Hall of Fame 2004

Nic Thamaire

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?????

So who went over him???

Any smackdowns handed out yet....

Damn KaySlayed got slayed maybe it was one of those DJ's

he be calling out on his music>>>.

None the less The Dezzy Dez burns always Letter Fresh to death,

The way its supposed to be, not the mostest not the beautifullest

but letter fucking fresh

Im out with Madclout

Who went to HOF and saw that he got buffed? anyone? no no no not the small picture with chessy watermark that looked like it was photoshop'd to make it look like it was buffed....is everyone here really thinking that is the real deal? I think he buffed it out himself to make point and to get people going.

but hey i could be wrong....

Obviously you guys are losing the point.. I should've expected that.. I would of preferred Kay slay going up there and doing some silver block busters to.. I don't care if the others would have done simple styled back ground, but they did not.. and I don't expect Dez to do a 3D piece, but to go up to the wall not say what's up to the other artist that were hooking up the TDS wall for TDS, with there own paint, slap the piece that he did over the characters that were already sketched on the wall. since he was supposed to go on another billboard just like Part did.. and not even care that there was a concept and an area set aside for him to shine... It took the air out of the writers the were doing the background. if you look at the wall you can see that they tried to work around his piece but they just couldn't do it.. and they just gave up.. they left the wall unfinished (the mountains)

The TC5/FC wall looks hot cause they came with a plan and executed it... So did TAT and that is why there walls do come out so tight.. They work together...

You should have to have integrity in whatever it is you do. that is what separates you from the rest.. and just because you were painting does not mean you let go of your integrity..

by the way I've been writing for 27 years and yes without these guys most of the writers today would not be writing, but even back then when a crew decided to do a production or wholecars everyone had to give up a little in order for the production or wholecar to come off..

And I've been going to the Hall of fame since it first got painted by Dez, Volcan & Jean13(he did the Sting Ray piece and also helped Volcan evolve into the writer that he became) and like I said he should be on the wall... but if you are not going to do your best and you're basically doing the wall with no desire and you basically look like all you care about is getting jocked by young writers and rap kids... don't paint!.... I don't care if you're old school, I don't care about fame, I don't give a fuck about the Hall of fame and I really don't care if you agree with me, but I do care that our community (the writing community) go out there and do our best whether you're a bomber or a legal eagle. We need to get better every time we go out and we need to work together to improve our community and the work we put out... I've said it before and I will say it again what ever does not evolve becomes extinct... I know most of you wont get this but I still have to put it out there...

Respect is earned and just because you did a train 20-30 years ago doesn't mean you should get respect now.. I did trains and I don't expect anyone to give me respect if I didn't give you respect.. If I were going to an event where I will be going to be show casing my skills, to show everyone that will see the wall that us old school writers can still burn.... and improve.. but if I were to go up there do the same outline I did a few years back, not finish my piece and have another writer finish it for me... all the while fucking up the concept that was prepared for the wall.. It's no wonder the younger generation doesn't respect the old school....

Man, I can go on.. but most of this will fall on deaf ears.. so fuck it.. we can all praise the old school but if the old school is going to be part of the new school, the old school should come correct... and do the best the old school can no matter how fucked up the piece looks...if not stay in retirement...

For all you bitch ass drones praising the old school (of which I am a part of) and all of their actions no matter how stupid and stagnating they may be...while taking everything at face value without standing up with your own opinions... Here is the wall in it's original state...

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v16/flixster/HOfame.jpg'>

woulda been niceto see the kay slay on a truck, they shoulda put that truck on the other side , more sideways..... whos idea was it to do a truck in a city wit no tags on it????? thats what i dont get.

that truck makes me wanna write all over it..... and im not even supposed to paint o that wall.... if i was scant, i d go right for that truck .lolllllllllllllllll

i shouldnt even jinx the h.o.f like that, lemme chill.:idea:

flixster

maybe you should of said that in your first explanation. That is fucked up if he just went to the wall and didnt pay attention to a plan that was laid out and went over scetches. that is fucked up, but you made it sound like he was just buffed for no reason. his peice would of definatly looked better on a billboard.

That KAYSLAY pIECE DOES not belong on that production

If he really came with that kind of fucked up attitude, thinking he is the shit, then fuck it buff him. its the same fukin piece hes done time and time again. stick to the wheels of steels sunny.

if he took some time out and communicated with the other writers on the wall they probably could have made it work out.

sounds like kay slay is becoming an ignorant fuck trying to live off some old school fame that most could give a fuck less about.

dam,the way that it sounded was like kayslay was str8 up dissed for no reason. now what i'm interpreting is that kayslay was just gassed up calling the shots,not willing to work with a concept. i would love to formulate my own opinion, however i still can't see the dam flick. can someone just drop a link of the wall.

:dazed: & :confused:

Originally posted by BADMUTHAFUKA

dam,the way that it sounded was like kayslay was str8 up dissed for no reason. now what i'm interpreting is that kayslay was just gassed up calling the shots,not willing to work with a concept. i would love to formulate my own opinion, however i still can't see the dam flick. can someone just drop a link of the wall.

:dazed: & :confused:

I was also under the impression that dudes just buffed his shit for the hell of it....Who finished the piece for him? Anyone? And a better pic would be great, one where we can all see who's on that wall....

Guest emit_df

Re: more

Originally posted by ha#8481234

i forgot some. how bout emit, sub, gaze, kaws,the rest of fc, theres also a ton more who im sure would love to paint the hall of fame instead of the trendie eauropeans. nothing against europeans, but give it to the new york heads who deserve it. then it will be hot.

that's a great idea!!

Guest Hustleman

Re: WHAT??

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th

WITHOUT THE "KAY SLAY" , THAT WALL ISN'T EVEN GRAFFITI.

I'D RATHER SEE DEZ AND SKEME WIPE THERE ASS AND TAG THAT WALL WITH SHIT STAINS THAN TO SEE THAT BULLSHIT MURAL.

DASHEROCKWELLZ < STILL REMEMBERS GRAFFITI, NEW YORK STYLE.

FAME CITY KINGS

..exactly, 1st of all that dez is fresh, those dudes (DEZ N THEM)built that spot, and personally, wen i go to chek that event evryyear,,or any painting i see,,im check for letter style,everything else is str8 ARTificial sweetner , id rather see a burner on an unprimed concrete wall than sum ol cinematic 'ART' background it, TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD,, FUCK THAT , AND IVE DONE PLENTY OF BOTH, BUT YO , THAT SHIT IS PLAYED,,,BRING YOUR LETTER SKILLS TO THE BATTLE AND NOTHIN ELSE,IF U TALKIN BOUT GRAFFITI WRITING...

That's what I'm talking about there was no letter style in his piece.. Let say fuck the production what he did was fucked up.. but if we break everything down a get into lettering do you think he put in the effort..?

He can do better... I personally would rather see him do a Dez.. I believe in letter style and I have a question.. should you improve your lettering everytime you come out? or should you just change the position of an arrow and call it a wrap...

As far as the 3D lettering, I can't do it so I really can't comment on it.. I don't know if the guys are improving everytime they do a 3D style piece... I'll do some research on it...

and stop bitching about the size of the images.. If you want to see it a bit bigger go to NYC and see the wall up close.. If you can't.... take what you can get..

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v16/flixster/21321.jpg'>

gayslay

he messed up rap songs,

now he's messing up graffiti,

and he calls himself

drama queen exclusive

not commenting on the graffiti artists though, just the dj

I'll stick to red alert... on the red light....

peqce

but yeah that mural is ill no matter what, nothing can bring it down

Allright!!

All you bunch of PUSSY's nned to shut the fuck up.

ESPECIALLY the 2 miami TOYS in here..

(TIME HAS COME = MIGS "The Jesus Freak" One"

and..

REKAL "How hard can I Swing off of TEAL and FC's nuts " FDC

First off, DEZZY DEZ was a KING in his time. He actually WRECKED the lines, he didn't just get his fame from Henry Chalfant's favoritism, like others in Subway Art and Style Wars.

He dominated the IRT lines in the early 80's, He innovated alot of Style and Fill Ins, He taught and influenced many an upcoming writer.

But most of all, he blessed the lines with Quality Work, and DOPE letter Style.

He deserves respect for the work he put in. Period.

----------------

Everyone knows the Graffiti Hall of Fame is full of Politics nowadays. (And those who don't know, No You Know)

----------------

The Event was started in 1996 to celebrate TDS "The Death Squad" 20th aniversary.

The members of TDS figured they couldn't fill up all the walls, so they chose to invite other crews, THAT THEY RESPECTED, to rock alongside them.

But like all things, throught the years the event has gotten watered down.

SOOOOO, watered down, that most of the people who get invited, or have PERMANENT slots there, don't even want to paint anymore.

SOOOOO watered down that PART TDS is willing to give a bunch of NOBODYS, like YMI a shot to represent.

----------------

There was no planning to that wall, the plan was just: "These kids are gonna do the background and Me n Dez are gonna do pieces".

Dez shows up to paint the hall of fame every year at Part's request.

- He is not an active writer, he is busy with his music career.

- He does not give a SHIT if toys jock him, in fact, he doesn't talk to anyone he don't know when he is there.

- He does not get involved in the "concept" he just does his piece. Sometimes he gets a buisness call, and bounces and doesn't come back.

Part and Dez are old friends, so Part ussually finishes his piece, and is happy to see some remnants of the OLD TDS on the wall.

After all, these are the guys who Started the Hall of Fame almost 30 yrs ago. Shit, Part was piecing there even before it was the Hall of Fame.

-------------

So if you bitter, whining bitches don't like what goes on there... DON'T SHOW UP. Most likely you aint the caliber of writer who should rock there anyway.

AND if you feel so strongly about it, then please, DO SHOW UP and state all those opinions in person.

I'm sure DEZ would love to have you stand in front of him, look up at him and say: "You got no style, your shit don't belong on this wall, you don't have enough passion, etc"

HAHAHAHAH

-------------

Been 3, BYB opened up a can of worms with this one... I aint mad, Been has my respect, and no one can blame him if he's a computer wiz and can edit flics in Photoshop, its all good.

But now we got niggaz playing GOD in GRAFF??

That's weak.

-------------

Still, Been's comments don't bother me nearly as much as the bandwagon commentaery from all these NOBODYS in this thread, ESPECIALY the ANONYMOUS ones. You are a bunch of SOFT ass computer geeks.

Be a fucking man and leave your name.

-----------------------

The question isn't if DEZ should be on the wall, it is if THAT MURAL should be in DEZ's Background.

-----

----Dash167th-----

Fierce Competition

Guest MONSTERKIDZ
Originally posted by DirtySanchez

if i was scant, i d go right for that truck .lolllllllllllllllll

i shouldnt even jinx the h.o.f like that, lemme chill.:idea:

Scant will show em how it's dun dun dun

WHAT!Can't I dislike a KaySlay Mixtape, you don't hear the songs, just him screaming!

Re-read my message, I didn't say that the KAYSLAY piece was bad, or that DEZ doesn't belong there.

The only comment I said about the HOF, is that it was ILL.

I was only commenting on all the bikkering and complains, not contributing, I didn't talk shit or complain.

JESUS IS PURE LOVE

peace

Guest CrewJones

you all are the biggest bunch of jump-to-conclusions, dont-think-about what-is -going on followers ever... If you woulda just paid attention in english class during the analytical reading portion, youd plainly understand LIKE I DID THE FIRST TIME I READ IT that:

1. The piece was not REALLY buffed.

2. WHY some thought it shouldnt be there...

Does everything have to be fucking explained in kindergarten tone for you guys to understand things, or are you just content with tagging along with everone else's mob-mentality reaction...

You people wouldve LOVED the salem witch trials....

"huh? what'd dat nigguh say? salem whaa?" Exactly....... dumb fucks