and drop the dead weight.

damn...that was a pretty ill e-sonning...haha..

seriously tho...nitpicking on dez for not knowing which cap to use is some herb shit...in his prime....or even 5 years ago for that matter..there wasn't all this fancy euro paint and 14 kinds of skinnies and 12 kinds of fatcaps...i paint on the regular and i still don't fuck with half of these new caps...that's some graf nerd shit...

i don't know why people really feel the need to criticize other writers who don't live up to your expectations though...that's the problem with this generation of internet writers...total lack of common sense and respect for people who've been there while you were in diapers...or swimmin in your pops nuts...

yea i wasnt really talking about writers from the 70's. im talking sein5 uw,........why not uw? hey dash whats up with dero? hall of fame- no ces? come on. vet wounld be nice heres more how bout reas? cavs? the whole family ... you should know who they are, shit emit might come here if invited, theres the hi crew from connetitut,other cats like sket,eros,mone,ghost,other imok blt headslike sub and gaze.and then there were no regulars like seen, kase, zephyr,revolt. i wouldnt even mind seeing sar and fuzz. so come on you cant say all these guys are rusty there has to be something else. and dash is dero still painting or will he ever again? and yes i do fucking jock dero for everyone who will say that. but in conclusion the hall of fame could be fucking great. i would say like graf a thon 94 in patterson. have it all legends or not just legends but kids with skills that comtribute to ny graf. peace,wez

p.s been was deep inside the mind sponsoring it? and if so was it you guys who did invites?

U FOOL ASS NIGGAZ DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING BOUT....JUST SPEWING OUT HATE.....EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP....NOBODY KNOWS SLAY AND NOBODY KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT HAPPEN BACK IN THE DAY....SO SHUT THE FUCK UP BECAUSE NONE OF UR OPINIONS MATTER OR R GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING....SO UNLESS U GONNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....SIT BACK AND WATCH.....

AND HE WAS BOMBIN TRAINS WITH STYLE WHEN UR PARENTS WHERE KIDS....NIGGAZ WATCH STYLE WARS AND THINK THEY KNOW THERE HISTORY.....:lol::lol:....back in the day niggaz that talked more then they wrote got jacked and smacked.....plain n simple///

Archived