>>Dws South London crew<<

hold up

Graffiti artists leave traders to pick up bill

By Lucy Oldham

FURIOUS shopkeepers on Richmond Hill are the latest victims of a local graffiti artist with the signature "BOOM" and are paying hundreds of pounds to remove his criminal damage to their property.

Richard Meacock, who owns the Fine Arts Studios picture gallery, one of around 20 premises affected, returned from holiday to the distressing news. He said: "I can’t believe this has happened, it really is the last straw for us little shopkeepers who can ill-afford this kind of needless extra expense."

Mr Meacock believes the word ‘BOOM’ has been engraved on each shop window with spark plugs. "I originally thought it had been done with a diamond but apparently the sharp ceramic on spark plugs is used."

The damage will cost each shopkeeper anything from £100 to £300 and will not be covered by their insurance due to the excess.

Mr Meacock says: "The more I talk to people it seems the signature ‘BOOM’ can be seen all over the place. It’s written in paint on various fences and walls down the A316 and is also painted in black and white on the side wall of Salamis Taverna Restaurant in Richmond.

"This guy must be caught. I’m not concerned about him going to jail but we should have the opportunity to get our money back. It’s so unfair, his handiwork is destroying small businesses. It’s a real nuisance and no laughing matter. Soon there’ll be no small shops left in Richmond, we’ve been suffering for years with lack of trade and competition with large supermarkets and this is yet another reason for us to chuck in the towel."

Harry Yianni works in his parents’ business, the Salamis Taverna Restaurant on Hill Rise in Richmond, and says: "Graffiti is a constant problem for us. We have a large side wall which is always being painted on and it’s a real nuisance, our chef is out there in all weathers getting rid of it.

"This is the first time vandals have marked the glass. It happened about ten days ago, to us and five other neighbouring shops. Just to fix our three windows on the restaurant is going to cost £250 plus VAT."

The graffiti along Richmond Hill parade was reported to the police last week. PC Ray Goodlett confirmed they are aware of the ‘BOOM’ signature: "It is one we are definitely familiar with and it’s currently being looked into. The same ‘tag’ has also been used in ***********."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"2sly self promotion muwahh...oioi did u do it las nite..dint call coz im too fuckign lazy to venture into0 the big city..."

LOL--THATS WHAT U GET WHEN U LIVE IN THE STICKS!! HAVE A FEW MORE PURPLE HILLS AND YOU'LL BE RUNNING UP TO THE BIG BAD CITY ........

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

PS-IM JUS PLAYIN PARTNER!!!!

skrib- whats you're fucking problem bruv? do i know you? what the fuck has me commenting on the fact that these brers are baiting themselves out got to do with you?. grow up- you've been a dickhead on this website for too long. this aint the first time i've seen you be an arrogant and cocky twat on 12oz.

Originally posted by Mr Torrance

skrib- whats you're fucking problem bruv? do i know you? what the fuck has me commenting on the fact that these brers are baiting themselves out got to do with you?. grow up- you've been a dickhead on this website for too long. this aint the first time i've seen you be an arrogant and cocky twat on 12oz.

looks like a certain fake little toy cant take it eh.... oh well.... :D

SKRIB-you dont know me or what i write- there's no way you could. but i KNOW what you write and the fact that i've seen you up about twice in barely legible shit with bombs the the size of an ant hardly gives you any right to say shit. i apologize to the rest of the people on the thread for what is a sad discussion but i guess it takes a sad little bitter child to bring me down to such al evel. skrib- you're a nob

Originally posted by two sly

The graffiti along Richmond Hill parade was reported to the police last week. PC Ray Goodlett confirmed they are aware of the ‘BOOM’ signature: "It is one we are definitely familiar with and it’s currently being looked into. The same ‘tag’ has also been used in ***********."

there goes the ego...

Originally posted by Mr Torrance

SKRIB-you dont know me or what i write- there's no way you could. but i KNOW what you write and the fact that i've seen you up about twice in barely legible shit with bombs the the size of an ant hardly gives you any right to say shit. i apologize to the rest of the people on the thread for what is a sad discussion but i guess it takes a sad little bitter child to bring me down to such al evel. skrib- you're a nob

well done, you just managed to get wrong about 10 times in 6 lines.... you must be thinkin of someone else buddy, gwarn with your boojy wannabee shit anyway... :lol:

Archived