...12oz...Recommends.. Music...

Telo

I know, I know. There have been about 300 hundred thousand music threads created.

But as I'm surfing Amazon.com picking out a present for my younger brother, I say to myself..

"Yo son, Cop a CD homie"

Therefore i scramble my brain to try and think of something to cop. As my brain slowly but surely stresses out from above mentioned experience, I find myself heading over to 12oz to get some suggestions.

I browse through the Stickies only to find absolutely NOTHING In the way of music.

And after eating two slices of pizza, Microwave dinner, and a half of a sandwhich. Topped off with a San Pelegrino Water, I hardly feel like going through all types of search buttons.

So therefore, I need a good recommendation on ONE, i repeat ONE, Cd purchase.

I was listening to a few Bonobo CD'S today while cleaning my car so I have a feeling Ill be on that tip for the next few weeks, any recommendations in that Genre...

I guess the whole purpose of this thread is to get some type of sticky up top so i dont have to go scrounging through page after page of music threads.

Have a great winter everyone, im going to hump the fridge.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Telo

Luggage eh???

Is it worth a purchase? I dont have any filesharing music shit so i cant preview songs before i buy..

if you like underground you will like luggage, you listen to Dj Babu, and/or hieroglyphics u will be feelin them.

Originally posted by StarzAbove

There are so many genres of music to get a best cd reccomendation it's kinda bland!

Are you not capable of transfering computer text to your brain?

I said something along the lines of bonobo. that type of genre, i dont know what you would call it though. Electronic? ehhhh.. dont know.

I've never heard, bonobo?, but you said it was

hard to classify, then came up with the word

electronic....which makes me think of

Squarepusher. Funky electro drummy music.

Yes, squarepusher - ultravisitor.

Or the new RJD2 (umm...its called...since we last

spoke) , its all I've heard from him, but its very good.

You've got Madvillainy.. I know because I gave it to you.

Here's my suggestions. Some are in the vein you asked for, some aren't:

Blockhead- Music By Cavelight (must have)

Prefuse 73 - Vocal Studies & Uprock Narratives (prefuse is always ill)

Chase Phoenix - Cut To The Chase (this is if you want to take a risk, I haven't heard it)

Big Pun - Yeeeah Baby (in case you don't have)

Phantom 45 - Fully Sorted (dnb/jungle/whatever you call this shit)

Yesterday's New Quintet - Angels Without Edges (you'd like)

All can be found on Amazon.. I think.

Excellent suggestions people, i will preview them when i get home from work.

I will be in the process of bumping this thread over the next few weeks.

Can anyone recommend a good home audio system in the 200-350$ range?

I'de get braintax's biro-funk before anything by taskforce... but thats just me..

If youR* looking for electronica, ages ago Hesh recommended a group called soviet in a tantrum thread... After a few listens I got down with them ..

Soviet-We are eyes, We are builders .

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Mr. Chupacabra is absolutely on point.

As for audio systems, do you want stereo or 5.1?

I got this around January for $330 and it kicks much ass:

http://www.minskshop.net/shop/images/SC-HT700.jpg'>

Panasonic SC-HT700

And, of course, it plays DVD's too. I'm never going back to stereo systems.

330$ is pretty good..

If you say it sounds great and kicks alot of ass then that may be worth a glance or two by me.

All Suggestions sound great.. Ill make sure to take a listen to all of them..

As for mellow sunday afternoon music, what do you all suggest?

I just bought that new jada kiss. I dont really like east coast rap at all but i like his shit. If you like rap id get it. Umm as far as music i have been taking lately I have been getting a lot of ohio players and earth wind and fire.

don't sleep on one of the greatest musicians of all time

http://www.assassin-productions.fr/musique/robert-johnson.jpg'>

this guy is amazing.

Introduction

Many have dubbed Johnson the father of modern rock and roll. Of all early bluesmen, Robert Johnson can be considered one of the more prolific. Although he did not live long enough to become as popular as many of the other earlier blues artists, his music has influenced a number of musicians who dramatically changed music history. Popular covers of his songs have been recorded by Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Elmore James,The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and many, many others.

Some find interesting the Legend behind the Legend: a partnership with the Devil- his soul for music infamy.

Even more interesting is the reality of the man. Although little is known about his history (adding to the rumors surrounding his life) the music remains. Thoughout Rock and Roll, among guitar player's circles, and reverberating through blues fans conversations, Robert Johnson is a name commonly heard. This site includes Real Audio Clips of his recordings.

http://www.deltahaze.com/johnson/

Originally posted by SilentBob

If youR* looking for electronica, ages ago Hesh recommended a group called soviet in a tantrum thread... After a few listens I got down with them ..

Soviet-We are eyes, We are builders .

Are you fucking joking? I'm laughing my ass of at it. It's so goddamn eurogay.

Re: don't sleep on one of the greatest musicians of all time

Originally posted by !@#$%

http://www.assassin-productions.fr/musique/robert-johnson.jpg'>

this guy is amazing.

Introduction

Many have dubbed Johnson the father of modern rock and roll. Of all early bluesmen, Robert Johnson can be considered one of the more prolific. Although he did not live long enough to become as popular as many of the other earlier blues artists, his music has influenced a number of musicians who dramatically changed music history. Popular covers of his songs have been recorded by Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Elmore James,The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and many, many others.

Some find interesting the Legend behind the Legend: a partnership with the Devil- his soul for music infamy.

Even more interesting is the reality of the man. Although little is known about his history (adding to the rumors surrounding his life) the music remains. Thoughout Rock and Roll, among guitar player's circles, and reverberating through blues fans conversations, Robert Johnson is a name commonly heard. This site includes Real Audio Clips of his recordings.

http://www.deltahaze.com/johnson/

Marry me.

Archived