your top 5 box to crush

ghostvandal

• 5 years later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i get FEC rockcars out the ass down here.^

i don't have many freight around me. and i don't hit that many. (i have humility to say my style isn't where i want it to be to start painting freights more often, but its getting close.)

but my favorite cars regardless.

1. BNSFs with the ice sickles or baby blue Cold Trains

2. Any rare boxcar or an odd ball company i've never seen before.

3. Tropicanas

4. the white CSX reefers.

5. the excess hight, flat, Conrail's, NS's, and CN's

and before anyone gets their vaginas hurt about some 'kid' painting freights. all i have around me are shortline rockcars that i only get to paint on the happen chance that there is a few layed up.

D&RGW

BAR (State Of Maine) done a grip of BARs but never one of these

Tropi

Iceburg

FEC

ive painted all those except an iceburg... whats that??? just a nickname for some kind of reefer or what?

i wanna paint an r.j. corman boxcar.

did a hollow on 1 but hollows are weak so i dont count it.

i cant really think of any boxes i want to paint more than others except that one. i like to paint pretty much anything that i know isnt going to stay in the area i painted it.

yes, the old D&RGWs. Never seen the restamps - but i havent been out in quite a long time..

icebergs = the BNSF reefers with the ice sickles. again, im a little out of the loop on current terminology....

ive always wanted to do an FEC but im retired so its too late now. guess ill have to settle for FEC in HO scale...

Hmm...not a bad thread to bring back from the archives. I've hit some of my most wanted in the interim, so my list has changed up a bit.

I still need:

Cold train

Tropicana, any but prefer orange background

Couple of autorack species not found yet: the new P&Ws, red pegboards, automaxes.

Obsessed lately with those smooth/riveted aluminum Cargill hoppers (CAGX or CRGX) or any smooth, straight-walled hopper.

Still obsessed with flat, insulated boxes that have changed hands and now have marks ending in X: CMHX, MWCX, HCGX, HPJX. Got a couple of the ex-CHTT orange flats stamped HLMX this year, and saw a bunch of classic shit on the ones I didn't hit including Twist hands.

I'm on a hopper kick lately. There's so many brands that they're hard to lace up, and you may have to travel to hit em and then they get less play. But I'm tired of not seeing myself on them.

Tall-walled intermodals are still underrepresented in my fleet too.

I'm sure I'll think of more after a session in Metal Heads.

10.jpg

so that was almost 12 years ago(did it in jan of 98) but ive done one more recently.

havent seen one in a little while i used to see them pretty regularly here.

that car is still rolling which makes me pretty god damn happy.

ive never seen a restamp either.

yes, the old D&RGWs. Never seen the restamps - but i havent been out in quite a long time..

icebergs = the BNSF reefers with the ice sickles. again, im a little out of the loop on current terminology....

ive always wanted to do an FEC but im retired so its too late now. guess ill have to settle for FEC in HO scale...

10.jpg

so that was almost 12 years ago(did it in jan of 98) but ive done one more recently.

havent seen one in a little while i used to see them pretty regularly here.

that car is still rolling which makes me pretty god damn happy.

ive never seen a restamp either.

These still roll around, i have seen a few of them here and there. But there is an even older color scheme for these beasts. Its this scheme on new cars

pictures%5C2448%5C1968%20d&rgw%20plug%20car%2060915%20marshalltown%20iowa.jpg

10.jpg

i see these pretty regularly, about 4 or 5 per month. most are smashed but theres a few clean ones rolling around. MO-PAC insulated boxcars are cool too

always been a fan of these, this was the only one i've ever seen in person.

img1161w.jpg

I see both the DRGW oranges and the UP's pictures above, did one tonight actually. I would like to get more system hoppers though. Would be nice

-someone mentioned auto maxes. i agree.

-cold train too, as long as there isn't too much sidebusting...

-an eastern US fallen flag auto parts box... penn central black (or jade green) please. worm logo. B40 knows what i'm talking about.

- middletown & new jersey (short line) 50 footer.

- a bright green BN covered hopper... or one of the light beige CSX shorty grainers.

5 that i want...

berlin mills

tropi

bnsf flat..just the reg box. got the reefer.

grey NS flat, the big boy

and last...i wish i woulda got to the MMA1 before MFK.

5 favorite to paint...

grn BNFE

golden wests

bnsf box

mini ridge reefers

chessies

Archived