Hall of Fame 2004

Nic Thamaire

FLICKSTAR, dont let me come off like a dick, even tho i may sometimes seem to, my point was about in the midst of all the business and politics of safe guarding and "re publishing" we've forgotten the concept of the good quality of posting the pix to begin with. and the pureness of the piece painted.

and not for nothin. i dont hear the artists themselves complaining about money when a website gets mad about "their property" getting published in mags. there alot of purity gettting lost these days, and i come off mad bitter because of the suroundings i see. i dunno man. shits just twisted now.

i woulda posted the pix no prob. except shit wasnt finished while i was there.

im out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys I know there's something missing.. but I feel the Kayslay piece was doing nothing for the wall.. No disrespect to Dez and what he did during the early NYC subway craze. But I feel that if you show up to a wall and you see the work that is being put into the wall, If you don't want to respect the young writers of today you should at least respect the craft that gave you the early fame in your career. Come correct with a hot blazing piece.. Not that half ass Kayslay that was done this year.... If you are going to rock the wall give your spot to someone else.

I know there are people out there that will say.. Dez was the man and he deserves to be on the wall.. and I agree but put some effort and style into your piece... You have one year to work on an outline that will blow everyones mind away...

Please do your think in 2005, show the youngsters out there that the old school can still rock some hot shit... and you might want to look at a color chart next time and pick some better colors...

Like I said no disrespect to Slay and the work he is doing as a dj but you are making the old timers look like we can't hang....

If some of you want to hate on me cause of what I did.. fuck it... go ahead..

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v16/flixster/HOF2004.jpg'>

WHAT??

WITHOUT THE "KAY SLAY" , THAT WALL ISN'T EVEN GRAFFITI.

I'D RATHER SEE DEZ AND SKEME WIPE THERE ASS AND TAG THAT WALL WITH SHIT STAINS THAN TO SEE THAT BULLSHIT MURAL.

DASHEROCKWELLZ < STILL REMEMBERS GRAFFITI, NEW YORK STYLE.

FAME CITY KINGS

Guest diggity

Re: WHAT??

Originally posted by Pharaoh145th

WITHOUT THE "KAY SLAY" , THAT WALL ISN'T EVEN GRAFFITI.

I'D RATHER SEE DEZ AND SKEME WIPE THERE ASS AND TAG THAT WALL WITH SHIT STAINS THAN TO SEE THAT BULLSHIT MURAL.

DASHEROCKWELLZ < STILL REMEMBERS GRAFFITI, NEW YORK STYLE.

FAME CITY KINGS

this man speaks the truth.

Originally posted by flixster

Ok guys I know there's something missing.. but I feel the Kayslay piece was doing nothing for the wall.. No disrespect to Dez and what he did during the early NYC subway craze. But I feel that if you show up to a wall and you see the work that is being put into the wall, If you don't want to respect the young writers of today you should at least respect the craft that gave you the early fame in your career. Come correct with a hot blazing piece.. Not that half ass Kayslay that was done this year.... If you are going to rock the wall give your spot to someone else.

I know there are people out there that will say.. Dez was the man and he deserves to be on the wall.. and I agree but put some effort and style into your piece... You have one year to work on an outline that will blow everyones mind away...

Please do your think in 2005, show the youngsters out there that the old school can still rock some hot shit... and you might want to look at a color chart next time and pick some better colors...

Like I said no disrespect to Slay and the work he is doing as a dj but you are making the old timers look like we can't hang....

you're buggin..that kayslay piece burns this entire wall...

There is one thing everyone has to remember. Graff is 100% not about backrounds and some fancy artsie bull shit. I would rather see a kay slay piece than all the 3d and portrat type crab our younger generation has grown to know as fresh. I personally think next year at the HOF everyone should rock silvers and b-boy joints and we can than separate the men from the boys. It is sad to say but there is only a few new cats that really know the deal. I hope no one got there panties in a knot but just think silver RUSTO black outline and style. Thats all that counts.

Toreone....OT...Tm7

flixster????

Flixster, im not sure who you are or if you were on the main wall, but come on. you know dez is on the main wall every year and obviously his piece did not match that background at all, but the people doing the main wall should of thought about that before they did that theme. dez's style has pretty much always been the same so whoever decided to buff him is fucked up because the piece is hot it just don't fit with the rest of the wall. they should of just got art school students or went to williamsburg to get people to paint the main wall if thats what the wanted. plain and simple its not really graff that the hall of fame is famous for....who helped on the main wall besides part anyway?

Guest Sket One

I have been visiting the HOF since the early 80's that is one of the most disrepectful things I have ever seen or heard of. I wish the hall of fame would be just old school

cut off year would be 1990 let the TRUE meaning of FAME come out with the crews from NYC instead of new school euro heads doing mural work. RESPECT your elders ALWAYS!!! you have no one else to THANK for your art except them!

You have to be joking right? please tell me it's a big joke. That wall sorry... it's not Graff...oh because it was done with spray means it's graffiti? give me a break...it looks nice... hmm would be nice in a frame...To buff him out is wrong. Is it just me or is HOF falling off? well if it wasnt for the great work from TC5/FC and a few others it woudlnt even be worth looking at.

one last note.... it's hard to REALLY see your wonderful photoshop skills....hmm maybe cuz you post your photos sooooo fucking small to begin with. LOL

anyways.....

more

i forgot some. how bout emit, sub, gaze, kaws,the rest of fc, theres also a ton more who im sure would love to paint the hall of fame instead of the trendie eauropeans. nothing against europeans, but give it to the new york heads who deserve it. then it will be hot.

old writer kayslay aka dezzy dez is doing the freshest style,

straight graff!!!!about the wall in the hof,the idea is2make a

piece incl into the background...a combo!but maybe the wall

was to artsy fartsy 3d to match the kayslay piece?..anyway iam

not a big fan of 3d style,no outline type of stuff,i know it takes skills

but the way i learn it,its about letters.....all the background,characters

comes secondary.....and about european writers!those who knows the deal,have a huge amount of respect for New York history,so dont pull that weak as card up!

we get down to...

just ask dasherock,hes been out here...http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/styleisking/roskildefestivalWALL.jpg'>

i was only referring to europeans who dont even know lettering, and even then i like the shit that comes out of europe, but this was the hall of fame it should be about style, lettering not who can do the best portrait and i really would love to hear someone try and argue with that, but i wasnt disrespecting europeans just saying maybe the main wall should reflect new york.

Originally posted by Sket One

I have been visiting the HOF since the early 80's that is one of the most disrepectful things I have ever seen or heard of. I wish the hall of fame would be just old school

cut off year would be 1990 let the TRUE meaning of FAME come out with the crews from NYC instead of new school euro heads doing mural work. RESPECT your elders ALWAYS!!! you have no one else to THANK for your art except them!

I totally agree with what your saying,But the kids that did the background said they were from Brooklyn.??

Archived