a question about the passion of the christ

Fabo 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest sneak
Originally posted by can of worms

I just watched this. one question:

so in the flogging scene we see the physical embodiment of lucifer holding a pale white, ugly baby. What's that meant to represent?

i havent seen the film, but it could represent Lucifer becoming ready to attempt to take jesus (possibly the baby?) to hell when he dies.

maybe the flogging is also representing jesus's struggles through his life - the torture etc and this is a dark time. a hellish time....

http://www.ibiblio.org/samneill/pictures/omen3/omen310.jpg'>

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of

your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning,

and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.

When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a

liar, and the father of it.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/popesata.jpg'>

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/popecnn.jpg'>

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/antipope.jpg'>

And no marvel; for Satan himself is

transformed into an angel of light. {15} Therefore it is no

great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the

ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to

their works.

The way I interpreted it was that was the devil inside of Christ. That is the reason no one else saw him. He was there to tempt Christ in his hardships. I argued this with someone aroudn the time the movie was released so I don't remember too well, but that's how i saw it maybe i'll go into more detail later.

Originally posted by sect one

The way I interpreted it was that was the devil inside of Christ. That is the reason no one else saw him. He was there to tempt Christ in his hardships. I argued this with someone aroudn the time the movie was released so I don't remember too well, but that's how i saw it maybe i'll go into more detail later.

I think that's meant to be the general idea, but mary can see lucifer in the crowd, so it's not just jesus that can see him .

the little fucked up baby lucifer holds was the only thing that I had no idea what it was meant to represent. Possibly it's mocking christ, or a symbol of the antichrist, but I don't know so this is all speculation.

Anyway if someone can actually answer my question 'twould be most helpfull

The death of Christ was going to be the ultimate triumph for Satan. Not

only had he turned against god and amassed his own army, but now,

god's own son was going to be killed because of a betrayal that Satan

himself had facilitated. The world was falling into place just as Satan

had wanted it to... he was nurturing the festering pile of shit almost like

a child. The baby, then, would represent the world that Be'alzebub was

building up.

This would explain why the devil got as pissed as he did as soon as Jesus

said the words "It is done." Only at that moment did he realize that all

he worked to create was falling apart before his eyes, as Jesus' ransom

blood spilled and washed away the sins of man. His baby was dead.

i think the baby lucifer was holding was us children of sin....and remember how the movie had demons throughout it that died or went away every time one of the desciples died every time that jesus was close to dying the devil was there trying to persuade him to go with him.

Guest KING BLING

http://amywelborn.typepad.com/openbook/200..._up_with_t.html

"Again," said Gibson, "it's evil distorting what's good. What is more tender and beautiful than a mother and a child? So the Devil takes that and distorts it just a little bit. Instead of a normal mother and child you have an androgynous figure holding a 40-year-old 'baby' with hair on his back. It is weird, it is shocking, it's almost too much—just like turning Jesus over to continue scourging him on his chest is shocking and almost too much, which is the exact moment when this appearance of the Devil and the baby takes place."

Originally posted by Daze One Million

i dont recall seeing that specifically, but im sure it represents something religous of some sort

No offense man, but this reply reminds of the fucker yesterday at Home Depot..I went and bought a new barbeque with an empty propane tank. Well Iasked the employee if there was somewhere close, and he responded, "Yeah, somewhere that fills propane."..That's like asking for milk and him saying,"yeah somewhere that has a cow."

No fuckin shit it was religously symbolic, the whole fuckin movie was about Christ..Thanks, but no thanks..

Sorry, I had to get that out.